Sign in to follow this  
Allyourbase

Inspiring Art!

Apophis;974078 wrote:
Why should Western art be "inspiring" to anyone but its owners? What kind of pea brain inspired imperialistic thinking have you brought here? Utterly disgusting.

how about folks who love and watch premiership football, are they pea brained imperialistic inspired ??

Khayr   

Hobbesian_Brute;974079 wrote:
how about folks who love and watch premiership football, are they pea brained imperialistic inspired ??

How does profane art which is an extension of somone's hubris compare to a sports fan?

Where is the far fetched co-relation?

By the way, didn't you quit?

Khayr   

Naxar Nugaaleed;974084 wrote:
I wonder, if Apophis walks around inquiring about the hemispheric origins or the imperialist intentions of things he finds interesting or inspiring.

And I wonder if you even graduated high school?

Terrible sentence structure and rationalization are on your part.

Khayr;974082 wrote:
How does
profane art which is an extension of somone's hubris
compare to a sports fan?

Where is the far fetched co-relation?

By the way, didn't you quit?

Haye, are you a sociology major or trying to impress us sxb ?? explain the underlined part fadlan.

Khayr;974086 wrote:
And I wonder if you even graduated high school?

Terrible sentence structure and rationalization are on your part.

Look at this guy, lol, with his arguments about sentence structure! seriously? did i hurt your feelings somewhere else lol

Tallaabo   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;974144 wrote:
Acuudi bilaahi mina shaydaani rajiim.

serma.jpg

Ayat-al-kursi-in-circular-calligraphy-st

Beautiful calligraphy. But do we have Somali created calligraphy?

Haatu   

The Ron Muek ones aren't art, there that useless eye sores modern artists try to con people with. I remember there was this musuem once on the news with completely blank canvases on display, claiming it was "art".

Haatu;974877 wrote:
The Ron Muek ones aren't art, there that useless eye sores modern artists try to con people with. I remember there was this musuem once on the news with completely blank canvases on display, claiming it was "art".

.. or that lady who tried to pass off her unmade bed as art - tracey emin. modern art & architecture mostly garbage.

Haatu;974877 wrote:

Eyesores how exactly? I actually reject much of the artistically bankrupt garbage paraded around as modern 'conceptual' art, but I appreciate the simplicity and scale of Ron Mueck's work. His work is and technique I find quite pleasing and the fact you need not go through paragraphs explaining the work in order to understand it only adds to its appeal.

Hobbesian_Brute;974883 wrote:
.. or that lady who tried to pass off her unmade bed as art - tracey emin. modern art & architecture mostly garbage.

I remember going to see an exhibition of her drawings (I was young and foolish) only to be shocked to see what grownass men and women were marvelling at there, utter tragedy!

img_8558-476x635.jpg

Haatu   

^^^You've got to be kidding me. People pay to see that and call it art? My nephew can make something better LOOOOL :D :D