Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Kenyan actress Lupita Nyong'o finally admits she is dating K'naan, makes an insensitive statement about war zones

Admin   

lupito-dating-somali
Photos: Courtesy of Mario Testino/Vogue
During an appearance on Ellen back in February, Lupita Nyong'o denied the rumours that she was dating fellow Oscar-winner Jared Leto. For those who wanted to know who Nyong'o wasdating rather than who she was not dating, this clarification was only partially helpful. Yes, one suspect was eliminated, but there remain hundreds of millions of eligible men on the planet, any one of which could, in theory, be a Nyong'o suitor.In the new issue of Vogue, Nyong'o is much more helpful: the 31-year-old 12 Years Slave starreveals that she is dating K'naan, the Somali-born rapper best known for his single "Wavin' Flag", the official anthem of the 2010 World Cup. According to Vogue writer Hamish Bowles, the pair are a natural match due their mutual interest in "the myriad issues confronting their homelands."lupita-1Elsewhere in Vogue's profile, Nyong'o reveals some of film and stage projects that she currently has her eyes set on.In addition to starring in Star Wars: Episode VII and lending her voice to an animated reboot ofThe Jungle Book, Nyong'o hopes to star in stage productions of Danai Gurira's Eclipsed (about the Liberian civil war) and The Convert (about the introduction of Christianity to southern Africa) as well as a film adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s novel Americanah. “The book blew me away,” she says of Adichie's novel, which tells the story of a young Nigerian woman who moves to America in order to attend university. “This was a project I wanted to work on, and I pursued it with all my being. It’s an unabashedly romantic book, really inspiring and uplifting. I found myself in her pages.”lupita-2Nyong'o, who once played the role of Juliet at the age of 14 in her native Kenya and went on to reprise the role at Yale, is also eager to star in a Shakespearean production. “I thought I’d had my fill at Yale, but . . . oh, boy, I guess there’s nothing like the Bard!” she says. “I absolutely adore Twelfth Night.”All of these projects would have been unthinkable just one year ago. But after her performance in 12 Years a Slave and the constant trips down the red carpet that that performance led to, Nyong'o now has the clout to make them happen.Regarding her multiple red carpet appearances during last year's awards season, Nyong'o has mixed feelings. “Everyone said, ‘Brace yourself, Lupita! Keep a granola bar in that clutch of yours!’” she remembers. “I didn’t really understand what they meant, and it was only once it was past that I realized that my body had been holding on by a thread to get through this very intense experience. Nothing can prepare you for awards season. The red carpet feels like a war zone, except you cannot fly or fight; you just have to stand there and take it.” After realizing that the preceding sentence could be read as insensitive to people who live in actual war zones, Nyong'o quickly backtracks. “I hope they don’t make that the big quote! Because that would be sad! Tell them not to do that!”For more of Lupita's gorgeous spread, hit up Vogue.com or pick up the issue, hitting newsstands June 30.http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_101256/lupita-nyongo-confirms-she-is-dating-knaan-reveals-dream-projects-in-new-vogue/film/

http://www.somaliaonline.com/kenyan-actress-lupita-nyongo-finally-admits-she-is-dating-knaan-makes-an-insensitive-statement-about-war-zones/

their illegitimate, half bred baby will be like an extra from the Black Hawk Down movie - dark skinned, gaunt and devilish with bantu features.

with celebs naming their babies with stranger than fiction sort of names, i wonder what they'll call the little HAG half bred?