Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Galmudug Why Aren't They Powerful Like the 90S

Dr_Osman   

This is a question that needs to be asked. What happened to Galmudug. This clan not to long ago was one the most powerful clans in Somalia, they tore the government apart, roamed with an iron fist yet today they are at the bottom of the barrell in all aspects from political to economical and when you look at they're state it says alot. For example Galmudug is now 7 years old. I remember looking at Puntland when it was 7 years old 2005 it was the time of cade muse rule and it was way more developed then where galmudug is.

What happened to them. Does anyone know

Dr_Osman   

I mean bossaso didnt become like this overnight

eujwac.jpg

But it was much more developed then galmudug at the 7 year mark there is no doubt about that

For over 22 years, this civil war caused significant hardships for the Galmudug clans , Ashabab plus the ethopians recent fighting also damage their wealth in Mogadishu and elsewhere.

Puntland has not seen the level of fighting and duration as the Galmudug Tribes , Puntland was peace for over a decade except for here and there skirmish no major fighting.

Dr_Osman   

Mali so did the president tribe and they seem to be doing well politically and economically. Look at the development occuring in Mogadishu its amazing. Why isn't this replicated in galmudug

Because in the 90s they were in control of Mogadishu they had all the power controling from Galkacyo to the Kenyan border they had 60% of the former SNA army arsenal was in their hands. Not just them but the entire habar gangstar clan were the top dogs having colonies in Lower shabelle and lower jubbah. But their power was broken or it was diminishing because of the habr gangster and unuka wars in the early 90s. And than the US intervention. Having power is one thing but to keep that power is another thing. They kept dominating eventhough they lost allot when abdiqasims hotel government was formed even with the ICU they were the king makers. But with the xabashi invasion they lost everything their capital their army their influance and were reduced to crawl back to their ancestral home land Galguduud and Southern Mudug.

Dr_Osman   

Xaaji, well puntland wasn't exactly a heaven when the people returned. It wasn't like mogadishu or hargeisa that was heavily invested into by colonial powers. Puntland and Galmudug share one thing our land was pretty much just waste-land however puntland rose up and developed while the galmudug folks didn't. All we need to see is the cities of those clans and it is struggling. Why is this the case. Surely they can develop theyre region like puntland did because if puntland could do it then galmudug has no excuse because of the lack of investments historically affected both regions alike.

Dr_Osman   

I think the logical answer is they have no ambitions building they're regions or investing because they have mogadishu dreams. That is the only logical answer I can think of

Puntland started state building in 1998 and went to war twice jamac cali jamac versus cabdilahi Yusuf internal struggles The galmudug clan was in Xamar fighting for their place in xamar and pushing further south and they wasted their energy on each other if they made a deal with unuka they would today be sitting in villa Somalia with out Amisom. The first time Puntlanders started looking south was in 2004 when cabdilahi Yusuf was elected,

Dr_Osman   

Xaaji why cant they just cut a deal, surely the fighting benefits noone. They had 20 years to think about it even the dumbest of ppl can see when something just aint working.

Osman, Adeer your recent fetish with Galmudug is becoming rather unhealthy.

I'd suggest you go and compare Somaliland and Puntland and you will see what real difference looks like. Frankly I can not be bothered to parade on here posting pictures showing development projects that are on going in various parts of Galmudug including Galkayo, Hobyo, Wisil etc.....

Dr_Osman   

Sabriye, I don't compare to Somaliland why would I with these sorts of stats. My shift of Somaliland has been a while for good reasons

2nhnuz5.jpg

Dr_Osman;942878 wrote:
Sabriye, I don't compare to Somaliland why would I with these sorts of stats. My shift of Somaliland has been a while for good reasons

Clearly we don't have same norm about unemployment same as we could't agree about counting families (because u can't lay nr of houses easyly as nr of families)

Dr_Osman   

Wiilcusub somaliland is hard at chewing khat, Puntland is hard at work.Really says enough. 47% unemployment the lowest in Somalia. ADEER you've got 70% of your people chewing khat how can I debate with this. There is 30% gap in employment stats and this sort of gap is going to be seen in population come july

can you tell me the biggest employer in pl area agriculture industry?, manufacturing? or may be pirate industry! and human trafficking!

can you explain why south central has lower unemployment than yours?