Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

First Somali made helicopter from scratch

Saalax-- When ethnic based tax evolved to wealth based tax, the Somalilanders stopped campaigning to pay higher taxes than the natives.. They only campaigning for higher tax when such a difference was financially insignificant-only met to classify groups. And no they were far from being on bar with the Asians and Arabs. One of the major setbacks to this Somaliland movement for higher status was a lack of financial resources sxb..

Hawdian this is in strict relation to the subject as this is the historical legacy of Saalax distorted and colonized mind

Saalax   

Well Hawdian you have to understand southerners love to drift from the topic, since they are not

inventors and their home towns are guarded by foreigners in 2013. So in their situation the best

way is to try and drift from the topic. ;)

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;981970 wrote:
And do you realize the Somalilanders inability to productively cooperate with the dar0d given tribal animosity has delayed achieving asiatic status for decades until it was useless and had no benefits, not to metion economically unsound. Plus, when post WW2 Somali nationalism emerged which was more ambitious and sought complete liberation rather than 'elevated status' under a colonial administration, it was unsupported by a faction of the somalilanders (the faction you would probably belong to), remnants of the "asiatic" status campaigners. Instead they continued in their miniscule pursuits under their tribal banner

In defense of my reer abtiyaal (my own grandfather was a clerk for the colonial administration), you can't blame Somalis in British East Africa for manipulating the racial hierarchy imposed by the British in order to make better lives for themselves. It has nothing to do with self-hate, but about doing what they could to access the legal, political, social and economic privileges afforded to those not classified as "natives" in the colonial racial order. And the Somalis of British Somaliland were also instrumental in the Somali nationalist movement(s) for independence, while southern Somalia was given the 1960 date for independence by the United Nations, British Somaliland had no guarantee of independence. Pan-Somali nationalist activity combined with the reality of a decolonizing Africa gave the British no other choice.

As much as 1960 is being rewritten today by modern Somalilander political discourse, the independence and unification of all the Somalilands was something popularly supported by those in the North. My uncle was part of the delegation from Hargeisa who went to Xamar that day -- their grievances against the central government only emerged later.

^ bs

somaliphilosopher;981970 wrote:
and do you realize the somalilanders inability to productively cooperate with the dar0d given tribal animosity has delayed achieving asiatic status for decades until it was useless and had no benefits, not to metion economically unsound. Plus, when post ww2 somali nationalism emerged which was more ambitious and sought complete liberation rather than 'elevated status' under a colonial administration, it was unsupported by a faction of the somalilanders (the faction you would probably belong to), remnants of the "asiatic" status campaigners. Instead they continued in their miniscule pursuits under their tribal banner

bs.

Safferz;982004 wrote:
In defense of my reer abtiyaal (my own grandfather was a clerk for the colonial administration), you can't blame Somalis in British East Africa for manipulating the racial hierarchy imposed by the British in order to make better lives for themselves. It has nothing to do with self-hate, but about doing what they could to access the legal, political, social and economic privileges afforded to those not classified as "natives" in the colonial racial order. And the Somalis of British Somaliland were also instrumental in the Somali nationalist movement(s) for independence, while southern Somalia was given the 1960 date for independence by the United Nations, British Somaliland had no guarantee of independence. Pan-Somali nationalist activity combined with the reality of a decolonizing Africa gave the British no other choice.

As much as 1960 is being rewritten today by modern Somalilander political discourse, the independence and unification of all the Somalilands was something popularly supported by those in the North. My uncle was part of the delegation from Hargeisa who went to Xamar that day -- their grievances against the central government only emerged later.

I am not making accusations of self-hate. In this pursuit of making 'better' lives for themselves a narrative of Somalilanders having arab origins, whether true or not, was fueled and driven by the Somalilanders especially by the diaspora residing in Kenya. The utilization of such narrative encompassed feelings of elitism and scorn towards other Somalis. In fact leaders of this campaign vigorously avoided the term “Somali” and rather coined names such as “Sharif Is@q Arab”... Yes British Somaliland was essential in the pursuit of independence, but do note that two camps coincided- the Somaliland nationalist consisting mainly of the younger generation, and the older generation who were headstrong and consumed by this narrative… The latter were less concerned with national independence and more concerned with the status of their locality. All I am saying is this has nevertheless left a legacy on the mentality of the northerners, whether this campaign was a political tool or a sincere belief. consequently you find both Wadani and Salaax roaming SOL

SPooow,

i've reported your Dar0d and Is@q BS ee sida uula soco. you little duufle. :mad:

Admin,

please take note of this little jaajus and his breach of the SOL Golden Rule.....remember no qabil names are allowed, adigo mudan. :)

Rahima;981946 wrote:
I'm still amazed at how he managed to convince himself that the construction of a helicopter in SL is evidence of the supposed low IQ of southerners. I think he just shot himself in the foot with that one.

What's more he subconsciously accepted others are superior to him that's if technological advancement is the benchmark for higher IQ. Even sadder is his boasting in regards to the colonial foot soldiers.

Tallaabo. Your homeboy keep on redefining things, first who is Southerners and now Puntlanders, it is indeed sad.