Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Puntland moves forward.

What the heck is the newly elected speaker of Parliament doing taking photo-ops with the executive branch?

Does he not know we need an independent legislature! Sometimes it baffles the mind why such men who assume the Speakership role fail to see the vital importance of the separation of power where the powers of one branch are not in conflict with the powers associated with the other branches. Instead of taking pictures with the appointed Ministers, it would be more appropriate that the Speaker should be busy organizing the members of parliament into different committees that will each oversee these new ministers.

I will consider the new government of Puntland a failure the first instance I see that it is business as usual in the parliament of Puntland and that it becomes nothing but a rubber stamp for President Gaas.

I also expect President Gaas to quickly help establish an independent judiciary.

This is how I will judge the success or failure of this administration.

Mooge   

Tillamook, i see you point niyoow, but you should understand this picture was take right after the cabinet was sworn. they just came out of the building and took the picture.

but i got your point. we need to have a healthy system to keep these guys on their toes.

what I don't understand is the new Ministers haven't yet been presented before the MP's for approval but some of them already took over their respective ministries (Ali Haji)isn't that it self a disrespect to the Speaker and MPs?

Mooge   

bergal and tilamok, this is not a big deal. there were technical delays for the approval but Abdiweli was trying to be responsible leader. he asked his guys to not create vacuum and take over critical service ministries and he did the right thing. i would rather see them take over and working rather than waiting for the parliament approve them for weeks.

no minute should be wasted. we have no time.