Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland signs 60 million aid package with Britain and Denmark SL development fund launched

Wiil Cusub;988159 wrote:
Gar maqaate hold on do some search and understanding before you reply. Dhagayso waxa ay saancadalaha noo yimid uu sheegayo iyo sababta ay lacagta u bixinayaan.

Brother Aid is Aid and begging and relying on hand outs is undignified. I am not having a go at Somaliland per se, what I am saying is that we should all strive to be self-sufficient.

Wiil Cusub;988162 wrote:
I don't see two beggars. I see one loser beggar and one who is doing his own responsibility with his own development plan (NPD) with or without international community. I see recognition on way

Sxb enough with the hot rhetoric and bravados. 97 per cent of Somaliland's budget last year was apparently spent on 'reoccurring' costs, mere, 8 million was set aside for development and that disappeared within the first six months. So please spare me the nonsense kiddo!

Hawdian   

@all -Ruunti waxa fcn marka siyasada laga hadlo inuu qofkasta si dagan oo ceey ku,jiriin uu hadlo kii jacaly Somaliland ada ku tahy kii jacaly Somaliya ada kuu tahy laakin nidaam ha la ilalo . Wa iga talo uun. Sol waa democratic ee aflaga badn naga daaya oo raay,giina ku egadaa. Waad mahadsantiin .

Gar_maqaate;988165 wrote:
Sxb enough with hot rhetoric and bravados. 97 per cent of Somaliland's budget last year was apparently spent on 'reoccurring' costs, mere, 8 million was set aside for development and that disappeared within the first six months. So please spare me the nonsense kiddo!

Garmaqaate how come you never keep the books of the Koonfurians very strange

galbeedi   

If Somaliland does some thing good , they will be commended, like holding elections and improving local security, but it will never reach it's potential if people like Buurahadeer keep repeating the party line and denying facts on the ground. It is the interest of everyone including Somaliland to enhance local wealth generation. I went to Somaliland in 2011 and almost every sector of the government that is functioning or has some activity is involved by international NGOs's. From the health care to welfare: education, and agriculture:, police equipment,courts and justice. Almost all government miniseries are coupled with UNDP and others. There are over 119 NGo's in Hargeisa alone. Aid from World Bank, European Union, Britain, Denmark,Sweden, Gulf Arabs and many others were over 100 million Dollars for the last two years. I haven't seen them build 10 km road, Hospital or essential service like water wells for outlying districts.When people say Somaliland does not get aid from outside it is a lie. , .

galbeedi   

To be fair Mogadishu based government received hundred of Millions. During Sheekh Shariif's reign they from 130 million dollars they got to revive the state, they spent only $50,000 dollars for social services. This was during the famine of 2011. Can you imagine people were starving to death and they spent $13 million dollars for the office of the president alone.Indeed those guys broke the record one it comes looting the public purse. The good thing is at least we are debating misdeeds,For most Somalis government is a tool to enrich and control the public discourse. from Somaliland,to Puntland and Mogadishu one thing is for sure: there is a bag of money sitting right their at palace to be dispensed at will.They do not need to go through Government ministries to legitimize their expenses.We are a long way from being accountable.

Xaaji Xunjuf;988176 wrote:
:D
:D

I can't remember the exact year but it was either last year or the year before. The Somali parliamentarians asked for the 'misaaniyad' and the finance minister appeared before them and said the budget for the coming year is 60 million (muqdisho port makes more than that). Needless to say, the parliament was not having it and after much commotions and customary shouting and pushing, the minister went back to books and mysteriously discovered 30 million laying about. You would be happy to know Somaliland's budget for that same year was 130 million more apparently more than the motherland.

Hawdian   

The funds pledged today was money which will improve roads,water systems and many other things this fund will be handled direcltly by Gov of Somaliland and its because of this trust and cooperation between UK /DK and the Somaliland gov which makes this all happen. For sure as the ambassadors said on the clip it's Somaliland Gov which had show to be a reliable and trust worthy to be given this support lets all hope other Countries in the World are encouraged by the hard work of this Somaliland Goverment where every penny given to the GoV is accounted for . This is good news to friends of the republic of Somaliland .

Galbeedi you seems that you have allot information about the area which we are talking about. Yes we can't deny that Somaliland get aid from IC but what new is that SL first time gets direct help. What is also new is, that SL said we have NPD and we know better than you what/where we need the most.

Hawdian   

Galbeed - This is an old debate but Republic of Somaliland and Somaliya can not be compared due to the two very different ways they haven taken since 1991 when it comes to politics , peace , democracy , institutions building and many other issues . they must be looked at individually as they are both dealing with own internal issues . And ofcourse the international community knows aswell and supports the two nations separately as showing today .

Kaluun   

Warya Hawdian,

Gormad shaatiga iga xaday ninyo? I see SL pirates in Erigavo :)

As for the deal, it's good for Somaliland but we need the Fund to be handled by our own people otherwise we going to feel like drug users on welfare whose money has to be managed by "non-drug using agents".

galbeedi   

Direct aid must encouraged, At the same time the result must be seen on the ground. If Somaliland is becoming transparent on it's finances and spending the money on the projects intended I welcome it. Also direct aid from Britain and others was there before . let me give you an example the government of Kuwait paid $10 million last year for Airport development, U.A Emirate gave this year $19 million for road development, The European Union in 2011 gave $ 28 million for water improvement, yet we see money been raised from the diaspora to build the Ceerigaabo-Burco road, the Borama-Dila road which is 18 miles is being built by the people. Not one single Hospital is built by the state in any major City. so where is this money going. During Dahir Rayaale presidency in 2005 almost $17 million was granted to built bridges and roads. Other than few improvements in the Berbera- Hargeisa road the rest gone . let us see if this direct aid is felt by the people of Somaliland for the next few years. Hawdian I am not comparing the two, Somaliland has a done a lot especially in terms of law and order, institution building and democracy, but this are millions that must be felt by the people. Remember we send $200 dollars for family of ten and it feeds them well.