Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Turkey to host three-way talks with presidents of Somalia, Somaliland

Recommended Posts

NGONGE   

^^ I gave you a position of some of those in SL, not my own take LOZ. :D

 

As for what you ask; if the issue was similar to that of SL and they were in control of the land itself (with all the admin, army, etc)..err, I suppose they'll have to have talks and probably be in exactly the same place SL is in today (assuming, of course, that SL is a recognised state). :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xaaji Xunjuf;936699 wrote:
^^ If you control the land you have an important input in all decisions

So you're saying it is about control? and not the will of the people?

 

NG, you make sense, but my point is SL admin are banking more on the emotional response of the masses rather than laying down strong foundation for nation building, does that make sense? even if today SL is recognised it is longevity is under threat, me thinks.

 

My thinking is the only way the international community will recognise SL is through a referendum. would the SL admin accept that, i doubt, too proud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A UN supervised referendum on indepedence for Somaliland if it makes the Koonfurians happy i see why not lets go for it. I think that Something Siilaanyo and co could actually sell to the people of Somaliland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ what if some regions vote for unity? would the SL case be the same as Canadian Quebec, be in the union but every now and then a new nationalism will campaign for a new referendum?

 

Would be acceptable to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will see the result later lets have the referendum first and see where it goes from there if the majority of the people of SL vote for independence than independence if the majority of the people vote for union than union it is. Legend most regions in SL are all shared there is no region in SL where one clan or sub clan clearly is the majority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NGONGE   

Legend of Zu;936703 wrote:
So you're saying it is about control? and not the will of the people?

 

NG, you make sense, but my point is SL admin are banking more on the emotional response of the masses rather than laying down strong foundation for nation building, does that make sense? even if today SL is recognised it is longevity is under threat, me thinks.

 

My thinking is the only way the international community will recognise SL is through a referendum. would the SL admin accept that, i doubt, too proud.

This is why I said I agreed with the guru when he mentioned Sudan. I've alway been of the opinion that this is where it will end. Still, the signs today are much better than when Cigaal declared that 97% chose SL in that referendum of his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   

malistar2012;936713 wrote:
It gets deep for Silaanyo admin Locals are know supporting FG and are accepting Fg leadership as it stands

 

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Well I can rent a hall in London, decorate the place with flags, get together some unemployed folks to clap and sing, and declare the union of Venus and Mars:) Will that change anything on the ground?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xaaji Xunjuf;936706 wrote:
Legend most regions in SL are all shared there is no region in SL where one clan or sub clan clearly is the majority.

That's not true. If you conduct a referendum based on tribal lines say Maakhir, Khatumo, Awdal, and the rest of Somaliland you can see a huge chunk of

Somaliland choosing a union with Somalia. I thought you accepted a village by village referendum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   

Homunculus;936716 wrote:
That's not true. If you conduct a referendum based on tribal lines say Maakhir, Khatumo, Awdal, and the rest of Somaliland you can see
a huge chunk
of

Somaliland choosing a union with Somalia. I thought you accepted a village by village referendum.

I see you conducted a poll in Somaliland;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I can rent a hall in London, decorate the place with flags, get together some unemployed folks to clap and sing, and declare the union of Venus and Mars Will that change anything on the ground?

sxb how do you figure they are unemployed? stop insulting Nationalist Somalilanders ,, They are voicing their opinion inside the country and outside.

 

and yes anyone can rent hall in London and practice their freedom of speech unlike Hargesa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baashi   

Oodweyne posts while entertaining and fun to read it's Ngonge who has what it takes to sell the package :) I ain't buying his expired eggs though cuz I can smell them from dhow meter!

 

The beauty of Ngonge’s argument is that it’s simple, clear and well structured. He covers almost all the basis. But that’s where its strength ends. If you are not endowed with critical reasoning abilities the chances are you would buy the whole bucket without inspection.

 

Awoowe the strength of an argument rests on numerous things. Assumption is one of the things on which an argument depends on. Ngonge is making a lot of assumptions here. If SOLers ignore personal biases he brings to the discussion and instead they try to isolate the nerve center of his argument they will find that he makes the following baseless assumptions:

 

1. Khatumo clans have no voice or input in resolving the secession issue.

 

2. President Hassan is a dictator who can make the final call without consulting and ultimately obtaining the votes of two thirds of members of The House of the People of Federal Somali Republic.

 

3. Somaliland administration represents all the regions that historically fall under now defunct former Somaliland British Protectorate.

 

4. Somaliland administration is in full control of SSC and Eastern Sanaag.

 

5. The dispute between Puntland and Somaliland over their overlapping borders is either irrelevant to the discussion or it’s over in favor of SL.

