Sign in to follow this  
Dustin

Seeking Somalilanders for Paid Study

Dustin   

A research study for the Department of Geography at California State University Fullerton (CSUF) is currently seeking Somalilanders (those who live in Somaliland) to be interviewed briefly for 20-30 minutes via Skype. The purpose of this research study is to gather first-hand information on life in Somaliland and how Somalilanders identify themselves ethnically and nationally for a master's thesis paper being written.

Interviewees will be compensated in the amount of $50 USD following successful participation. Compensation will be sent via Paypal or Western Union, though other methods can be arranged.

Requirements for interview subjects:

- Be 18 years of age or older.

- Able to conduct an interview lasting up to 30 minutes via Skype.

- Currently residing in or have previously resided in the region known as Somaliland (Somalilander expats living abroad are eligible to participate).

- Fluent in speaking and understanding English.

Participation will be kept confidential and responses will be retained for use in educational purposes only.

If you are interested in participating, please send an e-mail to somalilandstudy@gmail.com

Safferz   

What are the ethics of paying people for a research study of this kind? Your university's ethics committee approved that?

Dustin   

Hi Safferz,

Yes, this project was approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) at California State University Fullerton on November 21, 2013. Unfortunately, previous attempts at recruiting participants remained difficult; therefore, the compensation has been established in hopes of recruiting more participants. I hope that answers your questions.

Dustin

Dustin,

i'm interested in being paid $50. i'll also get you 10 more people if you want. anything for the SL Republic. this is a national duty. in fact, keep your money and i'll get you about 12 participants for free.

let's speak via the PMs. you needn't justify yourself to the Somalilandiidist folks who frequent this site. they'll go out of their way to deny the existence of the Republic.

lantu wa muqadis. wana wax jira. ama diida ama dilaaca.

Dustin!

Alpha is actually an imposter, he is recognized as Ethiopian Rae meat eater.

Therefore, I am the legitimate representative of Somaliland. I have a friend who just got back 2 weeks ago. Let me know if your interested.

Holac   

Dustin, are you still looking for Somalilanders? There is a large Somaliland community here in Virginia and they're well connected to Somaliland. If you didn't find anyone, I can connect you.