Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Toronto mayor Rob Ford crack scandal, Somalis own the evidence

Cara.   

Horta what is crack cocaine? Why is it smoked, while cocaine is snorted? Which one is better vis a vis getting high, plausible deniability, or fiscally? Crack cocaine = Blacks while cocaine = Whites?

I know I can look all this up but I don't want Google adsense suggesting drug paraphernalia for the next year... I just cleared my history of the sex trade industry binge-googling of last month.

Haatu   

Safferz;955571 wrote:
Haatu don't make me add you to my sh*t list too :mad: I have a clearer state of mind and I'm more emotionally balanced than that manic depressive, dhaqan celis internet troll.

Watching the news now, looks like a few of the mayor's aides just resigned.

528734_493922610633120_1755274893_n.jpg

women eh :D

Safferz   

Cara.;955575 wrote:
Horta what is crack cocaine? Why is it smoked, while cocaine is snorted? Which one is better vis a vis getting high, plausible deniability, or fiscally? Crack cocaine = Blacks while cocaine = Whites?

I know I can look all this up but I don't want Google adsense suggesting drug paraphernalia for the next year... I just cleared my history of the sex trade industry binge-googling of last month.

Crack comes in the form of hard crystals, so it can be smoked, while cocaine is a fine powder that people snort. You're right that it does seem to be the case that crack users tend to be low income (and race correlates with class), but my non-expert hunch is that this says more about race, criminality and what cases are prosecuted rather than actual usage trends. I posted a bit earlier in this thread that I think one of the reasons why this scandal is fascinating is because of the way race and class coincides in this story, because a lot of people deal with crack/cocaine, but only some people face the consequences of doing so, like jail time and death.

ElPunto   

Safferz - this scandal is your crack cocaine. The longer the video doesn't surface - the more likely Ford will keep his job.

Safferz   

ElPunto;955597 wrote:
Safferz - this scandal is your crack cocaine. The longer the video doesn't surface - the more likely Ford will keep his job.

Are you in Toronto? The entire city is captivated by this sh*tshow. Someone just donated $1k to the Crackstarter, which is now $3k short of the goal. Toronto Star journalists also confirmed that there are multiple copies of the video. His aides are quitting their jobs. It's over.

ElPunto   

I'm a few hours away - and Canadians are very scandal starved as compared to our southern neighbours so no surprise. But I was commenting on the one woman crusade that you've managed here on SOL. Hope the whole Conservative ship starts to go down.

Safferz   

This would be a big deal for any mayor in the world. But yes, I'm following closely, just like every other Torontonian. It's been the topic of discussion at every party and get together I've been to in the last week.

Safferz   

underdog;955642 wrote:
But Jaamac and the iphone could be anywhere from Edmonton to Xarardhere

Or dead, but I hope not.

Gawker should hold on to the funds for 30 days or so to see if the owners resurface once they know the money is on the table. But we do know there are other copies of the video out there, and that the Toronto Star (and I assume other media outlets) are working on acquiring, as the journalists who covered the story said earlier today.

I guess we'll see if the holder(s) of the alleged tape will come forward now, given that they would be guaranteed a large sum of money. I get the feeling that they've been laying low, since having it known that you possess something worth $200,000 in the drug dealing community reduces your life expectancy dramatically.

ElPunto   

^Doesn't their coming forward to claim the money create a whole lot of interest from the police - re the drugs issues? I wonder how much the tape is worth to the Ford family - may have been better to shop it around to them.

Safferz   

ElPunto;955650 wrote:
^Doesn't their coming forward to claim the money create a whole lot of interest from the police - re the drugs issues? I wonder how much the tape is worth to the Ford family - may have been better to shop it around to them.

They have a product (an iPhone with a video), and they're selling that product. It wouldn't be done publicly but through the informants in place that have been communicating with Gawker and the Toronto Star, and if they're smart, they'd be in the US right now.

Well done Toronto.