Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed

Why are Somalis (espeicaly on this forum) separatist?

Rahima;962880 wrote:
It has nothing to do with that. Folks should just be honest and upfront about their motivations. That's the difference between SL and people like you. At least they don't pretend- what you see is what you get. I actually prefer that than a housemate who is continuously wishing your destruction and working actively against you. That housemate should move out i say then waxaa isku soo haraya those who want to make it work.

You talk about Somaliweyn and a united strong Somalia, guess what? It was united and strong until HAG had a chimpout destroying Masjids/hospitals/roads/airports/ports/schools/universities etc.

So now they finally made Tawbah and decided to act civilized (even though that's being forced upon them by African forces who tell them when they can leave their house and when they should be back) but they are still trying to control the whole country through corruption.

They were the ones that tribal cleansed the capital from any other tribe. So you have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Started from the bottom:

The-main-square-of-Modadi-023.jpg

Now we here:

Gabdho-Somali-ah-oo-dhex-socda-dhismooyi

Rahima;962880 wrote:
It has nothing to do with that. Folks should just be honest and upfront about their motivations. That's the difference between SL and people like you.
At least they don't pretend- what you see is what you get
. I actually prefer that than a housemate who is continuously wishing your destruction and working actively against you. That housemate should move out i say then waxaa isku soo haraya those who want to make it work.

are you saying we're simple or better yet....''noble savages''. :cool:

Somalia is caught up in vicious circle between different groups (Interests, Qabyaalado, Siyaasado, Maamulo) who are all pulling for different directions and determined to make sure they get their way or nothing else get's done. It's a race to the bottom with no winners.

It's even gotten worse than I have ever seen it here on SoL before. You now have people posting pictures of Xamar to score political points or to put others down. Talk about burning your bridges.

What happens when Sheikh Hassan's term ends and someone else from another background or region get's elected? Do these people who hate Xamar think all is forgotten or forgiven? SMH

It's vicious circle with no end in sight.

Blackflash;962869 wrote:
We're not separatists. We're federalists. Somalia can only go forward as a decentralized nation at this stage and it provides the greatest security from any future instability in the federal government.

It's just the HAG trying to consolidate their spheres of corruption after realizing that inheriting Mogadishu isn't proving to be as lucrative as they once thought. There's really no reason for Mogadishu to be the center of Somalia anymore, it has no valuable natural harbor as in the case of Kismayo and offers little in infrastructure that can't be achieved in a few years by any of the other major cities in Somalia.

HAG? Really?

facepalm_58970.jpg

ElPunto   

Rahima;962880 wrote:
It has nothing to do with that. Folks should just be honest and upfront about their motivations. That's the difference between SL and people like you. At least they don't pretend- what you see is what you get. I actually prefer that than a housemate who is continuously wishing your destruction and working actively against you. That housemate should move out i say then waxaa isku soo haraya those who want to make it work.

I'm not sure I understand. If someone is for federalism - that equates to being a closet separatist/secessionist? In countries with federal models(Australia, Canada etc) - does anyone talk about a 'lack of unity' simply because they choose a decentralized form of government? In the absence of national/regional reconciliation conferences led by the SFG(one of its primary mandates to heal a 20 year civil war) should anyone be surprised that old prejudices and stereotypes resurface in times of political tension?.

I am surprised by the insistence on 'leaving Jubbaland to the President' (Hassan, the Great and Powerful?) and the apparent thin skin shown by some of his supporters when confronted by genuine criticism. Hassan Sheekh is my President but he is deeply mistaken on the Jubbaland issue and I have doubts as to his commitment to federalism - the only viable governance method for Somalia IMO. I'm not going to plaster these boards with threads attacking him or Xamar but I don't apologize for my criticism of his policies. And I certainly can't be bothered with cries about separatism and lack of unity from people with a clan agenda.

I think Rahima is being extremely emotional if she genuinely thinks those of us who support federalism at this juncture of Somali history are 'continuously wishing for Mogadishu's destruction and working actively against it' .

It's time for me to explain the situation to our friends from Xamar.

