Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Major roads in Somaliland capital Hargeysa undergoing construction ahead of May 18

War xaajiow save your breath... why would I listen to the likes of you? A qurba joog identiy crisis striken troll whose only true connection to somaliland is threads he makes. Listen to you over an en elder, several fot that matter, who know the entire terrain by foot. No I think not.

^^ Its still not your country stop associating your self with SL , i have helped built Somaliland from the beginning in the early 90s . know the land better than any one. And i can assure you the elder you spoke to lied to you. Its not your country. Dalkaga ku eekow , saaxib waxba SL kuma yaalan eh , dhagaxani cali lahayn eh.

SomaliPhilosopher;949573 wrote:
War xaajiow save your breath... why would I listen to the likes of you?
A qurba joog identiy crisis striken troll whose only true connection to somaliland is threads he makes.
Listen to you over an en elder, several fot that matter, who know the entire terrain by foot. No I think not.

;)

STOIC   

We may bring into relief the fact that Somaliland is still recognized as Somalia and that any Somali has the right to be citizen of Somaliland. May you guys not fall under the mercy of Xaaji and our northern resident mawryaan Saalaax. Loool

^^ Not true SL has a constitution and it says that only Somalilanders are the citizens of the country the rest are aliens really. Recognition or no recognition he has no right to claim Somaliland and its not his country.

STOIC   

Xaaji, in the spheres of international law he is still a citizen of Somalia( including Somaliland). As to current history proper he may not feel welcome but he still has a right to the place until secession is completed. If we observed in the rules of international law he has a right to the place just like you. It is not out of your free choice to keep out people. The nature of the current politics may necessitate your actions but still truth be told he has same right as you do..when recognition comes remember not to keep others out or else you will be loosing diversity

Somalia   

I agree with SomaliPhilosopher, I am planning to go to this place soon cause it is part of my country Somalia, what will they do, throw me out (loool), who are they to throw me out, are they Godless people, do they not know it is my land, I am indeed Somaliland and Somaliland is me. Wallahi that is a true Somali point of view!

Stoic thats the international community and how they view things , but there is a law and a constitution in SL and that constitution indicates that he is not from Somaliland. So there for he is a foreigner, he can consider him self a citizen in his mind or what ever. But in reality facts on the ground he is not. He will pay an extra fee if he comes to SL , while citizens of SL do not pay that. STOIC use the right term Somaliland case is not that of secession since Somaliland was never part of Somalia. But Somaliland was part of the Somali republic under a union it united. Its not one of secession.Having said that facts on the ground all show that this man is not from Somaliland. He is not closer to Somaliland than Angolan who visits SL.

STOIC   

Xaaji, I know there is law and order. I know he will probably be profiled but still I believe he is a citizen till recognition comes.I believe you guys should welcome all law abiding people. Somali politics is very short sighted just look things from far away and not only from the Hargeisa clans

Recognition will not change anything its not about how the world views him its about how those people sl and more important the sl govt views him and the sl constitution. Dont get me wrong there are many koonfurians in sl they know they live there as foreigners many of them are returning back to their country. Every one has a country and should be happy to stay there.

Somalia;949582 wrote:
I agree with SomaliPhilosopher, I am planning to go to this place soon cause it is part of my country Somalia, what will they do, throw me out (loool), who are they to throw me out, are they Godless people, do they not know it is my land, I am indeed Somaliland and Somaliland is me. Wallahi that is a true Somali point of view!

Yeah bro. Viva Somaliland, our country!

Tallaabo   

Xaaji your views could not be more wrong both according to the Somaliland law and facts on the ground. As a matter of fact the only thing that distinguishes the rights of citizens of Somaliland (and yes SP is not a legal citizen) and the other ethnic Somalis is the right to vote or be in the political system. Apart from the political rights, there is absolutely nothing Somalilanders can get in Somaliland which citizens of Puntland and other Somali regions can not get, be it unrestricted residency, free education, healthcare, jobs, business, property ownership, etc. Somaliland is not like the other nations of the world regarding its relationship with Somalia and Djibouti because our populations overlap so thoroughly which means basically the vast majority of Somalilanders including myself have close relatives if not immediate ones from all the regions of the Somali peninsula. That is a fact which every Somaliland politician is aware of and can do nothing about and as a result the only thing you will have a right to but the people you call "aliens" will not get is voting right.

The other erroneous claim you made is your saying that the Somalis from Somalia pay more than the Somalilanders when entering Somaliland. I go to Somaliland every year for my holidays and I can tell you I pay a hell lot more fees than those folks with the Somalia passport. Moreover, those entering Somaliland by road, and indeed most southerners and OGs come through the borders, pay absolutely nothing. It is only those coming in by plane and perhaps by ship who pay fees.

Trust me they pay more i have couple of friends who work at the airports and this rule is for all foreigners expept somalilanders with foreign pasports. By the way i am not talking about ethiopians and djiboutians.

Iam talking about those from somalia it is not true they can live in sl but they are not citizzens they cannot claim the land nor vote nor take part of politics. Their country is becoming better soon they wilkl all leave there. Is an sl constitution which clearly indicates who is a citzen and who is not period