Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Mouhanad Khorchide ''God Is Not A Dictator''

Apophis, look what I found. A prominent Muslim scholar, the epitome of Islamic intellectualism. Perhaps, Safferz can now have a "halal drink" with us, as comrades that share the same perspective, eh. :D

Manji.jpg

Safferz   

Khadafi;983375 wrote:
Safferz, I fully get you here, read and then comment. That sounds very logical and I have to admit I myself had that mentality until a wise person once said to me,. Our eyes and ears are the doors to the heart and soul, so take good care of them. For an example, Ayaan Hirsi published a couple of years ago a book. I saw that it was for sale in a book-shop. I wanted to buy the book and read the book but I then asked myself, Why would I want to give my hard earned money for a book written by woman that I really dislike for her opinion. I simply bought another book.

PS: By the way I do not know who Khaled Abou Fadel is, My anology with Ayaan Hirsi might not be correct but I think you get the message Safferz.

I actually had to read Ayaan Hirsi's "Infidel" as an undergraduate when it first came out, and I hated it and told the professor exactly why I did. He was so impressed by my critique that he removed the book from the syllabus from the course and never taught it again. That's why it's important to read and formulate your own opinions and critiques on texts and ideas whether you agree with them or not, anything else is willful ignorance.

Apophis;983377 wrote:
In other words, one must think and do like you have been taught by the whites to qualify as an “intellectual"? You are quick to pretend your method is different but it's exactly the same as those you disagree with. You agree with the author because his views fit with yours, and khayr disagrees with him because it doesn't fit with his world view. Stop pretending it's anything else or that your method is “intellectual".

Again, you project positions that were never said because you're a lazy debater. I actually enjoy disagreement and debate, with intelligent people who share the same point of reference ie. the text we've both read, because it pushes me to think in different ways and refine my arguments. Khayr doesn't "disagree" with Khorchide or Abou El Fadl, because he hasn't read them and is unfamiliar with their thinking. He's simply refusing to read and engage with other people's ideas. Disagreement and agreement with a perspective requires that engagement.

Safferz   

Apophis;983385 wrote:
More Ad hominems from SOL's only intelligent “intellectual".

PS: you have shown no ability change your mind about anything; you have done nothing but reinforce views which sit comfortable with you. How ironic.

You may also want to look up "ad hominem" and "irony" so you can use them correctly next time :)

Hawdian   

Classified;983381 wrote:
Apophis, look what I found. A prominent Muslim scholar, the epitome of Islamic intellectualism. Perhaps,
Safferz
can now have a "halal drink" with us, as comrades that share the same perspective, eh.
:D

Manji.jpg

. LOL:cool: did you say a halal drink she is probably a beeral drinker the beer lite in the Arab world

Hawdian;983389 wrote:
. LOL:cool: did you say a halal drink she is probably a beeral drinker the beer lite in the Arab world

Lol, yes. The so-called "Reformers" or "Intellectuals" Safferz strongly advocates for believe that earlier Muslim scholars interpreted the drinking of Alcohol and that it's up for "debates", thus it can be re-interpreted. Alcohol is halal for the "Free Thinkers".

As Safferz said,

Safferz;983382 wrote:
I actually enjoy disagreement and debate, with intelligent people who share the same point of reference ie. the text we've both read, because
it pushes me to think in different ways
and refine my arguments.

Khayr   

Apophis;983377 wrote:
In other words, one must think and do like you have been taught by the whites to qualify as an “intellectual"? You are quick to pretend your method is different but it's exactly the same as those you disagree with. You agree with the author because his views fit with yours, and khayr disagrees with him because it doesn't fit with his world view. Stop pretending it's anything else or that your method is “intellectual".

It is called dishonesty. Most people are dishonest about their biases and real worldviews.

It is disingenuous on her part and others to selectively quote authors that are in-line with her views.

By the way, to attain tenure at any University - as a professor, you have to echo the views of that University.

There is no way come high waters, that any professor (include Prof. Douchebag) would go against their employer.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I clicked and read the link that Ibti provided.

As for Abou El Fadl, he is known for his anti-islamic and pro-butt kissing views.

I need not spend any time exposed to their diatribes.

Apophis;983390 wrote:
Perhaps. But there's money and titles to be earned first by attacking Islam. It's the latest quick rich scheme for the hypocrates.

Lol. Nowadays, for Somali women, FGM and attacking Islam or their Culture has become their latest quick rich scheme. They'll get a couple of grants from public and private funds. Send back home to do a short documentary. Get a book deal. Get some air-time on National news. Come back to the Foreign nation you call home and create an "Out-reach" program for "your" community and milk the system. They deserve a Mark Twain award for their humor. lol

yet another predictable thread. so much for anti-intellectualism. we all know how it will end.

someone starts a seemingly 'controversial' topic. then someone else disagrees. then a long pseudo-intellectual discussion ensues. then Apo makes a dismissive one line sentence. then saffz reacts to a reactionary statements by writing lots of opinions dressed up as facts. then some bearded akhi get's a halal erection from her calaf doon solicitations in the form ''look at me, i'm ever so clever you'll never see me watching dishes with a burqa on oo kale'' . then his friend makes an attempt in woowing Saffz. then Classified makes his bid for Saffz...usually in the form of egging any male who challenges Saffz's sensationalist claims, while at the same time unable to conceal being love-struck with this xalimo feminista. then wadani joins in the action because he's a sand-dweller. by now Saffz is loving the attention she's receiving from from all persuasions. the bidders are all united in domesticating the untamed Saffz. then Tallabo makes a seemingly funny comment. Haatu, who's also desperately keen to join the action, make his bid (not for Saffz) but to impress folks with his niche in writing abstract Af-Soomali adverbs. then some random akhi with less than 100 posts makes some valid points....no-one cares because the folks debating are anti-intellectual.

