Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Tomorrow, I humiliate myself publicly.

Safferz   

...in the form of a mandatory performance at my university's "language night," which someone decided all African language students have to participate in this year. I'm in intermediate level Amharic, and my class is doing an "Ethiopian Jeopardy" skit. And I want to die.

At least I can take comfort in knowing no one in the audience (aside from the instructor, who doesn't care) will know or understand if I mess up my lines. But the thought of performing anything in front of a crowd is terrifying, and more importantly, I CAN'T ACT. Knowing myself, I will probably trip *up the stairs* as I try to get on stage.

And I'm in grad school, not 7th grade drama class. Why do I have to do this?

tumblr_mdx82pg4FR1rsrytp.gif

haha...you're going to flop. i'm quite certain of this. a BIG massive FAILURE awaits your performance. you think Amharic language is easy?

if only i was there to observe your FAILURE. do let us know how you get on, inaar. :P

NGONGE;938736 wrote:
^^ You safely made it to the other side and are not smelly any more.
:D

not that i was ever a smelly let alone a student, but i remember this poignant comment NORF made once....... about the benefits of earning your first salary and then suddently realising the sky's the limit and there's more to life, inaar. many years of being a smelly student were terrible for Al but he made it out alive in the end somaha? :P:D

*Blessed;938739 wrote:
Alpha, I'm curious what's the motivation?

a tigray chick, inaar. she owns a small tourist shop in addis. we didn't understand each other the first time we met, you know. the last time i saw her, i wooed her with basic Amharic. she's convinced i'm tirgay too, especially with my accent, you know. i've been told i have the tigray look about my person. i now tell them i'm from mekele and use the name Zageye. :P

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;938734 wrote:
somaha, inaar?
:P

i'd hate to be a student.

I tried the whole 9-5 office job thing, but the banality of it all provoked a quarter life crisis that led to my decision to never leave the ivory tower :D Student life is the best life.