Sign in to follow this  
Aristotelese

A way to achieve the great Dream we all share

Tallaabo   

Aristotelese;991474 wrote:
I have already thought about that, but I don't think that somaliland or puntland wants to voluntary give up these regions. The black gold is too tempting for them. Also in general losing half of your territory isn't desirable to the somaliland government. If they had shared the power with these people in past it would have changed many things. A somaliland which is backed up by all of the inhabitants would be a hole different story.

Firstly, there is no proof of any "black gold" anywhere in Somaliland. At the moment it is all a guess work. Secondly, the troublesome eastern regions do not constitute half the country but even if they did, a smaller more united, more manageable, more peaceful and harmonious county is preferable to a larger more disunited and chaotic one. I would rather live in peaceful Ghana than a chaotic violent Congo. Size does not matter that much.

Tallaabo   

OdaySomali;991475 wrote:
And what happens if, hypothetically speaking, another region (of SL) wants independence?

They should get it too.

Tallaabo;991476 wrote:
Firstly, there is no proof of any "black gold" anywhere in Somaliland. At the moment it is all a guess work. Secondly, the troublesome eastern regions do not constitute half the country but even if they did, a smaller more united, more manageable, more peaceful and harmonious county is preferable to a larger more disunited and chaotic one. I would rather live in peaceful Ghana than a chaotic violent Congo. Size does not matter that much.

If somaliland holding a referendum and depending on how it ends, accepts the result would be the optimal solution for the somaliland problems. For no one should be forced even if I am for a joint solution with somalia.

Tallaabo;991477 wrote:
They should get it too.

Summary of this thread so far:

1. Passionate Aristotle vents about the reality of the Somali condition and demands that we think about the future.

2. Jaded SOL members tell him there is no hope because they enjoy bickering about the present.

Coming up: Aristotle realizes that Somalia is hopeless because [sOL] Somalis are Masochistic & pessimistic individuals who get off on their on delusions and self-pity.

There is hope Aristotle. There is hope. But if you want to keep it alive, stay away from SOL.

Very often the word Somali unity has become synonymous with treachery & self serving.Many people use when don't believe just to keep his adversary at bay.If you watch American congress debating,every one starts his speech with the word," frankly speaking",that it has become a joke in mainstream America,in sitcoms and Hollywood.Let the dice roll.

thefuturenow;991481 wrote:
Summary of this thread so far
:

1. Passionate Aristotle vents about the reality of the Somali condition and demands that we think about the future.

2. Jaded SOL members tell him there is no hope because they enjoy bickering about the present.

Coming up
: Aristotle realizes that Somalia is hopeless because [sOL] Somalis are Masochistic & pessimistic individuals who get off on their on delusions and self-pity.

There is hope Aristotle.
There is hope
. But if you want to keep it alive, stay away from SOL.

I

certainly hope we do it, but it does not look like the political situation in Somalia meets my wishes. I'll definitely keep working on my dream . But when it really comes to somalia breaking down into individual parts, I will support that if it really brings stability, peace and justice in the country.

Aristotelese brother, don't listen to these pessimistic naysayers. We have no choice but to change our country and our people because we have no other country and no other people. And I do not believe that The Great Dream is impossible at all. It will take a lot of hard work, dedication and skill but Inshallah if hardworking, intelligent and like-minded young Somalis come together they can transform the country.

As for the situation on the ground, I choose to see the cup as half full rather than half empty. The reality is that half of the country is relatively peace and stable and has been for a long time. We can only move forwards. We must only move forwards. I do not think that the political differences are insurmountable, but there needs to be a thoroughly thought out strategy of how these differences might be ironed out. I have been to our homeland and I have seen what the people want and what they are hungry for - its not politicians and divisive politics, its not foreign interests and foreign troops and nor is it war and chaos. What Somali people are genuinly yearning for is peace, development, education, economic opportunities and a better quality of life for themselves, their children, their parents and their families. And it is our responsibility and duty as Somalis to work for the betterment and advancement of our people and our country.

We must change the mentality and attitude of our people and cudurka qabyaaladda should, can and will be resolved. Qabiil is meaningless. A person did not choose the family she or he was born into. Nor did another choose the family she or he was born into. It was all pure chance. So to discriminate, differentiate or persecute a fellow Somali, a fellow muslim and a fellow human being - who just like everyone else is trying to get by and is searching for his piece of bread and his cup of water in this world - is illogical, destructive and pointless to the extent possible. A person may not have chosne the family in which she or he was born, but she or he can choose the manner in which to behave and conduct him or herself. And, all people should treat others in the respectful, dignified and pleasant way that they would like to be treated, they would like their mother and father to be treated and their wife and children to be treated.

