Sign in to follow this  
Admin

An emotional Mo Farah says he “not dodgy” despite remaining with a coach who has been accused of plying athletes with illegal drugs.

Admin   

An emotional Mo Farah has insisted he is “not dodgy” despite remaining with a coach who has been accused of plying athletes with drugs.
Speaking three days after his coach Alberto Salazar was accused of multiple doping offences in a BBC documentary, Farah came out on the offensive as he repeatedly stated that he has done nothing wrong.
“I’m really angry about the situation,” he said. “It’s not fair.
“I haven’t done anything but my name is getting dragged through the mud.
“My reputation is getting ruined. I don’t want kids to think I am doing something dodgy, when I am not.”
moGetty_3330499a.jpgMo Farah, Galen Rupp and Alberto Salazar at the London OlympicsIgnoring the advice of a number of prominent British athletes who urged Farah to leave Salazar this week, the double Olympic champion confirmed he will remain under his guidance at the Nike Oregon Project with UK Athletics stating they have “absolutely no concerns” about the relationship.However, Farah insisted he will leave the camp unless Salazar can provide proof that he has not committed the offences he is accused of.“I spoke to Alberto, I got on the phone and said to him, ‘Alberto, what's going on?’ and he said, ‘Mo, I can prove this to you, these are just allegations and I can show you evidence’, and I said ok.•Mo Farah silent as pressure grows“It's not something in my control but I want to know answers. I need to know what's going on.“If they turn out to be true, and Alberto has crossed the line, I'm the first person to leave.”Salazar is alleged to have given Olympic 10,000m silver medallist Galen Rupp drugs throughout his career.The claims, made in a BBC Panorama documentary, allege that Salazar gave Rupp steroids when the runner was just 16 years old, as well as encouraging him to take the asthma drug prednisone, which is banned in competition, and to use intravenous drips to flout anti-doping regulations.• Farah's association with Salazar raises awkward questionsBoth Rupp and Salazar have denied any wrongdoing, while Farah was not accused of doing anything illegal.Salazar has worked as a consultant for UK Athletics since 2013 and the national governing body sprang something of a surprise when they released a statement yesterday offering their support for the American.SALAZARFARAH_3328750b.jpgMo Farah's coach Alberto Salazar has been caught up in a doping rowDespite releasing a statement saying they “had absolutely no concerns over Salazar’s conduct and coaching methods”, performance director Neil Black then said UK Athletics would sever ties with him if he could not prove he was innocent.“Alberto swears to us that the responses are going to demonstrate that he has nothing to answer to,” he said.“That is what we are expecting and if that is what we get, we will move forward collectively.“We will end the working relationship as soon as there is any proven doubt.”Farah, who has been based with Salazar since moving his family to America in 2011, runs his first race in Britain this summer when he competes at the Birmingham Grand Prix on Sunday.Farah2_3329254b.jpgMo Farah has denied he has broken any rules at any timeInsisting that he has “nothing to hide” and would publish all of his blood values to convince people he is clean, Farah said he hopes the British public will still support him.“I haven’t done anything,” he said. “It’s about Alberto and allegations made about him.“I hope the public can understand that. There are answers needed and I hope I have answered what people need to know.” 
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/11656643/Mo-Farah-set-to-keep-Alberto-Salazar-as-coach-despite-doping-allegations.html

http://www.somaliaonline.com/an-emotional-mo-farah-says-he-not-dodgy-despite-remaining-with-a-coach-who-has-been-accused-of-plying-athletes-with-illegal-drugs/

I like this guy, I really hope he makes it through.

He got pushed into a global stardom and has always been under the spotlight. I was reading on Hiiraan.com that he now has family issues and his brother is publishing some expośe on him.

I really feel for him. Hope he makes it through. At 31 yrs old, he got a lot at his plate.

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I like this guy, I really hope he makes it through.

He got pushed into a global stardom and has always been under the spotlight. I was reading on Hiiraan.com that he now has family issues and his brother is publishing some expośe on him.

I really feel for him. Hope he makes it through. At 31 yrs old, he got a lot at his plate.

So his relatively broke brother is offered hundreds of thousands of pounds by one of those crazy British tabloids to give them some family secrets? Hmmmm who in the Horn of Africa would refuse such a lucrative offer? :-D

YoniZ   

It is that time of being pulled the rug from under his feet.

The medals are there for team GB to polish their long distance records, and finally London 2012 was sensational.

However, from now on, the poor Mo lad will notice slowly but surely, the true colours of the racist tabloid editors around the corner.

Good luck to him!

Racist Tabloids can't stand a black European champion,every athlete is screened prior to every event so certainly he was clean all along.he will come out unscathed

Tallaabo   

Nowadays it is so easy to accuse others of racism!! There is absolutely no racism here folks. If you watched the original BBC Panaroma documentary you would see that more whites were indicted for wrongdoing than blacks.