Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Is Puntland an independent state Cabdi cawar opening a consulate in Yemen.

Is this not a violation of the constitution the pirates were telling others about how abide the constitution but how can a regional state have its own consulate in a Foreign country.

^^

I am not familiar with the Somali Constitution but I don't think it violates it. There is a difference between a Consular and Ambassador. The Ambassador represents his country and engages in political matters, while a Consular is represents his country in commercial affairs and probabably other non political interests of his State.

A Consular has nothing to do with the Federal politics, Military and or anything which is under the jurisdiction of the Federal State.

Many provinces in Canada open consulates in foreign countries to promote trade, Alberta and Saskatchewan for oil, Ontario for manufacturing ...etc .

I don't understand what makes Somalia especial, while it is normal in other cases. Anyway the president's authority doesn't extened beyond Villa Somalia.

Dr_Osman   

Xaji Puntland is a regional player, it has neighbours it isn't on some island, what affects our neighbours affects us. I think Puntland should go and pursue outside east africa and middle east because our profile is established here. We need to seek stronger ties with America where we have a substanial diaspora presence possible other countries include malaysia, zambia, oman, dubai, kenya, turkey where there is interests for both govts be it health, education, economical, diaspora, security, or oher sectors that bind our interests.

There will be alot more consulates opening up in Puntland and other countries, this is just the beginning because consulates are non political related and Puntland doesn't live on some island it needs official communication lines with other countries to assist its population if their seeking visas, hospital trips, diaspora channels, investment and education matters.

Whats your problem Xunjuf are the 300k terrorists mad that abdiweli gave a speech to african presidents while your ministers were seated as guests just like reporters were? or is it something more deeper that Puntland is overshadowing you and you have now basically been limited to galmudug profile? so are you mad or jealous I cant tell sometimes

Detoore osman Somalilanders dont value Bantu leaders who gather in addis ababa every year and agree on nothing but to meet again why Should we consider adressing them as very important, only pirates find that important.