Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Heritage Institute for Policy Studies (Mogadishu-based think tank)

nuune   

^^ Welcome back Lyzie-Gaal, I know you forgot about me, but that is fine, I can take the pain asset.php?fid=14&uid=3017&d=1313069411

Jacpher   

nuune;955708 wrote:
I got this one from HIS website:

The founder of this group is not a DEGREE holder yet, this is confirmed by nomads on SOL who went university with him many many years ago, he is drop out student, sorry to those who are related Aynte but telling the truth doesn't hurt anyone and might motivate the Aynte to do more and get the skills required to run such a project, at least he needs to have what he is telling students to have!

That is enough qarxis for the day.

lol@enough qarxis. I'm not sure if he's journalist by professional training but he did some work for BBC Somali. Perhaps that's enough credential for the average man in Muqdisho.

nuune   

Lyzie, good to see you, horta how is he doing Shariifka, he ain't that far from your side of the ocean, heard he is due to finish his degree, what is your take on the Jubbaland issue, I know you no longer talk about politics except Jehovas Witness.

Jacphar, he hardly worked for Aljazeera, appearing it live from Nairobi doesn't count as journalism

More from the Tic Tacks(remember em?).....now hear from the horse-mouth....

Q: Who currently funds HIPS?

ABDI AYNTE's response:

A: HIPS is not a big organization, we only have five full-time employees. In the beginning we fundraised among our friends and ourselves and came up with the initial setup costs, basically five computers, one printer, an office space, a vehicle and modest remuneration from our

staff.

Later on, we got some partners and small money, but from reputed centers such as Oxford University and University of Pennsylvania. Now we want to approach traditional funders of think tanks such as foundations, individuals and even governments. We have also approached

the Somali business community to support projects such as the library project.

SOURCE:http://sahanjournal.com/a-conversation-with-somali-writer-and-analyst-abdi-aynte/#.UaPX6ODlPjQ

nuune;955708 wrote:
I got this one from HIS website:

The founder of this group is not a DEGREE holder yet, this is confirmed by nomads on SOL who went university with him many many years ago, he is drop out student, sorry to those who are related Aynte but telling the truth doesn't hurt anyone and might motivate the Aynte to do more and get the skills required to run such a project, at least he needs to have what he is telling students to have!

That is enough qarxis for the day.

lol, how can I have missed this post? Classic Nuune

Safferz   

Thanks LayZie.

Nuune, why would someone in a position so public lie about have a BA and MA, when it can be verified?

Mario B   

Safferz;955724 wrote:
Thanks LayZie.

Nuune, why would someone in a position so public lie about have a BA and MA, when it can be verified?

From Nuune's post it doesn't say Aynte claims to have a BA or MA, but that his institutions wants qualified fellows.

Safferz   

Mario B;955726 wrote:
From Nuune's post it doesn't say Aynte claims to have BA or MA, but that his institutions wants qualified fellows.

He quoted the website for the institute's fellowship requirements, then went on to say that the founder of the group is a dropout.

Jacpher   

^Perhaps you can take your questions directly to the man in question via twitter without interrogating Nuune here.

Jacpher;955732 wrote:
^Perhaps you can take your questions directly to the man in question via twitter without interrogating Nuune here.

I don't have questions jacpher. You are ridiculous sometimes, aren't you?

Safferz   

Who is interrogating nuune? If nuune makes a claim, it can be discussed, questioned and refuted by others. Thanks SP.