Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Active Shooter at MIT

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;939832 wrote:
where are you hearing that?

Che -Guevara;939831 wrote:
I thought the hunt shifted to Watertown? Can you hear the gun fire?

I'm listening to the Cambridge police scanner. I don't hear any shots but I believe the area was Mount Auburn and Aberdeen so not so close to me. Also heard something about the suspect possibly in a Nissan, described as a white male with curly hair and a black hoodie. They're evacuating Mount Auburn hospital now too.

Safferz   

Police just confirmed that the suspect they're looking for is the dude with the white hat from the marathon bombing.

Safferz   

Suspect (white cap guy) lost in foot pursuit, police being directed to Arsenal Court and they're sending buses to evacuate the area now. Just heard another officer down??

Press Conference going on

Suspect one (dark cap) is indeed dead. Suspect 2 (white cap) is still on the run, Residents of Watertown advised to stay inside, house to house search ongoing.

Safferz   

I'm still listening to the police scanner -- he's been spotted in the bushes with EXPLOSIVES STRAPPED TO HIS CHEST, and a third suspect was just confirmed. They're also finding MULTIPLE explosive devices in residential areas in Watertown and Cambridge.

N.O.R.F   

Che -Guevara;939828 wrote:
It seems the suspects are Boston Marathon bombers.

Well done Sherlock :D

Where is Water Town in proximity to MIT?

Safferz   

N.O.R.F;939851 wrote:
Well done Sherlock
:D

Where is Water Town in proximity to MIT?

MIT is in Cambridge, and Watertown is a neighbouring city. But they're quite close.

Police seem to have dropped mention of a third suspect, and they've cleared the explosives I heard were in Cambridge. They're clearing residence in the immediate area, I think expecting an explosion (he has explosives strapped to him). 9000 police officers are out here right now.

If you're interested, here's the police scanner: http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/