 

If you agree with his assumptions about this issue then SL is on its way to attain the golden cup and adeer Silaanyo is leading the way :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NGONGE   

^^

 

1. Khatumo is in the wilderness as far as this process goes (unless and until Hassan Sheikh brings them aboard, which neither he nor Sharif before him did).

 

2. President Hassan has not (to my knowledge) consulted his parliment nor involved them in the process so far. As for being a dictator, isn't that what his Jubbaland citizens accuse him of? My assumption here did not come out of thin air and I'm sure I did mention Jubbaland as I made it.

 

3. Somaliland represents all those regions since the Somali government did not demand that the distinction be made before agreeing to sit for talks.

 

4. That's besides the point. The Somali government agreed to sit and talk with Somaliland in the full knowledge of these facts.

 

5. Again, PL is represented by the Somali government (as the pictures of Farole sitting behind Sheikh Sharif in Dubai will attest).

 

You are going about it all wrong there, Baashi. For if the Somali government based its argument along such lines it will leave itself open to a compromise deal. I thought the Somali government were adamant that there is no way any part of Somali can breakaway not that Khaatumo is this or Puntland is that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raysul Wasaare Saacid: Waxaan Maqlayay Dad Shaki Ka Qaba Shirka Turkiga

 

 

Xuquuqda Qoraalada, sawirada iyo warbixin kasta waxay gaar u tahay Raxanreeb.com (RBC Radio). Lama adeegsan karo, dib looma daabici karo, lama baahin karo ama kambayuutar laguma keydsan karo si toos ah iyo si dadban intuba, haddii aan fasax laga heysan maamulka Raxanreeb.com (RBC Radio). Fadlan hana xadin

 

Raysul wasaaraha Soomaaliya Cabdi Faarax Shirdoon

 

Addis Ababa (RBC) Raysul wasaaraha xukuumadda federaalka Soomaaliya Cabdi Faarax Shirdoon Saacid oo booqasho qaadatay saddex maalmood ku tagay wadanka Ethiopia ayaa ka hadlay shirka ka dhici doona wadanka Turkiga ee dhexmari doona dawlada Soomaaliyeed iyo maamulka goosi-doonka ee Somaliland bishan bartankeeda.

 

Raysul wasaare Saacid oo wareysi siiyey idaacadda VOA ayaa sheegay inuu maqlay dad su’aalo ka qaba shirka Turkiga ee kasoo hormari doona shirka weyn ee ka dhici doona London horraanta bisha May ee soo socota.

 

“Waxaan maqlayey beryahan dad badan oo shaki ka qaba shirka Turkiga waxaan leeyahay waxba haka shakinina wax aad shareysataan ma jiraan.” ayuu yiri raysul wasaaraha oo fasiraad ka bixinayey shirka.

 

Saacid wuxuu sheegay in shirkani uu qeyb ka yahay shirarka horumarinta dalka iyo amnigiisa looga arrinsanayo, isla markaana uu qeyb ka yahay dadaalada beesha caalamka ee u wajahan Soomaaliya.

 

Hadalka raysul wasaaraha dalka ayaa yimid iyadoo maalmo yar ka harsan yihiin shir ay ka wada qeybgali doonaan masuuliyiinta dawlada Soomaaliyeed iyo maamulka Somaliland kaasoo ka dhici doona magaalada Istanbul ee Turkiga.

 

Shirkan Turkiga ayaa dhaliyey su’aalo badan maadaama kulamo hore u dhexmaray labada dhinac ay ka dheceen wadanka Ingiriiska isla markaana uu jiro shirweyne guud ahaan Soomaaliya looga hadlayo oo ka dhici doona London bisha dambe.

 

Warbixin ay dhowaan qortay Raxanreeb Online ayaa muujineysa in shirka Turkiga ay sidoo kale wax ka wado dawlada Ingiriiska oo shirka London wax ku leh qabashadiisa, iyadoo qodobada looga hadlayo shirka Istanbul ay u badan yihiin iskaashiga dawlada Soomaaliya iyo maamulka Somaliland.

 

Ujeedada ugu weyn ayaa ah in si shirka London uu u noqdo mid wada kulmiya dhammaan Soomaalida oo ay ku jirto Somaliland in ka hor la soo yara dhaweeyo mowqifka ay taagan yihiin maamulayaasha Hargeysa si ay u yimaadaan miiska London iyadoo cinwaanka shirkuna yahay “Soomaaliya”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NGONGE's argument: Somaliland is well positioned to win a sanctioned separation from Somalia and Somalia is at disadvantage going into this and may, just may, give the game away .

 

And he talks about crystal ball and whatnot.

 

The PM responds :

 

Saacid wuxuu sheegay in shirkani uu qeyb ka yahay shirarka horumarinta dalka iyo amnigiisa looga arrinsanayo, isla markaana uu qeyb ka yahay dadaalada beesha caalamka ee u wajahan Soomaaliya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this