Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

1200 Djibouti troops will be trained for six months...

galbeedi   

Wasiirka arrimaha dibeda ee Djibouti, Mohamed Ali Yusuf ayaa sheegay in Maraykanku tababr u furay hal batalyan ama 1200 askari oo dawladiisu doonayso in ay ku biiriso hawlgalka Amisom ee Soomaalia.

sanadkan dhamaadkiisa ayaa la filayaa in ay Soomaalia soo gaadhaan markay tababarka dhamaystaan.

Wasiirka ayaa sheegay in Maraykanka iyo Djibouti iska kaashanayaan, Istaatiijiyad cusub oo looga hortago khatarta argagixisada qaarada Africa, gaaraaah, Kooxda Al-shabaab.

Sarkaal ka tirsan Taliska Ciidanka Maraykanka ee Africa (AFRICOM), ayaa sheegay in ay laban labayaan tababarka ciidamada Djibouti.

Xafiiska Wararka Booramnews.

galbeedi   

As I said long time ago everyone is training their military for Somalia. From Sierra Leone to Djibouti, they all training for Somalia deployment.

If the issue is to enhance Somali security and military capabilities, why not take 1200 Somali soldiers to Djibouti and train them for six months, then send back to Somalia.

Well, the foreign worker program for Somalia continues. I hope the Ebola infested west Africa stay away for another six moths or a year until these epidemic is eradicated. If it enters Somalia, God help us.

What is the use in training 1200 Djibouti troops when we could use that money to recruit Somali soldiers from SOMALIA?

I don't understand why this isn't happening?

Somalia has plenty of capable men who can fight. Why not just arm them and train them instead?

Unless we have an assertive President who will stick his finger in the face of the Europeans and Americans and demand a homegrown military solution to Somalia's conflict, than we will continue to be subjugated by foreign powers!

Somaliland is doing fine because they have homegrown soldiers from Somaliland, who are securing their country.

There are no foreign mercenaries in Somaliland.

Why can't Somalia's President insist and demand that he doesn't want foreign mercenaries on his soil, and that the Europeans and Americans fund a home-grown Somali National Army.

Saalax   

The thing is South Somalia soldiers can't be trusted, they will fight each other

as a different factions like what is happening in Lower Shabelle, Mogadishu and

other regions. So I don't blame others for taking advantage of them.

YoniZ   

How many Somali soldiers are trained in Uganda and Djibouti by the EU till today? Where are they now? What number is left from these trainees returning back to Somalia?

I understand the point of Djibouti to get military training and advanced gear from US same as the darlings of this mission Uganda.

US started long time ago the training/financing what it sees the future Somali security forces. If you want to know about them, look no further than PIS, RRU and Gaashaan.