Sign in to follow this  
Axmed1508736699

Seccesionists, this is real progress. Learn from it

Somalia's first cash machine opens in Mogadishu

4 3 Google +0 0

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Somalia's first-ever cash withdrawal machine has been installed in the capital, Mogadishu.

Some people are confused about how the machine works because they have never used one before, reports the BBC's Mohamed Moalimu from the city.

The machine, installed by Salaam Somali Bank in an upmarket hotel, allows customers to withdraw US dollars.

Somalia has a rudimentary banking sector, with many people relying on remittances from abroad.

Its development has been thwarted by more than two decades of conflict involving clan and religious-based militia groups.

Xaaji Xunduf and CiilSNM misses the days when Xamar used to be desert and battleground for Ciidamada Xooga Dalka vs Terrorists. They miss Godane! :D

Khatumo Patriotic Soldiers receiving money and training is coming soon :D

Then Awdal is next. The SNM clan enclave will feel that earth becomes a small place for them. Sieged from west and east by patriotic regional states.

Tallaabo   

Lool I am sure I saw a cash machine in Hargeisa when I visited the city almost a year ago. Although I don't like to carry cash around and prefer a cashless society where transactions are done online and wirelessly( an area where Somaliland is making real progress), I welcome the progress Mogadishu is making. But let me assure you no amount of cash machines in Mogadishu can make your daydream of destroying Somaliland a reality :-D

:D

this kid lost in wilderness, cash machines were in Sland long before.

waar fadhi ku dirirkanina ma soo kordhay.

:D

take easy buddy...

<cite>
said:</cite>

Lool I am sure I saw a cash machine in Hargeisa when I visited the city almost a year ago. Although I don't like to carry cash around and prefer a cashless society where transactions are done online and wirelessly( an area where Somaliland is making real progress), I welcome the progress Mogadishu is making. But let me assure you no amount of cash machines in Mogadishu can make your daydream of destroying Somaliland a reality :-D

No one wants to destroy Somaliland. Axmed simply wants "Somaliland" to be incorporated into a larger Somali Union.

How you can describe this as "destruction" is simply beyond me

Mooge   

Ooweyne, DoctorKenny knows that taking Somaliland under qoslaye is death and destruction at the moment. there is no leadership that is fair, just and honest in mogadishu niyoow. all they are interested is how to loot poor somalis' assets. DK is talking about a better somalia with better leadership and a better day. I would never allow Somaliland to be led by qoslaye because the guy cannot lead a goat let alone a peaceful region that is prospering (even though Siilaanyo is turning to be a thug himself right now).

<cite>
said:</cite>

DoctorKenney

And what do you say to those who think the incorporation of Somaliland into the Somali union is akin to the destruction of Somaliland, at least in their perspective? Think through your answer, my friend. For it will tell us whether you really believe your assertion, or whether you were simply saying things you do not believe in at heart. Lets hear your answer.

What do I say to secessionists such as Tallaabo and Xaaji Xunjuf?

Well, I prefer that we have a Somali Union which consists of several autonomous Federal States, each State having the power to secede from the Somali Union at will. A very loose Union of States. And I would want the Central Government in Mogadishu to have very little power and influence. The power will rest with the States (Somaliland, Puntland, Khaatumo, Central State, Jubbaland, etc.)

The rest of Somalia has no right to force the Somalilander people to stay within a larger Somali Union. The decision is up to them. But I would honestly hope that we at least assess the benefits of a Somali Union, and if it's in their interest to secede from the rest of Somalia, then by all means they should do so. And this would be for the benefit of both sides. But if the Somalilander people DO decide to stay within a Somali Union, then we should at least look at the mistakes of the 1960-1991 era and vow not to repeat them.

The same way how East Germany and West Germany were united into 1 country in 1991, after the Cold War ended. The West and East Germans assessed the benefits of reunifying their country and then they decided to go through with it.