Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

Are we Amnesiacs or desperate?

Coofle   

A Somali nomad poet by the name of Salaan carrabeey once said

"Dumarkuba xublada foosha way xanaf wareeraane

Balse inay xusuus daranyihiin, xaylka kale mooge"

in My "She entered my oceans!" (badahayga ayay soo gashay) English translation it will be something like..

"During the pains of labor, women get very ill

But due to their bad memory, they forget the next season!"

I know all nations do this, but we take the gold medal when it comes to idolizing our own destroyers!. During gathering of every Somali group and political discussion ensues, some will start boosting that Hebel and hebel were great men who would have led Somalis to great bounties. I would have agreed if Hebel and Hebel were men of integrity and honor, or at least in many situations men who understand the repercussions of their actions and in certain situation men who even understood how the world works.

I don't want to be the subject of sentimental clan-bashing but why do we always have people supporting the presidential bid of individuals like Maslax siyaad, General Morgan, Muuse biixi and Salad ali jelle...communities idolizing war criminals such as Almarxuum Aideed iyo Abdilahi yusuf.

Personally, I put the human life in the highest sanctity.Spilling human blood with cold-heart is the utmost crime one can commit, A muslim blood worst of all in that matter. men who openly encouraged killing sprees and ordered executions of unarmed Somali civilians based on their clan should at least be forgotten in the dumpster of history.

Allah will not change the conditions people live in until they change what is in their hearts. We want peace and development while our hearts are full of hatred. A Jahili-era Arab poet Said

وما انا الا من غزية ... ان غزت غزوت . وان ترشد غزية ارشد

it loosely translates to

"I am but from Ghaziya[his clan] , If they attack I attack and If they[his clan] choose the right path[peace], I choose it too."

That was almost 1500 years ago, are we still in that stage, that If I support my clans-man no matter what. Are we a bunch of Amnesiacs who forget the atrocities committed by our clansmen to our fellow countrymen? do we lack qualified leadership that we still chant for the old lot that left us here?

DISCLAIMER....A clear distinction should be made between Tribe and Tribalism, its like being black/white etc and racism. At least for another 1000 years every somali will be asked "Horta yaad tahay?" The question is not offensive but the motive is what defines the course of question!...