somewhere on page 4, Saffz quits the discussion because her strong academic paradigm is impenetrable......while at the same time soliciting further courtship. then Alpha comes in and say something silly and Saffz is impressed. :P

............the discussion still continues with more heated exchanges bordering on ignorance of the ethno-chauvinistic sort....

somewhere on page 14, one of the older dumar elders of SOL, who's at the autumn of product shelf-live, much like the thread, makes ambiguous statements eluding to support Saffz because ''we're clearly emancipated womenfolks'' while at the same time remitting cougar like attention-deficit traits or in other words ''i'm still here ee give me some of the attention''......Classified disagrees with this because his feeble intellectuality is predicated on anti-Saffz-ism.

cala kuli xaal.....Saffz is Classified. Classified is Saffz.

2 days later another seemingly 'controversial topic' is posted and it's start again. :P

Alpha Blondy;983399 wrote:
yet another predictable thread. so much for anti-intellectualism. we all know how it will end.

someone starts a seemingly 'controversial' topic. then someone else disagrees. then a long pseudo-intellectual discussion ensues. then Apo makes a dismissive one line sentence. then saffz reacts to a reactionary statements by writing lots of opinions dressed up as facts. then some bearded akhi get's a halal erection from her calaf doon solicitations in the form
''look at me, i'm ever so clever you'll never see me watching dishes with a burqa on oo kale''
. then his friend makes an attempt in woowing Saffz. then Classified makes his bid for Saffz...usually in the form of egging any male who challenges Saffz's sensationalist claims, while at the same time unable to conceal being love-struck with this xalimo feminista. then wadani joins in the action because he's a sand-dweller. then Tallabo makes a seemingly funny comment. Haatu, who's also desperately keen to join the action, make his bid (not for Saffz) but to impress folks with his niche in writing abstract Af-Soomali adverbs. then some random akhi with less than 100 posts makes some valid points....no cares because the folks debating are anti-intellectual.

somewhere on page 4, Saffz quits the discussion because her strong academic paradigm is impenetrable......while at the same time soliciting further courtship. then Alpha comes in and say something silly and Saffz is impressed.
:P

............the discussion still continues with further heated exchanges bordering on ignorance of the ethno-chauvinistic sort....

somewhere on page 14, one of the older dumar elders of SOL, who's at the autumn of product shelf-live, much like the thread, makes ambiguous statements eluding to support Saffz because
''we're clearly emancipated womenfolks''
while at the same time remitting cougar like attention-deficit traits or in other words
''i'm still here ee give me some of the attention''
......Classified disagrees with this because his feeble intellectuality is predicated on anti-Saffz-ism.

cala kuli xaal.....Saffz is Classified. Classified is Saffz.

2 days later another seemingly 'controversial topic' is posted and it's start again.
:P

LMAO!!!!! I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading your post. This guy/girl is a comedian!

Classified;983402 wrote:
LMAO!!!!! I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading your post. This guy/girl is a comedian!

you destroyed Saffz in that infamous ''xalimo and indhoyar marriage'' thread, abti. caadi matid.

you're deliberately confusing my biological chromosomes because you're a script, maha? i've posted my facial pics on this forum...... think twice before confusing Al with an ex-East German Olympic female swimmer. :D

Alpha Blondy;983404 wrote:
you destroyed Saffz in that infamous ''xalimo and indhoyar marriage'' thread, abti. caadi matid.

you're deliberately confusing my biological chromosomes because you're a script, maha? i've posted my facial pics on this forum...... think twice before confusing Al with an ex-East German Olympic female swimmer.
:D

Just wanted to see your reaction. :D

There is a reggae singer named Alpha Blondy.

Khayr;983403 wrote:
Alpha, as always a troller. You said some funny things and now we must tuck kevin hart away to bed...

by the way..... i forgot your name but you and Dr.Kenny are the ones who get halal erections...... at the sight of a calaf diid xalimo with ''i'm going to store my eggs in a fridge'' postulation and other such delusional tirades ee sida uula soco. ;)

LOL@kevin hart.

the guy is not funny, abti.

Safferz   

Classified;983393 wrote:
Lol, yes. The so-called "Reformers" or "Intellectuals"
Safferz
strongly advocates for believe that earlier Muslim scholars interpreted the drinking of Alcohol and that it's up for "debates", thus it can be re-interpreted. Alcohol is halal for the "Free Thinkers".

As
Safferz
said,

Sources, citations, provide concrete examples and evidence to back up your nonsense.

And again, what have you read from Khourchide and Abou El Fadl? Critique their work and deconstruct their arguments here for us, since you take issue with their work. Pinpoint what you take issue with in their writing, or you have nothing to say.

Khayr;983394 wrote:
By the way, to attain tenure at any University - as a professor, you have to echo the views of that University.

There is no way come high waters, that any professor (include Prof. Douchebag) would go against their employer.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I clicked and read the link that Ibti provided.

As for Abou El Fadl, he is known for his anti-islamic and pro-butt kissing views.

I need not spend any time exposed to their diatribes.

You obviously have no idea how universities or the tenure system work. What are "the views" of the University of Munster (Khourchide) and UCLA (Abou El Fadl), the two institutions that have granted these two tenure?

Neither of you have anything substantive or intelligent to contribute here, just baseless assumptions and ridicule, which shows how small your minds actually are.