Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

The union of Somaliland and Somalia law

Carafaat   

Alpha Blondy;967822 wrote:
^ Tillamook,

why are you against these legal documents?

LAW No. 1. The Union of
Somaliland
and Somalia Law

:D

Alpha Blondy;967822 wrote:
^ Tillamook,

why are you against these legal documents?

And how did you infer that I am "against" these legal documents, o wise one?

P.S

Ma isku habar wacateen? :D

Tillamook;967841 wrote:
And how did you infer that I am "against" these legal documents, o wise one?

P.S

Ma isku habar wacateen?
:D

^ o great one,

you ought to STOP wasting your time on being anti-SL Republic.

inaar, weey dusheey bahashu and your efforts are futile ee isku xishood.

balse, haters gonna hate, ma garatay? :P

p.s - are you familiar with the term - ''xeer cisse''? LOL. ;D

^

O wise one, don't make me regret calling you wise in the first place.

You asked me why I was against that law, correct? I replied, how did you surmise that I was against that law?

I believe you haven't answered that question, but instead you jumped on a totally different bandwagon about me being anti-SL..

I wanna say, what the hell dude? Are you turning to some sort of mini-Xaaji Xunduf. He is usually the one who can't remain cogent during a discussion.

P.S

The last I checked, the dictates of Xeer Ciise didn't apply to the habro-- so you attempted use of the customs of a noble Somali people in here to come to the aid of the hapless Xaaji Habaar is indeed futile:D

Illyria   

How about we look past 1960, and study the history of the Somali people before 1840, when the European vagabonds come, saw, and conquered Somali territories?

How about we toss the colonial history and legacy, which you are so fond of, in the dustbins where it belongs, and have a genuine discussion about Somali territories, history and culture in the eyes of the Somalis? Or is that too inconvenient for your version of events?

How about we set aside the one-sided, home-grown historical spins and revisions only there to suit your desires, which ignores others' wishes? A classic case of the ugly cat calling the kettle black.

Think about that, O' not so wise one.

Xaaji Xunjuf;967799 wrote:
This is the most important point , something pseudo clan nationalists try to forget ,

Former Somali republic= Somaliland state Somalia state

Somalia state Somalia

What were these regions before 1840?

1. (a) The State of Somaliland and the State of Somalia do hereby unite and shall forever remain united in a new, independent, democratic, unitary republic the name whereof shall the SOMALI REPUBLIC.

Once we have done that, then we can talk about the 1960 union, its conditions and provisions thereof. till then, as you were.

They were loosely administrated tribal fiefdoms in both countries but if we go back few centuries ago Much of southern and central and even parts of the north east of Somalia was under A.Juran Kingdom and others were vassals. And in Somaliland much of the north was under Adal Empire including the Harar Emirate it also included much of Djibouti. So clearly they were historically very different, there was never a unified Somali republic only the short lived experiment from 1960 until 1991. Before 1896 there was no Somali state or Somali empire not during the colonial era and certainly not now. Not sure what your argument is

Illyria   

So much misinformation in these passages you just penned, but that does not interest me today.

Prior to 1840, there were no such thing as 'both countries'. there were no two countries. there was the land of Somalis - one inhabited related and connected tribes from one corner to the other, fully knowing who was who, who resided where, and from what well(s) each tribe went for its water rationing. The land was demarcated along nomad, clan, and pastoral lines, and still is with some adjustments. No different from the English shires before the Norman Conquest.

The idea is to get you acknowledge the land and the people have always been Somalis, and their history and culture did not begin with the colonisers. They were, and shall be.

We (Somalis) fought against colonial legacy, shed blood for the land, and refused colonial indoctrination. We cannot be proud of it, and it might be part of our dark history, but we refuse to use it as guiding light to shape our future, or principles to die by, or principal reference in political conversations. You, on the other hand, were on the opposite side of that history for a while, and are still adamant. is the argument clear now?

warsamaale;967897 wrote:
odaygaan xunduf maba noogo wallee, everyday waa the same topic, somaliland.

Wamaxay noogo?

Adeer adigu ma oromaad tahay oo afsomaliga ku dhibaya?

Illyria   

"Ma noogo" is a Somali word meaning "ma daalo". who made you the bloody guardian of the Somali language. mise kan tuuladiina lagaga hadlo uun baad afSomali u taqaan. war dadkaan yaa soo balleeyey?

Just 'cos you do not know or are not familiar with the word(s) does not mean it is not Somali.

Ma noogo halkee laga yidha hore umaan maqlin eh and i know allot about the Koonfurian dialects , Tuuladayda wa halka Sugaanta iyo hal abuurka Somali ay ka abuurantay, Somaligina swaxili fara badan ba ku jira marka laga yaaba inad sabixili kalmado badan ka so qadateen ama oromada siba ormada la yidha.

Illyria   

It is used in southern regions. It is not Swahili. it is not Oromo. moving along.

I am not interested in your 'tookh' and fictitious chauvinistic clan arrogance. Anything else of value to add to the topic?