Imagine me and a group of my friends/cousins assassinating the CEO of a successful powerful company. We then try to take it over, we fail, we start fighting amongst ourselves, losing all the stock/money. This successful company turns into shambles. Everyone leaves, investors/employees etc. Some start their own companies, some successful, some not. Having enough, twenty years later, the police gets involved. We then smile towards the cameras like nothing happened, and ask all the employees/investors to come back and work under us again.

The employees knowing our history refuse, saying they will find a own solution to their worries and problems. We then sit confused, asking ourselves why they aren't coming back to make this company powerful and successful again.

I have said i before Somalis will never agree on anything not state governance not how to live together not to go their separate ways. This debate is basically useless we had it so many times. Somalis lack state mechanism, Somalis have a hard time governing themselves the opponent clans will always be in the opposition the moment hassan sh was elected president we knew who his opponents were. The moment he picked his PM we knew exactly where it was heading. Only a dictator can rule Somalia you can have few decades of governance and development but it can be concluded with anarchy and total state collapse. Or the vacuum can be filled with another dictator. Right now the current leadership of Somalia is associated with a single clan lol.And the reason those who argue they want clan federalism is they want to use their tribal homelands as a base to get leverage and to counter attack the SFG which is in the hands of mostly a tribe. At least thats the picture we are getting. But Somalis will never say it out loud they rather delude themselves people are all wadani everything is fine lets sing Somalia tooso:D

Nin-Yaaban;962937 wrote:
HAG? Really?

facepalm_58970.jpg

Yaabane, ma yaabtay? He is the second qabyaaladist gaal in as recent who advocates the Bantustanization of Soomaaliya.

Qof Soomaalidii diinteeda ka baxay, shouldn't he at least leave qabyaalad behind as well?

I never thought I would see a Soomaali gaal, let alone qabyaaladist gaal to the core.

Leave it. Let it be further evidence to those who accuse me of dragging religion in to non-relevant discussions. A moderator, no less. I also find it hilarious that given the context of his post, he chose to affix the word Bantu to something he disagrees with.

Edit: To Nin-Yaaban. You're in the right, SFG would've been a better acronym to use as this problem is not exclusive to any particular group.

Rahima   

Mad Mullah- If we simply go by your posts in this thread I can bet any money that you have contributed more to the destruction of Somalia than I have. You and I are not the same- I’m just pointing out that people should just admit that all they care for is the prosperity of their area and stop this farce of Somalia.

Xiin- emotional? Love it mate. I said it before and I’ll say it again, the qabiilist comments you spew on this forum Xiin is very unbecoming of someone your age and one who once would be considered an example to our youth. The only difference between you and the Mad one is that you put it a little more eloquently under the false mask of it’s politics dee.

Alpha- I’ve decided that all Somalis are savages; I just prefer the ones that are transparent about their interests and who don’t hide between the Somaliweyn banner that they don’t even believe in.

ElPunto- I have not made it a secret that I don’t like our current version of Federalism but I can see the merits of creating a system similar to that of Australia. Ultimately, all states here work towards a better Australia and Queenslanders do not begrudge Victorians (and vice-verse) other than in harmless banter on topics like sport and who has better beaches. There are nomads on this forum who are pro-federalism but they are genuine and it is clear from their posts that even though they may criticise the FG, they do so in the hope that it gets it’s act together and betters our people (Abtigiis comes to mind). My own husband is from JL (from Afmadow more specifically) and whilst he supports JL he does so so long as it is in the best interests of Somalia and does not lead to war. That said though, MOST don’t hold this view.

Rahima,

You are still speaking with a voice cracked with emotions. But I love you for it.

I only wish you could be more forward thinking in your political outlook. Defending how things were , and clinging to an ideal Somalia in the face of a twenty one year civil war is a mark of cowardice. It is quite interesting certain political communities are opposed to federalism , also interesting that you good Rahima happen to be one their daughter yet instead of admitting the inherit bias, you chose to speak with the language of righteous and prophets and accuse others with different political view points with treason and dishonest , and in my case with qabiilism.

But we have been there before ...with respect to alshabaab, to Sharif, to the road map, and this xiinfaniin 'qabiilist' somehow has been proved right time and time again. Haddii alle ku nooleeyo, anna waa kaa weynahaye aan sii jiro, I am certain that you would come to appreciate the wisdom we advocate ...