Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

President Silanyo Meets British PM David Cameron (video)

Stoic. You still claiming to be Sijui is like me saying I am still that ciyaal xaafad from Bilaajo Carab. It is time to buy a house in Hargeisa ninyahow.

Somaliland should skip this one , whats the point to meet culusow next month when 2 month later there will be another meeting in turkey. And its not like these English geezers are mediating between Somaliland and Somalia. As long as its chaired by Somalia and Britain , there is no room for Somaliland.

STOIC   

Che, Hahha..Well She-who-must-be-obeyed has a long roots(parents and grandparents) in Hargeisa so all indications are directing Summer holidays for kids there..haha

Che -Guevara;939316 wrote:
Stoic. You still claiming to be Sijui is like me saying I am still that ciyaal xaafad from Bilaajo Carab. It is time to buy a house in Hargeisa ninyahow.

His Somali is still rubbish, the hargaysaawis will not understand him, Che the good old days of xamar caday ended for you.even if you wanted to run for a district in xamar, Oba and his Unuka Militia will tell you, goofkan goofkayagi waaye eebow iga siko nooh.

Chimera   

Oodweyne;939268 wrote:
AfricaOwn,

If he does attend, he really will be asking troubles
. And I think, whatever the British may say, he knows how that will play back home. Hence, I still have my doubt and I think he will try to decline to attend.
But politics is a strange animal
, and we shall see what he does in here.

Doesn't look good big brother, I saw a Christian Hindu cat in Wembley praying for Somaliland's attendance.

praying-cat.jpg

It's a wrap.

Oodweyne the brits are solely approaching this issue from their own interests particularly their image of how they want to be seen by the rest of the world and how they are committed to Somalia. If you have followed their policies towards Somalia the last years the Brits are deeply involved in Somalia's affairs even hinting to send British forces to Somalia. But where does that leave Somaliland if they want Somaliland to be there and take part of the conference in order to have their all inclusive image to the world that both Somalia is there and Somaliland is there. While the conference is being chaired by Somalia and UK, that doesn't sit well with me. I doubt how this move by SL would contribute to the Somaliland cause , since Somaliland status is still that of a defacto state consequently the need for the SL political leaders to come with a real solution while keeping Britain as a close ally of Somaliland. And at the same not diminishing Somaliland status. What ever decision President siilaanyo takes it has to be one that the entire Somaliland community civil societies parties diaspora are all backing.

Somaliland:Breaking News; Prime Minister David Cameron Meets Somaliland Leader in 10 Downing Street

Comments (18)

By Goth Mohamed Goth

Somaliland President Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud (Silanyo) has met with the British Prime Minister Mr. David Cameron at his official residence the 10 Downing Street this evening London,Uk.

Although this is the first direct meeting to take place between the leaders of UK and Somaliland, the two leaders discussed ways to strengthen the existing cordial relations between the two countries and hence developments funding and to step up security cooperation in order to work with global security.

Prime Minister David Cameron during the meeting reiterated the need for Somaliland to take part in the upcoming May 7 London conference saying, “The continuation of the Somaliland-Somalia dialogue is not only of high priority to the UK government but also crucial for Somaliland which stands to immensely benefit from the outcomes of London conference.

Prime Minister David Cameron thanked the President Silanyo and people of Somaliland who have in the past developed close cooperation in the areas of security, investment, the fight against piracy and regional affairs.

President Silanyo who is currently in the UK on transit to the USA were he has been invited by the leaders of that country is expected to meet with Somaliland diaspora before he departs for America.

The two countries share a history spanning more than one century but relations between the two countries almost came to a halt when the UK foreign office issued a travel alert to its citizens back in February this in turn prompted a response from both Somaliland government and citizens who came out in force demanding to know the validity of the travel warning.

Click Here to Watch the Video

videoplayback_12

Somalilandpress.com

I can't truth PM Cameron, He has some image problems in foreign diplomacy and he want use Somalia as easy tusk to improve his foreign image. Problems in Somalia are match easier to solve than problems in middle east or Afghanistan. He is on personal mission. Why Mr Cameron chose to meat Siilanyo, while there are many delegations in London for the Funeral of Margret Thatcher?

Yunis   

Wiil Cusub;939351 wrote:
Somaliland:Breaking News; Prime Minister David Cameron Meets Somaliland Leader in 10 Downing Street

Comments (18)

The two countries share a history spanning more than one century but relations
between the two countries almost came to a halt when the UK foreign office issued a travel alert to its citizens back in February this in turn prompted a response from both Somaliland government and citizens who came out in force demanding to know the validity of the travel warning.

Somalilandpress.com

^^relationship more than a century;)…. fooling others is one thing but fooling yourself is the ultimate deception. What is amusing is the length some go in search of that ever elusive recognition, even the awful colonial periods are viewed fondly as a cherished pastime. but, Silaanyo got great photo op out of this...

Carafaat   

I dont see why Somaliland should go to this conference, after all they have attended the previous one and the Turkish conference last year.