Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

The End of Xiinfaniin's Peace Caravan

Hawdian   

Cadale;981771 wrote:
it's the truth, you maryooleys are only pointing your fingers at it eachother all time, so don't expect any change in somalia.Don't expect real progress in somalia without a proper reconcilliation between the maryooleys.

1+

Hawdian   

xiin to save your peace caravan may i take this oppurtunity to the somali mens private club. its a place where madax raag meets to solve the many issues facing us .

Ibtisam   

I was thinking the other day to dig up an old thread about Xiin's peace caravan and some predictions I disagreed with at the time- which Xiin passionately rejected and if I remember correctly called me young and naive about the true divisions of Somalis and how easily it can be overcome. Welcome to the bitter and depressing reality brother. :Cool:

xiinfaniin;981637 wrote:
This week I have forced my self to contribute to this beloved forum of Somalia Online. For months it was clear to me that I was coming down with a peculiar cynicism regarding the prospect of secure, peaceful, and united Somalia. I have greatly struggled to reject the feeling. But the pretense of hopefulness only exacerbated my internal conflict. My thrill and excitement for a permanent break from the depressing Somali situation has finally gone. I suspect my age played a role in reaching such a conclusion. After all, I just turned 40 ---an age that is indicative of maturity. Even God spoke men only when they reach this age.................

Xiin, Xiin, Xiin!

All of this 'baroor' simply because the Jubba play didn't turn out the way you had envisioned. Ahmed Madobe threw Ina Abdirashid(former PM) and Gen. Darwiish under the bus when his objectives were reached in crowning himself Governor of Kismayo. He proceeded to cut the most favorable deal for his own personal interests with Hassan Sheikh's government in order to cement his position in Kismayo.

All along, you underestimated the 'diplomatic support' the West provided and continues to provide to the Mogadishu regime. You were forewarned many times on these same Boards, but overcome with hubris, you refused to take heed.

You were also forewarned about your unrealistic eupohoria regarding the Turkish entry into Somali politics, yet forever on the lookout for the next Messiah, you continued with glowing posts about the Turkish knight in shining armor. You refused to analyze the limits to both Turkish power in the Horn as well as the Turkish comprehension of the region's challenges.

A more effective approach, rather than hanging up the gloves and losing all hope as you post in this tear-jerking surrender, would be to recalibrate your analytical tools and review the Somali situation from its key power and interest configurations.

As you've learned (from reading your mea culpa), past tendencies of dressing up wishful 'tolka' talking points in fancy sounding editorials has only provided you with 'dashed hopes and broken dreams'.

Insha'Allah, Kheyr.......

Oodweyne   

Xiinfaniin,

It’s been a while since I had the pleasure of crossing sword with you. And in all those times, in which I have had the chance to cross words with you, I have never felt that you lack any intelligence to argue your case (whatever it may be). Or for that matter, I never found you lacking the ability to skin any passing argument to its bone.

But on the contrary, there was always a sense with you whereby one gets the impression that you have deep inability to put aside your “political persuasion”; or at the very least, can’t easily separate your “open bias” from the “truth” of the argument that is staring right in front of you.

And, in that sense your latest write-up that is in here, is essentially a belated attempt on your part to realise that politically speaking the “show” of Somalia is essentially what the folks of south Somalia may consider it ought to be. Particularly, in-terms of what the ultimate “political goal” of that much-ravaged country ought to be about.

And in that sense, what this means, is that where Somalia is concern, one can say that what the “Pashtun of Somalia” (otherwise known as the “Looters Incorporated” of Somalia) decide the destiny of former Italian Somalia should be about, will in all probability be the what the world and the “powers-that-be” will sanction for Somalia to look like, at the end of the day.

And the reason is that the without the “Pashtun of Somalia” (just like their counterpart in Afghanistan) accepting wholeheartedly that Somalia, as a political state, should exist without any terrorists safe-havens – or empty space – being found in her territory, then the international community will forever be force to “baby-sit” the troubles of Somalia.

Hence, to the “powers-that-be” that is the international community, what the folks of “pirate-land” and their elites have to say about the direction of Hassan Sheikh’s government is extremely irrelevant.

