Sign in to follow this  
thefuturenow

PM Resignation

Odey   

I dont think so. Even saacid put up a much tougher fight than this and this PM is far more capable of a much tougher fight and has a valid constitutional point. He has the higher legal and moral authority in this instance.

What I suspect will happen is that in his latest get together of the cabinet they will rule amongst many other things that the newly reshuffled ministers take up their designated posts. More than likely that almost all will agree. That will leave good old Farah out in the open and in refusing the order, the council of ministers will next here a motion to dismiss him which will be carried with overwhelming numbers. That will probably be the checkmate the PM will play.

<cite>
said:</cite>

He's done. You heard it here first.

Nonsense. If this news were true, then our resident damjadiid mouthpiece would have shared this wonderful and glorious news.

Until then.. We await confirmation from Mudane Malistar of SOL :D

Mooge   

why resign when you just started? niyoow unless he was looking for excuse to resign, this is not possible at this time. Yuulka will battle qoslaye and qoslaye will be damaged more. qoslaye may survive this battle but he has no change on 2016 because of these dirty fights. he is not a unifier. he is seen as an obstacle0.

The PM will not resign before a fight. But, I think, he will resign.

There are two ways to do this:

1. A motion---I think he has enough support to survive it. Dam Jadiid has enough enemies and the PM and his new friends in Boosaaso can bankroll his fight against a no-confidence motion.

BUT

2. The council of ministers resigns. This is the strategy the President will pursue. If a majority of the ministers resign, then it is likely that the PM resigns.

Some of you may know the makeup aka "affiliation" of the Ministers better than me. But I find it hard to imagine that the PM can keep enough of them from leaving the job.

galbeedi   

Tilamook, Waad Iga qoslisay Walaahi. So We are waiting for Mr. malister to clear the air.

I don't think the President has the majority of the cabinet. It may even look like a sabotage. If any one of the ministers participates a sabotage of the Prime minister without just cause, they will be finished. They will not have any standing or future among the public.

If goes to the Parliament , it will be a messy proceeding. The damage suffered by Qoslaaye will finish him off. He has to forget any future role. The best option is to manage this disagreement and come to understanding.

^

Galbeedi, saaxiib, I don't think the powers that be will allow things to spiral to such depths this time.

What we have in the president and his prime minister are 2 individuals with opposing views on the federalization program that the Vision 2016 calls for.

The President for very obvious and myopic reasons feels that federalism isn't in the interest of his constituents and in turn the influence and power his close Damjadiid cronies have.

On the other side, the PM is genuine about fully implementing the federalization program that the provinsional constitution calls and that most Somalis or their representatives have agreed on, and on which the President and the PM were sworn to uphold.

This is the true source of this current spat between the 2 leaders. However, the President's reaction was wrong and shortsighted, and he has only achieved to corner himself with this latest shananigans about a minister whose portfolio was switched.

In any case, now, it's upto to the international community to help Culusow save face whilst ensuring their Vision 2016 program is not impaired in anyway, whatsoever. How they do that is anyone's guess-- but I assure you, the days of damjadiid political influence on Somalia's high offices has come to an end.

... and good riddance too :D

<cite>
said:</cite>

The President for very obvious and myopic reasons feels that federalism isn't in the interest of his constituents and in turn the influence and power his close Damjadiid cronies have.

On the other side, the PM is genuine about fully implementing the federalization program that the provinsional constitution calls and that most Somalis or their representatives have agreed on, and on which the President and the PM were sworn to uphold.

This is the true source of this current spat between the 2 leaders.

Are you serious?