Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Puntland Population 2.4 Million

Dr_Osman   

Well Finally got some population stats on Puntland. It's roughly 2.4 million. It was 2.1 million back in 2010 so in 4 years it would grow. Somaliland population is about right, 1 million and I always knew this after I saw the election votes 500k votes counted. This is a scholary article using spatial technique and doing comparisons with known populations of kenyan districts and working out the relatively accurate estimates of somali towns. Interestingly their is high density across all puntland settlement, the state is well populated across the whole region.

What I would've of loved is to see south central divided and populations provided for jubbaland, HAG areas and RRA folks.

Anyways you can read more here on this spatial population and this aint done by ngos influenced by somalis, this is a scholary thesis done by a non somali using a valid population techniques.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1476-072X-9-45.pdf

Dr_Osman   

Funny thing is there is this idea abdillahi yusuf folks r the bigfest sub clan in puntland but from what i can see on the map, the heaviest population areas is me reer boqor. But there is a known rule in puntland that we the reer boqor give the blessings on who gets to become president, rumour is gaas was told anaga ku difacayno run against farole, because his wife is reer boqor and i heard in every wasarad we got high positions on top of our respective ministries. I realized our strength when we single handledly fought all puntland, we mightve lost but we fought all of them says alot

Dr_Osman   

burah huuhaagi iyo beenti ayaa soo yaratay. The only thing, I want to know is Northeast is it including sool or sanaag? whenever they use the term northeast, it's usually just Galkayo to Bosaso. If that is true, which I highly think so, that would mean I am twice the size of waqoyi all tribes. What I really want to know is how the 5 million for the south is divided looks like all the HAG regins are solid green and populated, which is scary. Looks like our jaale gedo boys r langaabs, but i think all somalis knew deep down and just give them credit for no reason.

Study say Mogadishu and Hargeisa are the two biggest city, I'll settle for third for now which is still respectable position considering where bosaso in 91. I wish also to see how much less Bosaso is to hargeisa, they dont give population on towns.

Dalmar1   

Subhanallah all the HAG area are hugely over populated inna lillahi was in ilahi rajicun!

I bet you any money that HAG will have a tremendous population despite the war and the famine they faced!

Dr_Osman   

Basically 3 million in the North and 5 million in South, the most heavily settled areas is Mogadishu, Hargeisa, followed by shabelle and jubba rivers. Who wants to break up the 5 million based on that information from the data sets in the journal.

I would say HAG population is around 3 million,1 million for RRA, 1 million for Sahal. Ya illa aqbalo? I think it would be something like that, there is no question that HAG is the biggest clan in the south they have the most gobols hiran,galgadud,banadir,shabellaha dhexe, but what really boosts their number is mogadishu. But what also makes it complicating in the south is their is such a mix of clan, so you would never really know the clan percentage of the city unlike more homogenous areas such as Puntland, where u know its just them or ddsi area.

I will be searching for south figures not just estimates but population techniques, data sets, population software used, etc. The south issue needs to be settled as far as i am concerned once and for all

Dr_Osman   

I never thought khatumo and makhir are that big, I really wish to know if they were counted as NE or NW, i highly suspect they were counted as NW beecuz i've never seen them designated as NE zone in any studies ive read. If they are in the NW that will also have a major blow for our snm brothers since the harti zone is solid green.

What I find amazing is galkayo to garowe stretch is empty, i understand garowe all somalis know about garowe, but galkayo, thats strange considering it's our second largest city. I am quite disppointed and gedo is shocking no wonder they need hag always.

As far as the snm is concerned looks like their major population is HY and HA looks like what the snm been saying about HJ tends to be true lol. If the sool and sanaag areas are counted as somaliland, then that will help boost our population, by how much, im not certain but from the map they look solid green and there is 500k known population for somaliland from the votes counted so we got another 500k to play with which of course needs to be shared with awdal. But a fair amount would be 350k for khatumo and makhir combined and 150k for awdal considering harti live in way more settlements then just one gobol like awdal, they have 2 states, all their zones are green while awdal has huge yellows of emptiness, This also can explain the need why awdal,ssc,makhir always unite against snm cuz the number becomes even then and with snm location in the middle they sit in between awdal,khatumo,makhir hence their enemy is in manageable units and they can deal with each one at a time which explains snm domination in the north. If awdal,ssc,sanaag launched multiple simulatenous attacks on the snm, i think they could overwhelm them.

As for Puntland with a 2.4 population in addition 350k from ssc is close to 3 million. The real decider will be in jubbayoinka forget gedo those sick langaabs, but it was noted in the study the biggest density area is hamar,hargeisa,jubba river,shabelle. So we live in jubba river the question is how much. This is the battleground but in our favour is HAG never overan the south so their must be a formidble challenge in numbers from sahal there, they attacked kismayo multiple times but lost untill they had a gedo agent barre hirale. They wouldn't need agents if a formidable force wasn't there. So don't go running with the 5 million in the south and think it must be all HAG becuz if it is, then they would've captured all the south without the south being a stalemate, keep that in mind untill i get to the bottom of the numbers in the south.

Dr_Osman   

Ok i've found out who is NW and who is NE, this comes with good news and bad news, first the good news, NE doesnt include makhir or khatumo, so the snm boys will need to share that 1 million which will reduce their number significantly.

But there is bad news also for us we need to share our number with galmudug becuz they defined as north east zone, but lets be real, those boys in galmudug are minority in mudug. 3 out of the 5 district is majority puntland and their weakness there is evident, so they won't dent our number much, i would say they are no more then 80k and im being very generous, were still well over 2 million

below is the map

map

Dr_Osman   

Wallahi if we included those two silly degmo hobyo and haradheere, our land and sea is smack bang 60% somalia's land and its sea, only two degmos short, lets do it gaas

Dr_Osman   

I wanna get in the ring with xunjuf. Only 4 degmos arent mine in the noth east galdogob,hobyo,harardheere,waciye(nit really a district) sonits really 3. You have ever lose 3 gobols of the north awdal,sool,sanaag. you see where i am going? i am like 95% in north east, u r 40% at best consideing your missing 3 gobols, im missing 3 degmos. I am clear majority, you are not.

By the way u cant refute this, the amount techñiques applied, resources used, software applied is insane. Fear numerical power of the macivity macherten, to think at one time xunjuf used to compare us to HA shows his lunancy, u cant even compare us to all waqoyi were twice the size, 6 times your clan size. Ma yara dadka macherten horay loogu mahmahay, been kuma gabyan ama mahmahan somalida