Sign in to follow this  
malistar2012

Urur Goboleedka IGAD oo ku Taliyay in Dowladda Soomaaliya lagu Ixtiraamo Maamul u sameynta Gobollada

IGAD head of states convened at the request of Somali government. Somali government's agenda was to win an endorsement for its political stabilization plan. A communique was released that underlined five principles. There and then the Jubbaland proponents won, and the president lost (by initiating a complaint to resolve an internal issue).

Jubbaland is a political reality. Short of a civil war , it cannot be reversed.

Abtigiis   

Apophis, I will not. It violates the terms under which I received the report.

Oodweyne, no spin. That is the understanding me and friends who saw and discussed it with me agreed on. On the surface, the report is clearly supporting the Government's position; except where it says "both sides agree that the government should have led the process, but both sides have presented strong reasons why this did not happen". Cabdi na gar leh, Cali na gar leh. What is crucial is what Kenya and Ethiopia want to do clandestinely, not what IGAD report says. This is my theory supported by information I have about the intentions of Ethiopia particularly. The report also says "the process (jubbaland) has been useful in fighting Alshabab". Those are not the exact words. Perhaps the most important recommendation is this (I quote it as it is):

" recognizing the fragility of the situation in Kismaayo, the Federal Government should timely convene and lead a reconciliation conference with support of IGAD while consulting key stakeholders in Kismaayo. meanwhile, the mission calls upon the stakeholders in Kismaayo to go to Mogadishu and dialogue with the Federal Government regarding the interim regional administration".

Abtigiis   

Oodweyne;954117 wrote:
Abtigiis

And I suspect it's Kenya and Ethiopia way of making sure that they are not accused of running constant interference in Somalia's affairs while at the same time having a "maximum" room to manoeuvre in running their "Somali proxies" inside Somalia.

Affirmative!

Which is good news for you and Somaliland! Rejoice British nomads.

D.O.C   

The IGAD birth was celebrated in mughadisho (the capital city of somalia) when the former italian somaliland is divided into subsections recently by IGAD:D

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;954102 wrote:
The report also says "the process (jubbaland) has been useful in fighting Alshabab". Those are not the exact words. Perhaps the most important recommendation is this (I quote it as it is):

" recognizing the fragility of the situation in Kismaayo, the Federal Government should timely convene and lead a reconciliation conference with support of IGAD while consulting key stakeholders in Kismaayo. meanwhile, the mission calls upon the stakeholders in Kismaayo to go to Mogadishu and dialogue with the Federal Government
regarding the interim regional administration
".

Those last five words don't sound too good for Jubbaland, Abtigiis!

NGONGE   

^^ I know, I am just teasing A&T about the "reading between the lines" comment of his. His quote mentions an interim adminstration, which is what the Hassan Sheikh government have been calling for all this time. :D

Carafaat   

The Jubbaland Conference was not an inclusive process. Igad finally recongnizes that important fact and calls for a reconciliation conference organized by the Federal Goverment.

This makes sense.