Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Suicide

Khayr   

Saff,

Photojournalism is self serving

and does not need a discussion to

prove that. The proof is in the pictures. As for the Pultizer Prize winner, he has secured his trip

to جهنم.

I agree with Apo on this point and many other points. If you have have good health and sanity and more than one pair of clothes, then you are blessed.

Don't validate shaytanic thoughts and whispers. Depression is a normal emotional

state ل ةحزن اِن اللهُ معنَ, but suicidal thoughts are satanic and lead to a dark and downward spiral.

Safferz   

Khayr;989648 wrote:

I agree with Apo on this point and many other points. If you have have good health and sanity and more than one pair of clothes, then you are blessed.

Don't validate shaytanic thoughts and whispers. Depression is a normal emotional

state ل ةحزن اِن اللهُ معنَ, but suicidal thoughts are satanic and lead to a dark and downward spiral.

Like I said, any point Apo may have had was lost in his crude and insensitive wording and his decision to attack Guje, rather than express sympathy and suggest a different perspective on the world. Depression is NOT a normal emotional state, occasional sadness is part of a healthy range of emotions, but chronic depression is a mental illness that requires intervention. And I absolutely will validate someone's feelings, hear them out and suggest they get the help they need if they are depressed and/or suicidal.

Wadani   

Safferz;989651 wrote:
Like I said, any point Apo may have had was lost in his crude and insensitive wording and his decision to attack Guje, rather than express sympathy and suggest a different perspective on the world. Depression is NOT a normal emotional state, occasional sadness is part of a healthy range of emotions, but chronic depression is a mental illness that requires intervention. And I absolutely will validate someone's feelings, hear them out and suggest they get the help they need if they are depressed and/or suicidal.

+10000

Khayr   

You are the Yang. The mercy that is needed and Apo is the Ying with his unapologetic truthful comments. Both sides are needed

for balance.

Safferz   

Khayr;989653 wrote:
You are the Yang. The mercy that is needed and Apo is the Ying with his unapologetic truthful comments. Both sides are needed for balance.

There are different and more constructive ways of being "unapologetic and truthful," and Apo's way of doing it is unnecessary and cruel, perhaps even triggering for an individual who is considering self-harm. It just serves no purpose. What you and Apo don't seem to understand is that depression isn't something you can simply snap out of with a harsh talking to, it's a real mental condition that requires treatment, understanding and support.

Khayr   

Saff,

I agree with you on the support part. We all need postive reinforcement and plenty of encouragement to be more and do more.

OdaySomali;989642 wrote:
Have you looked into Bipolar disorder? what you are describing sounds similar...

Amiin to your duca.

Aamiin. I am familiar with Bipolar disorder. But what I described can more aptly be termed as the Human Condition. Some of us take solace in describing our momentary discomforts as diseases. And, of course, some industries make money off our inability to face our day to day problems.

Here, have a zoloft.

The solution, I believe, is perspective, perseverance and patience.

Safferz;989654 wrote:
There are different and more constructive ways of being "unapologetic and truthful," and Apo's way of doing it is unnecessary and cruel, perhaps even triggering for an individual who is considering self-harm. It just serves no purpose. What you and Apo don't seem to understand is that depression isn't something you can simply snap out of with a harsh talking to, it's a real mental condition that requires treatment, understanding and support.

lol You're soft. Your genes are not going to survive. :D

Safferz   

thefuturenow;989670 wrote:
lol You're soft. Your genes are not going to survive.
:D

But being kind to people is a survival mechanism too and ensures my likeability and safety in the pack dee, I'm sure someone would have taken Apo out a long time ago in a prehistoric/caveman era :P

Guje   

Apophis;989590 wrote:
He was Afrikaans, what did you expect.

No he wasn't, kevin carter was an anglo south africa.

Guje;989685 wrote:
No he wasn't, kevin carter was an anglo south africa.

[/b]

What's with these severe forms of generalizations on SOL. Maybe he just hasn't met many people in life. Also, I thought clan talk was not allowed on SOL, or is it just a technical rule that doesn't allow for the official names of clans to be used. Anyways why can't we just disagree respectfully makes the conversation that much better......

Guje   

guleed_ali;989706 wrote:
What's with these severe forms of generalizations on SOL. Maybe he just hasn't met many people in life. Also, I thought clan talk was not allowed on SOL, or is it just a technical rule that doesn't allow for the official names of clans to be used. Anyways why can't we just disagree respectfully makes the conversation that much better......

i don't care Guleed, facts are facts however harsh they may seem.