Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland Bans UN Flights from its Airspace

Miyir   

nuune;949669 wrote:
Tallaabo, if it is that easy, Somaliland would have obtained long time ago, the process is not that easy sxb, equipments maybe, I know it, and involves many organizations, ICAO and many other travel monopoly groups, if they don't recognize your system it means you are NOTHING, and they can do your airspace whatever they want unless you threaten with Fighter Jets guiding them forcefully to land, this is what Somaliland needs to do if it wants to ban every airline over there, waxa kale waa just pure talk inaar.

What about MIG21 at display Hargeysa city ? yes they can

Tallaabo   

nuune;949669 wrote:
Tallaabo, if it is that easy, Somaliland would have obtained long time ago, the process is not that easy sxb, equipments maybe, I know it, and involves many organizations, ICAO and many other travel monopoly groups, if they don't recognize your system it means you are NOTHING, and they can do your airspace whatever they want unless you threaten with Fighter Jets guiding them forcefully to land, this is what Somaliland needs to do if it wants to ban every airline over there, waxa kale waa just pure talk inaar.

Nuune there are so many ways aircraft safety can be jeopardised, but of course Somaliland does not want to be called a terrorist rouge state. If the international airliners are not confident that their safety is assured over an airspace they will not enter it. The problem now is how will Somaliland get what it demands without ruining its reputation?

nuune   

The question still stands which was asked by Che, how can you enforce this ban without even having a proper system in place, so ma ahan all talk and waqti dhumis by saying we ban this and ban that, markaad is hubto ayaa la dhahaa waxaas ayaan mamnuucayaa, that is my point inaar!

Tallaabo   

nuune;949684 wrote:
The question still stands which was asked by
Che
, how can you enforce this ban without even having a proper system in place, so ma ahan all talk and waqti dhumis by saying we ban this and ban that, markaad is hubto ayaa la dhahaa waxaas ayaan mamnuucayaa, that is my point inaar!

Fair enough

nuune;949657 wrote:
But I thought this news of UN handing over the Somali resources would be welcomed by Somaliland, would Somaliland be happy if UN keeps Somali Airspace and manage it for Somalis.

This is more political ,,, until some issues are resolved, then the move is one-sided. I wouldn't mind if there is a proper agreement from both sides on this issue. UN tu dadkuun bay isku diraysaa that is why they are taking such big moves without even preparing the ground for it.

Somaliland completely closed its airspace for UN planes

Minister of Aviation, Mr. Mohamoud Hashi Abdi, just announced government decision banning all UN airplanes its airspace, where new flights refused to reach and all grounded UN airplane can't departure, without further notice, in retaliation, decision UN and ICAO presented space control to SFG.

Mr. Mohamoud Hashi, ascertained starting 27th May, somaliland, will have complete authority controlling its airspace. also, starting June, Somaliland aviation will start collecting all charges fee from airlines using its airspace and all airline using their airports.

Somaliland Aviation minister, also warned SFG, if they pursue their decision of controlling airspace of what was known Somalia, that might jeopardize continued dialogue between them.

Mr. Hashi, accused UN and its agency of ICAO deliberately underscoring overlooking tripartite agreement between Somaliland, SFG and ICAO and formed committees consist them.

STOIC   

I will remind my flight this week to Kenya not to get shot down in Somaliland airspace...my geography sucks do we even get close to any Somali air? Hope not...

N.O.R.F   

^Please share JB. I don't see this as anything but empty brovado. I can see the UN execs having a good laugh about it right now in Hargaisa hotels.