Abtigiis

African Teams in World Cup 2010

Abtigiis   

Ghana - already qualified

Algeria

Cameroun

Tunisia

Ivory Coast

It looks these are the teams who will be going to SA. I think it is a fair reflection of who is the best in Africa.

NGONGE   

Algeria are not there yet. They have to play Egypt still. If Egypt beat Zambia and then Algeria, Egypt will make it to SA.

ps

You missed the hosts themselves.

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, I don't state the obvious. That South Africa is the host and therefore will be part of it is obvious even to those with a passing knowledge of the game, like Xinnfanin, and latter-day football analysts, who are seasoned jara-ka-boodo and shax experts, like Nuune.

Here is the scenarios. Algeria has 10 points, Egypt 7. Algeria is playing Rwanada (in Algeirs or Annaba). They are most likely to win this game. That will put them at 13 points. Egypt will have to go to Lusaka and beat the Chipolopolo there. I don't count on it, knowing how Egyptians are poor on away games. But let me be generous. They win this and go to 10 points. This will bring the issue to the big match at Cairo between Algeria and Egypt. Algeria has a superior goal advantage of 2. And have beaten Egypt 3-1 already. So, Egypt will need to win 3-0. Aaa!Shamwari (my friend) as the Shona's say here in Zim, I think that is too too much to think about.

I agree with your breakdown Abraar, barring a miracle the Algerians will go through and deservedly so. They've got a very talented young squad( despite their lack of familiarity with each other) and perhaps the best home crowd in Africa. Regardless though, the final match in Cairo should make for very entertaining football, although I'm also of the opinion that the Zambians should be the favorites for the match in Lusaka. Both countries have a history of eliminating each other in WC qualifiers whether it was the Algerians providing the blow in 2001 or the infamous Algerian defeat in 1990 that coincided with a riot!

UZTAAD   

the Egyptians,the african brazil should quilify with out egypt the other african contenders will be little bit boring . Egypt plays the most beautiful football in africa. I think if Eqypt qualifies it can go as far as semi_finals

Originally posted by Daaradonle:

the Egyptians,the african brazil should quilify with out egypt the other african contenders will be little bit boring . Egypt plays the most beautiful football in africa. I think if Eqypt qualifies it can go as far as semi_finals

:rolleyes: You don't watch enough African football if you think a) the Egyptians play the only brand of entertaining football and b) that the rest of the teams are boring. Unless the Egyptians remedy their road qualifying problems I do not see why they should deserve to go through. The spot must be earned, not appointed and they have yet to do so. Also there's a big difference between the WC itself and the puffcake Confed. Cup, in which they failed to advance anyway.

Opviously, these clubs will make it to SA

Ghana

Egypt

Cameroon

Tunisia

Ivory Coast

+ SA, the hosting country.

Most of these African countries play sh!t and I don't think most of them will qualify to the 16 round.

SA, Ghana and probably Cameroon will make it to the 16th.

Abtigiis   

Wing Wizard,

Do you know the situation in the group Egypt is in? Egypt needs to beat Zambia in Lusaka and beat Algeria in Cairo by more than two goals. How likely is that? It can happen though!