Sign in to follow this  
underdog

UAE men 'too handsome' for Saudi festival

underdog   

Three Emirati men were ejected from a festival in Saudi Arabia as they were deemed “too handsome”, leading authorities to fear women could become attracted to them, it has been reported.

According to Arabic language Elaph newspaper, the UAE nationals were taking part in a heritage event in the capital Riyadh on Sunday when they were thrown out by Saudi’s religious police.

Saudi Arabia, a strictly conservative Sunni Muslim society, prohibits women from interacting with unrelated males.

“A festival official said the three Emiratis were taken out on the grounds they are too handsome and that the Commission members feared female visitors could fall for them,” the newspaper said.

Steps were then taken to return the three men to UAE capital Abu Dhabi, according to Elaph.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/uae-men-too-handsome-for-saudi-festival-498216.html#.UW6iXNuF8wN

NGONGE   

^^ Saw the story yesterday. I found the picture of one of these "handsome" guys and conducted my own detailed survey. The results I got were eye opening, saaxib. Needless to say that the wife, the daughters and a couple of their friends strongly advised me NOT to visit Saudi Arabia anytime soon. :D

underdog   

NGONGE;939175 wrote:
^^ Saw the story yesterday. I found the picture of one of these "handsome" guys and conducted my own detailed survey. The results I got were eye opening, saaxib. Needless to say that the wife, the daughters and a couple of their friends strongly advised me NOT to visit Saudi Arabia anytime soon.
:D

LOL... is that what they said? wax aa lagaa sirsiranaa, saaxib.

Other than Hajj I would have absolutely no reason to visit KSA. Those people take backwardness to new lows everyday.

underdog;939180 wrote:
LOL... is that what they said? wax aa lagaa sirsiranaa, saaxib.

Other than Hajj I would have absolutely no reason to visit KSA. Those people take backwardness to new lows everyday.

says our resident metro-sexual man who pedicures......!:P

Unders, you ought to audition for BIG&MIGHTY catalogue shoots, inaar!...:P:cool:

underdog   

Alpha Blondy;939182 wrote:
says our resident metro-sexual man who pedicures......!
:P

Unders, you ought to audition for BIG&MIGHTY catalogue shoots, inaar!...
:P
:cool:

I'm so disappointed you didn't go through with your plan to quit SOL.

I know you have trouble focusing but lets try for once to stay on track with original topic of the thread ;)

underdog;939183 wrote:
I'm so disappointed you didn't go through with your plan to quit SOL.

I know you have trouble focusing but lets try for once to stay on track with original topic of the thread
;)

i'm also so disappointed that you wanted me to quit SOL. waa kuu sidee, inaar? if i go who or what is left? :P

since i don't really have much to say on this topic, i'll excuse myself dee. :D

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;939179 wrote:
^^^ Why? Did they thought, you will be confused with an
"escaped monkey"
; and therefore the legendarily harsh Saudi's police may be inclined to take you back to the Riyadh's Zoo..

:D :D

NGONGE   

Maaddeey;939458 wrote:
Underdog, original-ka af carabi ah soo raadi sxb, sheekadaan sambuuska shabaabka mamnuuceen bey u egtahay!.

It was a Saudi webiste that reported it, saaxib. The rest just picked up the story and ran with it. One of the guys that was deported was talking about it on twitter. :D

Maaddeey   

NG, loool. I doubt inay websiteka ku sheegeen in nimanka "qurux" loo qabtay!. Asagoo carabi ah noo raadi adoo maraxsan!. :D

NGONGE   

ابعاد 3 شباب إماراتيين من "الجنادرية" بسبب "وسامتهم"

المصدر: صحف / يوتيوبالتاريخ: 14 أبريل 2013

اضطر المسؤولون عن جناح الإمارات المشارك في المهرجان الوطني للتراث والثقافة "الجنادرية" السنوي الذي تقيمه السعودية إلى الاستجابة لطلب "هيئة الأمر بالمعروف والنهي عن المنكر" إبعاد ثلاثة شباب إماراتيين من المهرجان بسبب "وسامتهم" بحسب ما تناقلته وسائل إعلام خليجية.

وقالت صحيفة "الحياة " نقلاً عن مسؤولين في المهرجان "أن متشددين طلبوا من المشرفين على الجناح استبعاد الشبان الثلاثة المشاركين من الفعاليات "خشية من فتنة النساء الزائرات للجناح"، لافتاً إلى أن إدارته "استعجلت إجراءات سفر الشبان إلى أبوظبي."

من جهة أخرى انتشرت لقطات فيديو على موقع "يوتيوب" يظهر فيها رجل من هيئة "الأمر بالمعروف والنهي عن المنكر" السعودية، وقد دخل إلى ساحة تقدم فيها فرقة فنية إماراتية فعاليات تراثية من الدولة في المهرجان.

واضطرت السلطات الأمنية الموجودة في الموقع إلى الدخول وإخراج الرجل بالقوة.

http://www.emaratalyoum.com/life/four-sides/2013-04-14-1.566000