So I wanted to get some of your opinions on

what some of you see and/or consider to be

Modern Norms.

Here goes the first one:

Modern Norm #1

- Going to University/College guarantees employment

Khayr   

Modern Norm #2

- Capitalism is the best system i.e. Making money to live a better life (regardless of who or what is in your way. After all, Natural Selection is all sbout survival of the fittest)

Khayr   

Modern Norm #3

- No judgement at all on what someone else

does or says. We don't judge people - right?

Is there a Cavaet here for some

things or some groups of people?

Freedom from state sponsored violence, access to basic education, economic opportunities, a fair judiciary, responsible capitalism and the right to worship any religion of my choosing.

And importantly the protection and advancement of minority rights!

Khayr   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Freedom from state sponsored violence,

Really? How so? Do you mean the Yankee way (refer to Michael Brown) or the other Yankee way of

Wherein Americans are free from "state sponsored violence" but the rest of the world isn't

freed from their (read Amerrican) sponsored violence against everyone else (sorry but who has the largest army/weapons).

Khayr   

Modern Norm # 4

- Men and women are equality.

Gender equality all the way.

This Norm is ingrained in the average persons thinking. It has become axiomatic.

Ofcourse, no one mentions how gender equality and capitalism go hand in hand. After all, you can't mortgage a two garage home and finance that new car with only hubbies income. So the wife must become equal and she too must work and pay for half the mortgage and finance her own car - right?

Khayr. I am not defending any system, American or otherwise. You asked what Solers consider modern norms to be, I simply gave you my opinion.

If you want to criticize American and Western norms and values, your question should be simply about that instead of using our answers as springboard to your real questions?

Modern Norm #5

All of the nations in the world must be judged according to British and American standards. How closely do they resemble the British/American model? Is it secular enough to their liking? Do they promote "diversity" and gay rights?

Khayr   

<cite>

Modern Norm #5

All of the nations in the world must be judged according to British and American standards. How closely do they resemble the British/American model? Is it secular enough to their liking? Do they promote "diversity" and gay rights?

Infact, the definitii of a "Good Society" or "Quality of life index" is often measured on those scales/metrics. What white society deems good "has" to be universaly accepted or else Uncle Sam and the Queen and all their friends will send in their big machinary - to force you ( Uhmm I mean to help you" to make those societal changes.)

Khayr   

Modern Norm # 6

- The idea of Freedom of expression.

> As long as it is supported by popular culture, you are free to express that thought or idea.

So long as it is not deemed to be socially unscceptable e.g. Writing about women staying at home instead of working or denying thr holycost.

Khayr   

Modern Norm # 7

- The media dictates popular culture and thought.

> So if the media tells you that a particular person is evil, then it becomes socially obligatory to hate and badmouth that person. If the media tells you (by way of social commentary and film) that white people are hard working and successful and that black people

are just lazy and a bunch of whiners, then you will believe in "white is always right".

xabad   

one modern norm is moral relativism, that all cultures are equal or valid, and we just need to understand them, even if one culture's involves child marriage and subjugation of other human beings.

another norm is western liberal social cultural economical system is the apogee of virtue and justice the rest of humanity must emulate in entirety. language, education system, political system, economical model etc

<cite>

one modern norm is moral relativism, that all cultures are equal or valid, and we just need to understand them, even if one culture's involves child marriage and subjugation of other human beings.

another norm is western liberal social cultural economical system is the apogee of virtue and justice the rest of humanity must emulate in entirety. language, education system, political system, economical model etc

The fact that you don't believe in a God--and thus you don't believe in an Objective Moral Standard--means you just shot yourself in the foot here. Because you're an Atheist, moral relativism is the ONLY possible way you can look at the world. Your worldview consists of the absence of a Creator, therefore any moral framework that exists is by definition "relative" and not universal. You can't have both at the same time

I cannot believe you can't see your utter hypocrisy :D