Sign in to follow this  
GAROODI

Kacaan distortion of Somali history exposed: who were the Dervishes??

GAROODI   

The above is 1909 still as shown no actual las canod folk are part of the dervishes the mullah is trying to get them on board mean while:

"The various sections of the West burco were continually at each other's throats. Similarly, the South Hargaisa split into two main sections and carried on a desultory warfare with one another. The eastern Western burco came into frequent collision with the western sections of the tribe ; and the tribe as a whole attempted to recuperate its strength by a large and successful raid upon the Og (onlf) which culminated in an enquiry by a British officer in Abyssinian territory, as the result of which the Western burco were called upon to return a balance of no less than 1,330 camels to the Og (onlf)".

As might be expected, the coastal North hargaisa were an easy prey to the more virile tribes of the interior ,until, emboldened by adversity, they retaliated by waylaying and looting traders' caravans as they passed to and from the coast .In this holocaust, in which it is estimated that not less than one-third of the male population of Somaliland perished, there was no tribe that did not suffer either from internal schisms or from attacks by their neighbours. But the most pitiful lot of all fell to certain sections of the las canod folk. Ousted from their ancestral grazing grounds by the Mullah's advance and bereft of all their stock, the remnants wandered like veritable Ishmaelites in the Duriyada country, deprived of asylum and almost of access to the coast, owing to the inveterate hatred which the Duriyada harbour for the D block.” In the following month, Bohotle was occupied as a Dervish post. Thus were the Mullah's forces re-established in British territory. Their success had been gained by striking sudden and unexpected blows when the Las canod folk were scattered, and had been attended by the artistic mutilation of the vanquished and many unspeakable atrocities" ( same book clan names removed)

LOL who can believe your nonsense:

“The Gerad Ali Farah, the Sultan of the (las canod) made so bold as to send a message to the Consul-General to the effect that his old friendly relations with us remained unchanged although, owing to the
evil influence
of the Mullah, his orders were no longer obeyed by his tribe. For this act the Sultan was treacherously murdered by the Mullah's command ; and the bodies of the twelve principal sheikhs in the (las canod) country were seized.”

So this is a British guy writing, saying that their stooge Ali Farah was working to them but his tribe disobeyed them because of their loyalty to me. But obv. they won't say that, so they'll see they were scared or forced. Just like they did in Korea/Afghanistan/Iraq etc.

GAROODI   

Remember all these documents are British: they don't care about clan but only facts:

This is why they created the camel corps: according to the book

“The force marched south-east towards Ber, and, on the road, retreating tribesmen reported that the Dervishes in large numbers, under the command of Ow Yussuf bin Abdulla Hassan, the Mullah's brother, having raided and pillaged in all directions, were withdrawing the looted stock in the direction of Idoweina, thirty miles southeast of Burao, which they had made their rendezvous.the force was halted eleven miles northeast of Idoweina; and here fifteen men of the Constabulary, mounted on ponies, who had been sent on ahead, confirmed the news which had been received on the road. They had exchanged shots with the Dervishes whose strength they estimated at over 2,000 footmen all armed with rifles and 150 horsemen. At 8 p.m. the Constabulary moved slowly on again, and at 9 p.m. they halted for the night within four miles of Idoweina. A zariba was made, and the Constabulary were formed up in column of sections, with the Maxim gun mounted and ready for action on the left front and the camels in the centre. All military precautions were taken to guard against a night attack. From the enemy camp occasional shots were heard throughout the night, and the African sky, radiant with a myriad stars, was also aglow with the reflection of the Dervish camp-fires. The Constabulary were joined by some 300 Las canod folk who were anxious to recover their lost stock from the Dervishes; and some ammunition from the precious reserve was distributed to them. The immediate object was to prevent the Dervishes from driving off the stock they had looted from the las canod folk, and the ultimate object was to restore our damaged prestige. In both these objects we failed lamentably.

