Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Somalia needs Bashar, Gaddafi and Saddam combined.

Somalia needs Bashar, Gaddafi and Saddam combined.

This President going everywhere with a big smile. Nobody takes him serious.

You need to be just, yes. But don't make yourself a clown. I can go to Mogadishu now and declare my own country next to his house and there's nothing he can do about it.

We need to tell the Arabs not to kill Bashar like they did with Gaddafi we need to import all the fallen leaders.

Safferz   

Mad_Mullah;957947 wrote:
Exactly, we need a man like him.

6303d1346574399-01.jpg

Are you trolling? His regime is what made this 22 year mess possible.

We had a navy, army, nobody could F with us unlike now. Even Sierra Leone is in Somalia!

Arab countries were inviting and encouraging us to join their League instead of now, Hassan going from country to country begging for money.

Let's be honest. What destroyed Somalia was that the people that got rid of the government turned into savages that turned against their own cousins and destroyed the city they hail from. They were destroying it like it was Addis Abeba or Tel Aviv.

Compare that to Somaliland. They said this is our city, we won't destroy it, we'll rebuild it. That's the difference and that's what put us in this mess.

Safferz   

Xaaji Xunjuf;957950 wrote:
^^ He was good the first 10 years, but the last 10 years was a disaster

Yes, the downward spiral began with the @gaden War. I'm just surprised when people fail to see the connections between his regime and the collapse and contemporary political landscape. We have him to thank for politicizing clan in ways no one could imagine, and the most lasting legacy of his rule has been the destruction of Somalis' faith in being a subject and citizen of the state in favour of clan as the operative political unit and guarantor of collective security and group welfare.

Saalax;957951 wrote:
Somalia needs true reconciliation not fake smiles and photo ops.

Not gonna happen, there's too much distrust. Distrust that will never go.

The only thing I can see happening is a president coming from Reer Xamar or one of the other minorities.

Play it smart like Shabab, they knew the conflicts in Kismayo and that area so what do they do? They get someone from Zaylac. True, both tribes got pissed off but it was a strategic move.

We all know people that try to deny it and blame it on on Siyad Barre are the same ones (i.e. same group) as the ones that destroyed the capital. Not leaving a single house/hospital or masjid in safety.

Safferz   

Mad_Mullah;957956 wrote:
We all know people that try to deny it and blame it on on Siyad Barre are the same ones (i.e. same group) as the ones that destroyed the capital. Not leaving a single house/hospital or masjid in safety.

And who are "the ones," pray tell?

Safferz;957954 wrote:
Yes, the downward spiral began with the @gaden War. I'm just surprised when people fail to see the connections between his regime and the collapse and contemporary political landscape. We have him to thank for politicizing clan in ways no one could imagine, and the most lasting legacy of his rule has been the destruction of Somalis' faith in being a subject and citizen of the state in favour of clan as the operative political unit and guarantor of collective security and group welfare.

The o'gaden war was not really bad but the problem was it made Somalia bankrupt and Siyad bare needed to mobilize the Somalis he was feeling he was losing grip So,Somalis needed to be motivated to achieve the greater Somali dream. The first 10 years of the regime was actually pretty good the country was progressing economically , Somalis were farming they were exporting products they started industrialization.But after the war, the tribal politics began and at that particular time the Military institution of the Somali republic became corrupted, and that's when it went wrong. Siyad bare can be blamed for allot of things. But all that came after him cannot all be blamed on him He started it and he made it all happen he laid the foundation of the destruction, And his successors just continued the menace.