Sign in to follow this  
Hassan Abdi

Do you think Somlia will ever embrace secularism?

<cite>
said:</cite>

Why write the P.S if you've said what you needed to say (again with the contradictory posts).

Are you seriously asking me to create a universally acceptable morale code on the internet? Why not try defending the already existing Sharia. Asking me to define a universal morale code for you instead of you defending the Sharia surely raises questions about the morality of the Sharia. Your basically taking a cop-out position.

For instance, it would be permisible for a man in his mid 50s to marry a 6 year old under Sharia law. You cannot possibly defend that, can you?

I'm taking the cop-out position because I refuse to defend my positions to someone who doesn't even have an articulate moral framework with which he can pass judgments? This is equivalent to someone who wears a mask and calls others "ugly"!!

You're perfectly comfortable sitting in the chair of judge, jury, and executioner. Throwing allegations against Islam while I spend hours formulating a response to defend myself against you. And then once the matter is concluded, you bring up something new, something unsubstantiated and its just an endless cycle where I have to " win" your approval. You Atheists are completely unable to defend your positions or even discuss Islam in a calm rational manner....which is why you prefer to get involved in pseudo-debates that take place on the internet. You think its absurd to defend your moral framework on the internet, yet you hypocritically ask Muslims to do just that.

And then you have the nerve to call that a "discussion"

I have news for you pal. Discussions are a two-way street. And if I had to waste my time addressing the concerns of every random Farah or Liban, I'd be out of time and energy.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

I'm taking the cop-out position because I refuse to defend my positions to someone who doesn't even have an articulate moral framework with which he can pass judgments? This is equivalent to someone who wears a mask and calls others "ugly"!!

You're perfectly comfortable sitting in the chair of judge, jury, and executioner. Throwing allegations against Islam while I spend hours formulating a response to defend myself against you. And then once the matter is concluded, you bring up something new, something unsubstantiated and its just an endless cycle where I have to " win" your approval. You Atheists are completely unable to defend your positions or even discuss Islam in a calm rational manner....which is why you prefer to get involved in pseudo-debates that take place on the internet. You think its absurd to defend your moral framework on the internet, yet you hypocritically ask Muslims to do just that.

I have news for you pal. Discussions are a two-way street. And if I had to waste my time addressing the concerns of every random Farah or Liban, I'd be out of time and energy.

Well said. Don't debate him untill he brings as an alternative way of life with which we can compare Islam. Secularism is not a way of life.

<cite>

Takbir! Sharia is the truth since the infedels themselves have no morale framework! Who cares if Sharia Law allows domestic violence, Paedophilia, Slavery, Sexual Slavery etc. So long as the kuffars don't have a morale framework ours cannot be judged!!

^^^^^^^ That's basically your position. Complete joke. How can you not see the logical fallacy.

Secularism is the separation of Religion from the state. I am arguing that a state has the ability to create a morally superior code than the Sharia.

If you do not want to have a debate over this than just prove to me how paedophilia is morale? If you do not wan't to do that you don't have to reply to this post.

<cite>

Takbir! Sharia is the truth since the infedels themselves have no morale framework! Who cares if Sharia Law allows domestic violence, Paedophilia, Slavery, Sexual Slavery etc. So long as the kuffars don't have a morale framework ours cannot be judged!!

^^^^^^^ That's basically your position. Complete joke. How can you not see the logical fallacy.

Secularism is the separation of Religion from the state. I am arguing that a state has the ability to create a morally superior code than the Sharia.

If you do not want to have a debate over this than just prove to me how paedophilia is morale? If you do not wan't to do that you don't have to reply to this post.

In order to judge something as moral or immoral, then you need to have a moral framework in order to make that judgment. Otherwise you're just throwing allegations on no basis. That is so obvious that I can't believe you're incapable of seeing that for yourself.

Or maybe it's because you don't know what you're talking about? Maybe that's it :D

And you keep saying "logical fallacy logical fallacy logical fallacy" over and over again. You sound like a broken record :D. Did you learn what that phrase meant just yesterday? :D Or are you using that term in a desperate attempt to appear intellectual?

These are piss-poor arguments and you're an Amateur.

<cite>

In order to judge something as moral or immoral, then you need to have a moral framework in order to make that judgment. Otherwise you're just throwing allegations on no basis. That is so obvious that I can't believe you're incapable of seeing that for yourself.

Or maybe it's because you don't know what you're talking about? Maybe that's it
:D

And you keep saying "logical fallacy logical fallacy logical fallacy" over and over again. You sound like a broken record
. Did you learn what that phrase meant just yesterday?
Or are you using that term in a desperate attempt to appear intellectual?

These are piss-poor arguments and you're an Amateur.

Haha Nice one! So you do believe in peadophilia. Cool not really much I can say about that other than I thank your non existent god that Sharia law doesn't exist in the country I live in.

P.S definition of logical fallacy:A formal fallacy is a pattern of reasoning that is always wrong. This is due to a flaw in the logical structure of the argument which renders the argument invalid.

Write that out a thousand times and stamp it on your Farah head.

<cite>

Haha Nice one! So you do believe in peadophilia. Cool not really much I can say about that other than I thank your non existent god that Sharia law doesn't exist in the country I live in.

P.S definition of logical fallacy:A formal fallacy is a pattern of reasoning that is always wrong. This is due to a flaw in the logical structure of the argument which renders the argument invalid.

Write that out a thousand times and stamp it on your Farah head.

I don't know what else you want me to say :D

Piss off

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Cool not really much I can say about that other than I thank your non existent god that Sharia law doesn't exist in the country I live in.

Well then enjoy the non-existence of a moral code in the country you live in :-D

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Seven hells! Talaabo, you turncloack, maxaa dhacay? I thought you have seen the light?

Waaryaa just because I question anything and have my own strong opinions about everything including my religion does not mean I have joined you in the hell-bound infidel camp, acuudu billah :-D

<cite>

Waaryaa just because I question anything and have my own strong opinions about everything including my religion does not mean I have joined you in the hell-bound infidel camp, acuudu billah :-D

Good on you, its exactly how you should be! I take what I said back.

(I will save you a spot in our camp though, just in case :D )

there was neva Sharia Law among Somalis,not before, during or after colonization.We are secular even today with exception of few pockets.

Truth be told unless for the heck.

Safferz   

burahadeer has a point... in Somalia, custom - not religion - is king. Like all Muslim societies, we pick and choose what aspects of Islam to incorporate into our culture, and what parts of our culture persist in spite of it. Somali customary law (xeer) has always overruled sharia, traditionally. That said, I wouldn't say that makes Somalis "secular," just that the dominant legal system in Somali society is not a religious one. Sharia law has been around as long as Somalis have been Muslim, and has coexisted with customary law.

<cite>

Hi Saffy (:

Hi SP :)