For the Dervishes got away with the stock*,Estimated at 5,000-6,000 camels and 20,000-30,000 sheep. The numbers were so large that the Dervishes had to send to the haroun for assistance to drive in their loot.”

GAROODI   

Mad_Mullah;968680 wrote:
LOL who can believe your nonsense:

So this is a British guy writing, saying that their stooge Ali Farah was working to them but his tribe disobeyed them because of their loyalty to me. But obv. they won't say that, so they'll see they were scared or forced. Just like they did in Korea/Afghanistan/Iraq etc.

Saxib these are not the words of idaja and aw Jamac the kacaan historians who made one clan look like superman even though they were the biggest victims of the dervishes. The kacaan historians fabricated history and the proof is there an will be published soon. These documents are British documents sourced by the British military who could not care less about anyone.

GAROODI   

So what you have now is the dervishes the Alshabab of Yester years. Raiding the las canod folk of there cattle and them joining the British to get their cattle back. You have the mad mullah trying to keep peace with the British at the same time trying to tell his own las canod folk to join him or else. At this stage the Landers are launching merciless raids on each other and naibouring tribes. The British is worried for the plight of las canod folk so they set up the camel corp to keep the peace ad get there cattle back of which they failed. The kacaan tought Somalia that Richard corfield was killed by the said for killing las canod folk while being assisted by landers. Now tell me who the liar is????

War it's Ramadan, don't act a clown. Even your own Landers don't believe the nonsense you post. Just because it's British you think it's the 100% truth? IF YOU DO BELIEVE THEM, THEN ALSO BELIEVE THIS!

61874_474879789218198_89957725_n.jpg

Miskeen Lander tribes tried to make themselves sound superior for their overlords. I guess it failed though? lol.

GAROODI   

A- According to the British archives there were only 2 commanders of the Dervish post Ilig Treaty 1905.

1- The commander of the southern Dervish Khaliifa Cabdulla Xasan, meaning anything outside of somaliland proper , places such as Iimey and Baladweyn.

2- The commander of the northern Dervish Ibraahim Xasan A.K.A Buqul (east burco) , meaning anything in the north both somaliland and Bari

B-Now beside the tob commanders there are fort commanders post 1911 when most forts were built , the commanders of these forts are as follows:

1- Taleex , by Aw Yuusuf Bare (Og onlf)

2- Midhisho , by Cabdi Warsame ( western burco)

3- Jiidali, by Nuur Xaash (las qorey)

4- Baladweyn , by Cagadhiig ( las canod folk)

Any where else during certain battles you would hear the commander was so and so , but only in that battle he shouldn't be regarded as a commander equal to those above. Those are the documented commanders non of these above are mentioned any where they were just normal Lascanod folk in the Dervish compiled by Aw Jaamac to give his clan some sort of an exagerated porpotion. only Mursal , Cagodhiig, and Shire canbool is mentioned in British archives . Following Aw Jaamaca's forumal including every ceeb and Hairy by going around asking old men who ever joined the Dervish at one time the list can reach few Thousands not 20 men, but Aw Jaamac only applied that formula for his sub-clan not the others.

But for the sake of facts one should stick only to the one who were mentioned in the British archives and intelligence papers. From the list above , Xaaji Firxad , Suudi, Mursal, Caamir Aw Yuusuf , Cabdi Dhere , Nuur Xaashi and Abshir Dhoore were mentioned, the rest were made famouse by the Kacaan in the 1970's.

Last but not least Xaaji Firxad was Hag not D block for that matter, and Xaaji Suudi was no commander he was one of the founders and number 2 in the movevment.

GAROODI   

Mad mullah what's your source care to share it with us so I can have a look myself: interested in learning how the kacan faked somali history for your lot. Who had no history to begin with. I'm statin British government accounts of what happened not how uncle aw Jamac and idaja told me. Hahah

You just said one of the fort commanders was OG, plus the Mullah himself was OG. lol.

People look at the leader, not the fighters. Salahudeen was Kurdish but most of his fighters were Arabs. But only the Kurds can claim him.

