Sign in to follow this  
Kaluun

Mogadishu: Ugaali, Kebab and Niiko

Kaluun   

Upon arrival, one will be asked: "Sir do you want kebab, Ugaali (also known as AMISOM) or Niiko (also known as gabadh).

In Mogadishu, they have a digital counter that counts the number of kebabs and niiko that collide but no one counts the number of Ugaalis and Niiko. According to the official Maandho (Mogadishu's version of Rolex) counter, the number of kebabs meeting and endorsing niiko stands at: 2 (stay tuned for update)

Number of Ugaali and niiko: Unknown. I wonder why?? hmmm I blame the camouflage uniform (Maandho can't detect them).

In short, the media in Mogadishu loves dearly when Kebab turns otherwise forgotten niiko into a Cinderella story; kinder like Mogadishu itself but......when its Ugali's special day even the paid photographer (Ugali Shilling) doesn't show up saying 'wewe al shabab kidnapped me';

Uno

IMG_129C14-635D4D-BB6126-126990-BD6849-A

Due

1459943_642877739096887_1896023328_n.jpg

Note: Is it me or do they make one wedding dress in the great land of the Kebab?

Kaluun   

Xaaji,

That's true but inter-racial marriage is not the issue. The issue is why does Mogadishu count Turks marrying some maskiin girl in Mogadishu but ignore the larger mix between them and AMISOM troopers.

It won't be long before we get the third Turk edition.