Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A Dark Day for the Survival of Humanity

Che -Guevara;964642 wrote:
what history books are reading Naxar?

Nothing to do with that subject at the moment, just going of off materials I have come across much earlier but will be happy to look into it when I have time.

Xiin, waan ku gartay sxb, there was more of this is how things should be tone rather then this is what i believe in your argument. What am saying however is that there is a convergence between popular sentiment and logical understanding of the personal freedoms and equality that is inshrined in the constitution. Your views, in the sense ofAmerican popular opinion is very outdated, like I said that train has left the building a long time ago. What is being debated now, that the highest court in the land has found unconstitutional is the states unequal treatment of its citizens based on sexual oriention. If your arguemeny is that homosexuality is bad, that had its own place but it's a completely different arguement from the desicion of the Supreme Court today and Doma. Forgive the confusion but am just not sure of the case your making, is it homosexuality or the unconstitutionality of Doma.

Naxar Nugaaleed;964688 wrote:
Nothing to do with that subject at the moment, just going of off materials I have come across much earlier but will be happy to look into it when I have time.

Xiin, waan ku gartay sxb, there was more of this is how things should be tone rather then this is what i believe in your argument. What am saying however is that there is a convergence between popular sentiment and logical understanding of the personal freedoms and equality that is inshrined in the constitution. Your views, in the sense ofAmerican popular opinion is very outdated, like I said that train has left the building a long time ago. What is being debated now, that the highest court in the land has found unconstitutional is the states unequal treatment of its citizens based on sexual oriention. If your arguemeny is that homosexuality is bad, that had its own place but it's a completely different arguement from the desicion of the Supreme Court today and Doma. Forgive the confusion but am just not sure of the case your making, is it homosexuality or the unconstitutionality of Doma.

He's already stated that his religious beliefs form the basis for his disapproval of this ruling, meaning that it's unlikely that he'll evaluate this specific case on its merits.

Lol @black, Xiin has accused me of playing to the gallery but I would level the same charge against him, one on this issue the gallery is on his side and two he definitely knows better then to use personal religious views to advocate public policy in paluralistic society especially as a minority

NN,

It is homosexuality. You are still dodging my question: what does NN believe with respect to two men marrying to establish a family?

As far as constitutionality goes, I only brought today's rulings for its obvious political value. it sat a precedent, and it will be very hard to challenge homosexuals on a legal basis; the highest court of this land ruled in their favor.

When you write "there is a convergence between popular sentiment and logical understanding of the personal freedoms and equality that is inshrined in the constitution", you are speaking like a freshman excited about the liberal arts lectures , if not so I am hard pressed to come up with any convergence between popular sentiment that kept my fellow African Americans captive for hundreds of years and the most elementary understanding of American constitution, personal freedoms and equality. We are talking about a country where segregation was the law of the land as recent as my fathers generation. We are talking about a country which with overwhelming majority viewed black folks as creators that are only good at hard labor and entertainment (read: lack capacity to think)...

Indeed che is right which history books are you reading ?

Xiin walahi that is the biggest waste of my time that I can recall. You were all over the place but finally I see where all of this is going and if you would have made that more clear I would have not wasted any time. As for your arguments as a black, I can't help but find it laughable because as a minority of what ever stripe, any rational advocate knows its not an either or question, we either sink or swim together. racial equality, sexual equality, immigrant rights, gender equality, sensible drug policy, advocate s of incorcirated people, we are all one.

peasant   

Apophis;964683 wrote:
It's a classic white man problem. Our (African) society will not be modeled on European method; that isn't to say your private doings should lead you to harm.

It might not be an african problem now but in the long run it will be and you will see countries being labeled undemocratic as result of not having an adequate gay rights!. What you didnt realize or perhaps ignored is that much of the laws that govern the world today are dictated from places like Washington. God forbid it happens but if a Gay dude is elected into the oval office, you are pretty sure about what sort of policies he will pursue.

NGONGE   

Not sure why Xiin is getting all worked up there! If this happend in Saudi Arabia or Somalia, I would understand. But in America, GAAL gaal guursaday maaha in oo matag kaa keeno, saaxib. Waaba gaal, he follows different rules.

Tallaabo   

NGONGE;964717 wrote:
Not sure why Xiin is getting all worked up there! If this happend in Saudi Arabia or Somalia, I would understand. But in America, GAAL gaal guursaday maaha in oo matag kaa keeno, saaxib. Waaba gaal, he follows different rules.

Not all gays are gaalo:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331214/Rehana-Kausar-Sobia-Kamar-Pakistani-lesbians-Muslim-gay-couple-wed-UK-claim-political-asylum.html

Tallaabo   

Apophis;964683 wrote:
It's a classic white man problem. Our (African) society will not be modeled on European method; that isn't to say your private doings should lead you to harm.

Gay marriage may not be on the African continents political discussions now but gay rights are increasingly on the agenda.

NGONGE;964717 wrote:

lol

NGONGE sometimes is NGONGE. worked up? Matag? Ma afsoomaaligaad igu baranaysaa waryaa ?:D

NN,

You still did not tell me what YOU believe. Why are you so timid awoowe? Homo is a universal thing, it could be found anywhere in the world, it is not a unique western experience. So where do you stand on it?

NGONGE   

^^ Dee you're talking about the survival of humanity when it's a law in a gaal country. If that's not worked up, I don't know what is. Wax fahan.

(and yes, waligay wan kugo barbaran jiray. Maanta maxaad o diiday?) :D