GAROODI   

The Dervish movement was created around 1899 in August after the Burco clan assembly , however the "Dariiqa" was formed around 1897 and it was joined by Las canod folk, East burco and West burco. the Dariiqa was of relgious construct it has no Jihaad ambition however the Mahdi's of the Sudan the "dervish" the real once were been crushed and news always reached the Somalis even in the bush. One should read the letters of J.Hayes-Sadler to the British foreign secretary or the secratary to the colonies, Sadler covers much of his letters total 45 of them to the intial creation of the movement, the movement of the tribes joining , the top men of the movement in 1900 and the first 2 battles of 1901 namey Afbakayle and Fardhidin, so we have 2 solid years of materials, no Las canod folk is mentioned its a period Aw Jaamac and Idaajaa hate to mention.

For example

1- His first letter (Berbera, April 12, 1899.) regards this new Mullah who never bothered the British at all and who regulary handed theifs and runaways to the British and coperated.

The tribes over whom this Mullah has more immediately conim

solidatecl his influence are: in the Lascanod country, the (tribe of sool) the

(Another tribe in sool), and the (another tribe in sool) other sections are

under his sway, and the powerful (another tribe in sool), against whom he

threatened to send an expedition, are now said to have sent him a deputation

of 300 horsemen. In the East burco country the East burco and the Yesaf have joined themselves to him, and possibly other

tribes in that vicinity. || In the West burco country, beyond espousing

the cause of Madar Hirsi, he failed to effect anything — they would have

none of him.

2- His second letter it was about a raid by the above "Dariiqa" clans , namely the East burco , Yeesif and Faarax Garaad against the Las canod folk who were not part of the Dariiqa and who raided Las canod foll clan of the Dariiqa:

Camp Sheikh, June 5, 1899. (June 27.)

(Extract.) || The position of affairs in the Las canod folk shows no

improvement, and the reports which reach me point to a further extension

of Mullah Abdullah's influence. || He is now on his way back from an

expedition against the (section of las canod folk) who lately raided the (another section of the las canod folk)

He is Said to have been well received by this tribe, who returned the

looted property and gave him a present of fifty horses. How far they

have otherwise come under his influence is not reported

3- In his third letter its about Suldaan Nuur's movement among the West burco , and its a long letter :

Hargaisa, July 16, 1899. (July 31.)

My Lord, In my dispatch of the 16th, I informed your Lordship of the state of affairs amongst the Hy tribe, and noted that I was awaiting an opportunity of ascertaining the attitude that would be assumed by Sultan Nur. This, I regret to say, is one of declared hostility. I waited for some time after he had returned to his country, and then sent him a civil letter, pointing out that he had not as yet come to visit me, as is usual when my camp is in his limits,and desiring him to come in, as there were several matters I wished to discuss with him. This was on the 27tt ultimo, and my camp was then at Bagan, in Hy territory. || No reply was sent to this letter; but on the instant the camel sowar who had conveyed it to Sultan Nur returned to my camp near Hargaisa without his camel, arms, and uniform, of which he reported he badly stripped by order of Sultan Nur. Consul-General Sadler's despatch to Lord Salisbury

4- In his fourth letter the movment accelarated and he said:

Sultan Nur hastily left eastwards, and is supposed to have repaired to Burao, whence he will probably rejoin the Mullah. The eastern sections of the HY are still with the Mullah, but the Position has so far improved that the westerly sections, whose attitude had before been doubtful, are now said to have definitely declared against Sultan Nur and the Mullah. At this point there is now every reason to believe this movement will now stop in its movement westwards,leaving the line of division as reported i n my previous despatch. Consul-General Sadler's despatch to Lord Salisbury

5- Sixth letter:

Berbera, September 14, 1899. (October 2.)