We have no other country. We have no other people. We must re-assert our independence and reclaim our dignity, lest we cease to exist as a country and as a people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But brother Aristotelese, know that you and I, and many other Somalis around the world who are yearning, striving and working hard for the betterment of their people and their country are not alone. There are many other Somalis out there who have rejected the status quo - who have said no to war, no to anarchy, no to famine and no to division. There are many other Somalis who want development, education, peace and enjoyment for their people. Inshallah we will be successful. And we must be successful because there is no future in living in the past, no joy in despair, no happiness in misery, no peace in war, no dignity in disgrace, no honour in shame, no enjoyment in suffering, no order in anarchy, no wealth in destitution and no success in failure. Dagaal wiil iyo gabar kuma dhashaan, ee way ku dhintaan uun. We have been the animal-county of the world for far too long. We must put that reality in the dustbin of history.

We are Somalis. Somalis of the Somali Republic. The Somali Repiblic of the Somali Peninsula. And we are known the world as such. We have no other country. We have no other people. We must re-assert our independence and reclaim our dignity, lest we cease to exist as a country and as a people.

Somali u diida ceeb

Naftiina u diida cay

Dhulkeena dabeecadiisa

Micnaha daadku dhex qaado

Labada wabi ee dureera

Dalaga ciida u wanaagsan

Abuurka ku daadi weeyoo

Kheyraadka ka doono weeyee

Siduu geelu hawd u daaqoo

Lo'duna u dinaahiyeyso

Markad dan yarteena eegto

Siday diiftu ugu taalo

Labadu is dab00li waayo

Dunidu way nagula yaabtey!!!

Dadyow ku dadaala nabad

Somali u diida ceeb

Naftiina u diida cay

Dhulkeena dabeecadiisa

Dabaysha iyo cimiladiisa

Badweynta dhahane ku deyran

Kaluunka daabalanaaya

Dubaaxdu siday u taalo

Siday macdantu u daniigto

Siduu arigu u dareero

Ugaadhaa is daawaneysa

Markad is dilkeene eegto

Dalkeena xasuuqidiisa

Labadu is dab00li waayo!!!

Dunidu way nagula yaabtey!!!

Dadyow ku dadaala nabad

Somali u diida ceeb

Naftiina u diida cay

Apophis;991642 wrote:
You forgot to add that they also don't need interference and meddling by qurbojogs who wish to enforce alien ideologies and "solutions" to problems they know less than nothing about.

Let these people solve their problems in their own way.

Despite all we have been through, I think that the Nation's greatest threat is qurbojoog ideology. These ideas adopted from extremist liberals are a death knell to the restoration of what Somalis can recognize as Somalia.

Tallaabo   

OdaySomali;991627 wrote:
We are Somalis. Somalis of the Somali Republic. The Somali Repiblic of the Somali Peninsula. And we are known the world as such. We
have
no other country. We
have
no other people. We
must
re-assert our independence and reclaim our dignity,
lest
we cease to exist as a country and as a people.

You make no sense here. You seem to be stuck in the past, almost time-frozen. You are sounding like someone peaching that the people of Russia and Latvia are still citizens of the erstwhile USSR when if fact those nations have been on completely different trajectories in the past 22 years. Brother OS, you and others like you are far from being the solution to the problems of Koonfuria, you are the problem itself. Instead of wasting your time trying to find solutions to a problem which existed in another country which belonged to another era and now sits firmly in the trash heap of history, try to be a little more pragmatic about the current realities on the ground. It would be wiser if you start with the

aggressions of the HAG against the peace loving people of Lower Shabeele.

After I have been following the comments here I am assuming that some here and many somalis everywhere have given up. Of course, the situation in Somalia is little hope, but negativ thinking will certainly not change anything about it. Then yes if everyone thinks like some of you somalia will never recover. That's why we need people who can think beyond the boundaries and some of them will bring the change we are hoping for.

Tallaabo;991673 wrote:
You make no sense here. You seem to be stuck in the past, almost time-frozen. You are sounding like someone peaching that the people of Russia and Latvia are still citizens of the erstwhile USSR when if fact those nations have been on completely different trajectories in the past 22 years. Brother OS, you and others like you are far from being the solution to the problems of Koonfuria, you are the problem itself. Instead of wasting your time trying to find solutions to a problem which existed in another country which belonged to another era and now sits firmly in the trash heap of history, try to be a little more pragmatic about the current realities on the ground. It would be wiser if you start with the

aggressions of the HAG against the peace loving people of Lower Shabeele.

lol ileen anakaa wax aragnay.