And that is particularly the case, since at the end of the day, it’s Mr Hassan Sheikh’s folks (i.e., the “Pashtun of Somalia”) who will determine whether the world as a whole will have a peace of mind as well as saved limps and lives, from the innate barbarity (in the form of Al-Shabaab), in which the “Pashtun of Somalia” are liable to visit the world with.

This is the crucial point in which the elites of Pirate-land never seemed to get grips with. And therefore, it’s all the more the pity, since it ought to have been obvious to them, long time ago, that the International community only cares, where Somalia is concern, as to who “amongst us” as Somalis, could do the “most harm” to them.

This means, as Mintid have already alluded to, the whole policy of engagement with Somalia and with Somalis is essentially that of “paying off” those Somalis who could do the most damage to them. Particularly, in the hope that such a “ransom-giving” will in turn stabilized the place and that in turn will allow the world not to have to put up with the endless “barbarity” in which some Somalis are liable to treat others with.

All in all; this is “political essence” of Somalia, and as well as why we matters to others. Hence everything else is the details of that larger argument.

As for your alleged “Peace Caravan”, to me it was always a “too-clever-by-half-subterfuge”. For I knew you didn’t believe a word of it. But merely you saw to it as a “ruse” to bamboozle others with, particularly in the hope that the “elites of Pirate-land” can use it to have their cake and eating it at the expense of others, while all along screaming a “melodious spleen” about the “goodness” of “Somaliweyn”. Hence, it’s tragically sad to notice that you - of all people - thought that others should of have fallen for your cheap trick in the first place.

And finally, what that means is that Somalia is (as it has always been) a place where the “Zero-Sum-Game” of politics gets to be practice on a daily basis. And in that context the “political cards” are with the “Pashtun of Somalia” at this point in time. For they “serve” the interests of the “Powers-that-be” at this moment.

This means, you (i.e., the “Elites of Pirate-land”) are outside of that charm-circle of “mattering” politically, where others are concern. And therefore, it’s the case that any of your self-serving argument about how Hassan Sheikh has betrayed some such “lofty principle” will be considered as a “Loser’s whine”.

And it will be thought of as such, by not only the folks who call the shot in Somalia (i.e., “Pashtun of Somalia”); but, most crucially of all, the folks that matter to Somalia, namely the “powers-that-be” that is the international community, will also see the arguments of the “Elites of Pirate-land” as something that is no more dignified than a beaten kid "screaming for attention", after his “lunch money” have been had by others in a fair fight.

looool@Pashtun of Somalia

Lammaanihii reer-waqooyi have arrived :D

Oodweyne awoowe soo dhawow, it has been awhile. It has been a well established fact that you and Mintid (Macno Yare of SOL) have a deep rooted problem with Puntland :D. Your two posts are clear testimony for that.

You both missed the point of my post.

Oodweyne   

^^Xiinfaniin,.. :D :D

Saaxiib, waan dhawahey, oo meel fog majirin. Hase-ahaatee, aduun iyo xoogeysi ayaan ku maqnaa ayaamahan. As for the gist of my argument, it could be said, that I do, succinctly, understand the whole cloth in which you seemed to have weaved your argument from it. And furthermore as I have gingerly pointed out, without wishing to disrobe what is left of your flimsy argument, I do know the genesis of your “Peace Caravan”.

For, it was designed to bamboozle some “not-too-bright-folks” into thinking that there is a genuine” core-of-substance” behind your daily sonorous lamentation about Somaliweyn and how good it is, other than a “racket” or a “ruse” to which to user it in-order to fleece others of their political pocket-money. In other words, your “Peace Caravan” was from the get-go a way in which to disarm “others” (i.e., the “Pashtun of Somalia”) so that, in a “nicely-does-it-way”, you could wiggle your way to the top post of power in Somalia.

Hence, the songs and dance, in which you have invariably detained us with in all these years (at least ever since late Col. Yey was kicked to the kerb from the power of Somalia), was always a cheap theatre intended to “polished” your patriotic credentials before the “gaze” of others.

