Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Should Somalia adopt an Islamic Judiciary System?

I seen nothing here worthy of responding to. If I respond to Hobbesian, then I'm only repeating myself. I already gave my rebuttal, backed with facts and logic....and if this Islamophobe doesn't want to accept it, then so be it.

There's no use in falling into the idiotic arguments posed by a man who registered on this forum solely to bash Islam. If he wanted to honestly research the truth, then he could have done so himself.

"Absolute garbage. If getting manumitted is as easy as you describe (which is a lie, we both know that) then why was it that the slaves did not benefit from this clause? Was it in the small print?"

I already gave you Quranic verses as well as Hadith's backing me up. If you choose to ignore it then so be it, but I cited my sources above and gave my rebuttals. If you want the evidences then look above. But I'm not gonna waste my time repeating myself on here.

I keep repeating myself because you don't answer yes or no to the question. i asked you a simple question, does Islam allow slavery ?. i said it does, you on other hand keeping dancing around the issue, telling us how the prophet ordered slaves be treated nicely and so on, but won't say nothing about its legality. who's being honest here.

It does permit slavery. But only under very specific and limited circumstances, and the "slaves" are nothing more than slaves in name, but not in practice. They are not to be abused, captured into slavery, and are to be freed when they request their freedom. Now end the discussion.

DoctorKenney;973656 wrote:
It does permit slavery
. But only under very specific and limited circumstances, and the "slaves" are nothing more than slaves in name, but not in practice. They are not to be abused, captured into slavery, and are to be freed when they request their freedom. Now end the discussion.

Thank you, this is all i wanted. i have nothing more to add to this debate now.

DoctorKenney;973656 wrote:
It does permit slavery. But only under very specific and limited circumstances, and the "slaves" are nothing more than slaves in name, but not in practice. They are not to be abused, captured into slavery, and are to be freed when they request their freedom. Now end the discussion.

You are either ignorant of Islam or just lying to save face. What you are referring to in Islam is called Mukataba which in no way obligates a slaver to free their slave upon request, it is up to them to decide whether they would want to. And even in the case they might be inclined to free the slaves, the slave has to pay their own bondage money, in essence purchasing themselves from the master, no better than putting the slave up in Souk el Nikhasa.

In Islamic law, a mukataba is a contract of manumission between a master and a slave according to which the slave is required to pay a certain sum of money during a specific time period in exchange for freedom. In the legal literature, slaves who enter this contract are known as mukatab. Although the owner did not have to comply with the request, it was considered mustahabb (praiseworthy) to do so.

According to Islamophiles, there is no contradiction between being a devout Muslim and being a slave master, would you accept that?

Khayr   

Yes and yes. So when shall we come by and put a steel collar on you.

I have plenty of hard labor for you to do.

Thanks for seeking out someone to make you a slave.

Miyir   

Khayr;973819 wrote:
Yes and yes. So when shall we come by and put a steel collar on you.

I have plenty of hard labor for you to do.

Thanks for seeking out someone to make you a slave.

I presume your somewhere outside Somalia where the majority is non Muslim? would you mind if they made you and your family, wife slaves in 2013? would you protest or accept if your owner sleeps with your sister,wife,mother and daughter as he wishes because his religion says so? sure he will clothe, house and feed you and play nice all time.

Somali says dad waa weyn hadal kaftan ayuu ku dhameeystaa, got the joke but answer sincerely the question!

Miyir;973821 wrote:
I presume your somewhere outside Somalia where the majority is non Muslim? would you mind if they made you and your family, wife slaves in 2013? would you protest or accept if your owner sleeps with your sister,wife,mother and daughter as he wishes because his religion says so? sure he will clothe, house and feed you and play nice all time.

Somali says dad waa weyn hadal kaftan ayuu ku dhameeystaa, got the joke but answer sincerely the question!

He is not dumb, he knows he has no legitimate answers. So he hides behind insults and character assassination. this is a tactic Islamists are notorious for and this particular foul character is no different.

And your point being? Would you like me to get crime rates from Norway, Japan or Switzerland?

How about graphs on poverty? equality? standards of living? charitable contributions and aid? How about Health and general practitioners per capita? Access to and quality of education?

I can go on..

Carafaat   

Nin-Yaaban;972535 wrote:
Maya. The U.S system is way more fair.

I was responding to the suggesting of adopting the US system. The numbers speak for themselves, its not a fair system neither does it lead to lower crimes nor real justice.