Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Historic , Rare Pictures of Somali Leaders

Oodweyne, Gabal accepts the King, he was his King too :D

ps. for the Kids in the thread: waraa chill and read the history and thank me for educating you

Saalax   

Mr Pirate read the first text under the picture it says Sheikh Mohamed Abdulahi. Where does

it say Sayyid or Mohamed Abdullah Hassan? The southerners themselves will testify that is Sheikh Sufi

and his xeer.

Saalax;935780 wrote:
Mr Pirate read the first text under the picture it says Sheikh Mohamed Abdulahi. Where does

it say Sayyid or Mohamed Abdullah Hassan? The southerners themselves will testify that is Sheikh Sufi.

that pic was taken in xamar in the 30s. The sayyid never had the title 'Sheikh' and neither was he in xamar at that time.

It says the picture was taken in 1905 at Ilig. It says the men sarounding him are 'khusuusi'.

I will stand corrected if the kids come up some proof stating otherwise. The text speak for themselves.

Saalax   

Forget the Somali text that is edited part, written Somali language did not even exist in 1905.

Put on your glasses old man and read the Italian text below the picture it says Sheikh Mohamed

Abdulahi in a Italian way.

Are you saying the word 'Sheekh' proves that this picture is not his?

I will remove the picture if you come up with a credible proof that this indeed is not him

Saalax   

Yes the name in the Italian text proofs it is not the Sayyid. Also observe the xeer and their leader,

and the big beautiful building in the background certainly that is not Taleex ,they are cadcad

people of Sheikh Sufi...

Tallaabo   

Xiinoow my Tol do not need to learn about historical figures who were at best of no concern to them and at worst treated as criminals.