All in all, I do know what “game of fiction” you were chancing with that “peace Caravan” of yours. And, therefore, it’s ever more to be pitied that that the folks in whose their benefits you have staged that “cheap theatre” of “patriotic pretentions”, namely the said “Pashtun of Somalia” did not see fit to buy it from you. Since, by the looks of it, they seemed to have decided that the likes of our friend “Gabbal” and his “ever-politically-biddable ilk” are far more attune to their interest of ruling Somalia than you could ever be with your “crocodile tears” about Somali patriotism and whatnot.

Hence, it’s best to try this kind of “game” after 2016 election/selection and then see whether whoever replaces the said Hassan Sheikh as the top honcho of Italian’s Somalia is amenable to this “cheap theatrics” of yours; but, sadly this one in which you are currently eulogizing over with a “self-inducing-tears” is really a goner. :D :D

STOIC   

Odweeyne, it has rarely, if ever, been easy being a patriotic Somali for our friend.One only remains as adaptable and animated as long as one of his kin is holding the steering wheel. Let us wait for another round of heartfelt and poetically worded patriotic Caravan ( God-willingly) in few years. For now our friend has raised his hands up till the next episode.

Oodweyne   

^^^ :D :D

Stoic, Borther, as you are spot on here, one wonders whether our friend - Xiinfaniin - ever had a clue as to how "transparent" he was all along to others; particular his "song-and-dance" about Somaliweyn's fiction?

And most importantly, how others knew all along that his cheap theatrics of "pretended patriotism" was essentially a way in which he was selling himself to others; so that he can win the power of the nation with that sort of conceit.

In other words, where our friend, Xinnfaniin, is concern, one could say there is a "direct proportional relationship" between his cheap theatrics on one hand, to that of how lustily the elites of Pirate-land wants power badly on the other hand, at any given moment.

This means, if you ever see, our friend Xinfaniin, shedding a "copious tears" for the wonderful notion of "Somali patriotism" at any day of week, then you could take it to the bank, that precise day will be most likely the day in which the "elites of Pirate-land" are thinking how to "politically rob" others from whatever position they seemed to have at that moment with a dance-and-song-racket call "Somali Patriotism".. :D.

In other words, where our friend, Mr. Xiinfaniin and his ilk are concern, the more he laudy proclaims his "undying fealty" to Somali patriotism, the more prudent it's for one to check ever more quicker one's pocket; just so that one doesn't became a "passing victim" of the "self-serving-racket" our friend was chancing behind that "song-and-dance" of his.. :D :D

Oodweyne,

Unless you have been afflicted with Macno Yare's cuqdad for all things Puntland or the clans inhabiting Puntland, my post is clear in its presentation as to what the scope of my rethinking is.

As to the fate and future of Somali patriotism, it is fair to say Xiinfaniin's ilk have better Somali vision than your secessionist ilk and those you wrongly termed the Pashtun's of Somalia. But be that as it may, today's Somalia is headed towards federalism, which I think is a more realistic political framework than the stuff you and your USC friends are entertaining aka North-South confederation :D.

Unlike Macno Yare's insinuation, as far as that argument is concern, federalism is becoming a political reality in Somalia. The Jubbaland scenario materialized exactly the way we predicted. The opposition in Mogadishu is losing its thrill, Hassan Sheekh despite his resistance has come to the conclusion that the cost of resisting outweighs the benefit.

The Caravan got derailed not because Puntland or Jubbaland lost the political game (obviously they are winning it in way that is clear to all however selfish and regionally centered). Rather it got derailed because it had underestimated the depth of the political mistrust among Somali stakeholders.

N.O.R.F   

When there was anarchy and no hope, Xiin had hope. Now that there is some sort of stability, international support and a proper government (that has done ok considering the scale of the task), Xiin loses hope.

But why? :D

Oodka,

Glad to have woken you from your 'slumber' with that post ;)

I fear 2014 will bring even further 'baroor' from certain corners when it comes to the trajectory of things. Nonetheless, I've grown weary of bringing up 'old threads' to remind the obtuse of their previous forecasts/readings (as an indicator of how offline their current predictions are).