Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Tough questions for President Abdiweli of Puntland

I like how he educates the desperate naysayers who wish to conceal their obvious skullduggery by demanding the defunct and unfair 4.5 system to return in 2016.

Abdiwali says that the major clans(I.e D-block, Hag, Digir&Muufo, and the dir) all send delegates from their respective districts. As for the so called (.5) minority tribes - they get to keep their current quota.

However generous and noble of Cabdiwali to wanna give minorities fair representation in the next government, I believe if any allowance for leeway is given to the 4.5 system and it gets prolonged, then that old adage of ..."give 'em an inch and they will want to take a mile" will come into play sooner or later.

I believe the constitution has ample protections for minority rights, so these minority groups need not be allowed to undermine the very constitution that is supposed to protect them by further propagating the 4.5 nonsense.

As an outsider I have a comment on this.

If a person is investing on differences that means that person is after personal gain rather than public interest (as in trump freak)

If a person is investing in similarities/combining aspects, then this person most possibly will be punished for his/her wisdom :)

In the case of Abdiwali, I don't know the guy. But, as far as I can see guy is an all-out American pragmatist. He used to be a academic nerd, knows US, UN/NGOs and arab traders very well. He replaced a powerful figure with the help of all of the above. He has controversial political moves, generally not consistent with his earlier political carrier in Federal Government. Apparently he is a smart guy, only explanation I can think of now that he is trying to pay his political debts.