My Lord, On the instant information was received that the Mullah Muhammad Abdullah, had left Burao and occupied Odweina, in the western HY country. He is there coercing the western HY tribes who water at Odweina, Adadleh, and Syk, and who had declared themselves against him and Sultan Nur. He has seized some of their principal men and a considerable quantity of their livestock grazing in the Arori and Toyo Plains. | it is unfortunate that we could not get earlier information of the Mullah's Intention to move to Burao. I have before alluded to the secrecy which covers his proceedings, and to the difficulty of obtaining reliable Information from the Lascanod folk, It will be observed from late reports that I considered the movement was subsiding, and, although we were aware that Sultan Nur had sent several letters to the Mullah to assist him in coercing the western HY tribes, our Information was to the effect that all attempts to raise a force had failed. Such was certainly the opinion of Sheikh Mattar, of Hargaisa, whose means of obtaining information are probably unequalled in the Protectorate, and whose good faith there is no reason to question. He did not consider there was any probability of a move on the Mullah's part till next spring rains, when he thought that, if he found himself strong enough, he would then create trouble in the western part of the Protectorate, or move into the Og (onlf). This opinion was expressed the day I left Hargaisa on my return journey. There seems to have been an altercation, too, between the Mullah and Sultan Nur, the latter saying that he had not collected men and supplies at Burao, as the Mullah had moved earlier than he had expected.

Consul-General Sadler's despatch to Lord Salisbury

Thats how it began all of a sudden in April 1899 and tow years later on April 1901 when the war was about to beging , this what Salder ordered Swayn the commander of British forces in Somaliland to do if he came accross any of the founders and top men of the movement:

In the unlikely event of the:

1- Mullah offering to surrender, in his case and that of the Following:

2-Ahmed Warsame (known as Haji Sudi)

3-Deria Araale (Diiriye Caraale)

4-Deria Gure (Diiriye Guure) Only an unconditional surrender should be accepted, no gurantee of any kind as to future treatment being given.

5- Sultan Nuur (Suldaan Nuur Axmed Amaan) the late sultan of the Hy, may be

guranteed his life.

J. Hayes-Sadler, His Britannic Majesty's Consul-General, Somali Coast Protectorate. Aden April 11, 1901

Now where is the kacaaaan fantasy??????????????

Reference: Sadler to Salisbury-Correspondence Respecting the Rising of the Mullah Muhammed Abdullah in Somaliland, and Consequent Military Operations, 1899-1901.(published 1901) 88pp.

GAROODI   

Mad_Mullah;968690 wrote:
You just said one of the fort commanders was OG, plus the Mullah himself was OG. lol.

People look at the leader, not the fighters. Salahudeen was Kurdish but most of his fighters were Arabs. But only the Kurds can claim him.

Your mullah signed a treaty of protection with the Italians he wrote a letter of which you just ready sucking off the English top general. The top leadership other then the mullah were all landers and hag except a few fort commanders. Yet all you can say is og Saxib I don't give a sh);t about Og they use to live in south Hargaisa till my for fathers pushed them so far the British found them fishing with Oromo. In one of the British documents they forced my causins in western burco to give back to you thousands of camels we took ad in another it says you were take supplies from Abyssinia to feed yourself . Hahah anyways the kacan revisionist

GAROODI   

Now that we have established the creation of the movement and the clans that joined it in 1899 and the top leaders of the movement and we came to April 1900 during the first expedition let see were las canod folk were?, Now the first battle took place in Afbakayle a Las canod folk village certain las canod folk who assisted the Dervish in any manner were supposed to be punished and certain sub-clans of the Las canod folk were punished at this intial battel , all their herd was taken by the somaliland iiregular forces (tribal horsemen) the raides were led by Captain McNeill.

Xaaji Xunjuf;968696 wrote:
The oil is better of in Kenyan hands, Kenyans are much more civilized than Somalis had the oil be found in Somalia there would be another civil war in Somalia over resources. Atleast Kenans know how to share a country a state and its resources. Good for the Somali kenyans it will benefit them and the rest of Kenya ofcourse

War Ramadan is affecting you. Wrong thread saxib!