Sign in to follow this  
SomaliaRising

My brothers from snm.

Saxib Somalis like any community as they enter another country start off in low paying jobs but as the generations integrate economically and linguistically they will achieve in time.

Some Somalis I know in London are millionaires, investors, media politics.

We landers have councilors in Bristol, Cardiff, Sheffield and London.

We dominate in politics, sports, culture and business.

But it is true you get waste people who are also drug dealers and jail birds.

And what people look down upon is not Somalis but Somalia this god forsaken country of hell in Africa.

More reason to leave the union.

We are better off

Cidan, saaxib....just to let you know. The people in America and Europe don't give a damn about the difference between "Somaliland" and "Somalia". To them you're all just Somalis.

The same way they don't give a damn about the difference between Syrian Arabs and Iraqi Arabs and Kuwaiti Arabs. They're all the same in their eyes.

You really have no control over how people view you. If they decided to hate on you, then it's just a part of life. Just live and let live.

Hawdian   

^ Whats that to do with the subject I think people are debating about one and suddenly changing to something totally different . Inthis way the thread contintues ...... Forever lets keep it simple folks stay in the same subject.

<cite>
said:</cite>

^ Whats that to do with the subject I think people are debating about one and suddenly changing to something totally different . Inthis way the thread contintues ...... Forever lets keep it simple folks stay in the same subject.

Sorry about that. LOL Yeah that was a total topic-changer. :D

Doctor i dont really think people care what Europeans or Americans might think, people do not put to much weight on the opinions of other Foreigners, its all about the survival of the fittest. Somalis in general have never valued the opinion of others specially non Somali groups only when it concerns how it can advance their interest. For example Somalis will deal the Europeans ask for AID and support but thats where it ends but just so that they can advance their own interest regional country sub region. If you tell a Somali the European thinks we are the same, he will tell you so what does that mean my people should submit to your tribe so what what the Europeans think. Somalis never respected international law and borders not that long ago they declared war on Ethiopia and Kenya in the name of ethno nationalism. Do you think Somalis will value the opinion of the Europeans after the demise of the Somali state.

Yeah Xaaji I totally agree. Except for a few exceptions, Somalis by and large don't give a damn what others think about them. Even the ones who live in foreign countries couldn't care less about what their foreign hosts think of them. We're Somalis and we're a very self-absorbed people.

Most Somalis I know couldn't be bothered to even make friends with an Ajnaabi. We're that self-absorbed. Most Somalis I know, especially those in their 30's and above, don't have a SINGLE ajnabi friend. And I mean real friend, not someone you say "hi" to at the masjid or workplace.

I agreed with you the whole time. I just was pointing out to CidanSultan that concerning yourself about what others think of you is futile and a waste of time. People will think whatever they want. If Cidan wants to separate, then he should do it for himself and his land. He shouldn't propose separation just to impress some Europeans or other foreigners.