Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

HIDDIGO - Somali Comic Book Campaign

Chimera   

Support it:

754045285.jpg

HIDDIGO
is based in the Arawelo Galaxy, one of the few independent systems not yet subjugated by the Cosmic Emperor Algamesh II. The latter through arms-embargoes and sanctions has managed to weaken the solar kingdom of Yam Yonemlin ruled by the young Queen Ashkiro. The Emperor sets in motion the necessary resources to make a fast conquest, but from within deep of his own empire rises an ambitious Prince of a long lost rebellious Kingdom that was vanquished centuries before. Others soon follow in his footsteps, and the Queen begins to understand the battle for freedom is not yet lost.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hiddigo-the-crowns-of-mayjuul-vol-1/x/2898696

Isn't Araweel the lady that use to do 'you know what' to men a longtime ago? They should've chosen someone else for that comic. LoL i can't see many men reading it. :)

Chimera   

Nin-Yaaban;934484 wrote:
Isn't Araweel the lady that use to do 'you know what' to men a longtime ago? They should've chosen someone else for that comic. LoL i can't see many men reading it.
:)

Its just a name of a galaxy, the blurb doesn't detail anything related to the original Araweelo story.

Chimera   

Well this is demoralising, so many views yet no support.

Brother is in the wrong profession, or catering to a non-existent audience.

Safferz   

Chimera;935186 wrote:
Well this is demoralising, so many views yet no support.

Brother is in the wrong profession, or catering to a non-existent audience.

I'm not so sure, Afrofuturism isn't an obscure genre of science fiction and there's definitely a market. He seems to have a lot of talent, but he needs to work on his hustle. I did a google search and an image search and the only websites that come up with Hiddigo is the indiegogo page and SOL.

Chimera   

Safferz;935192 wrote:
I'm not so sure, Afrofuturism isn't an obscure genre of science fiction and there's definitely a market. He seems to have a lot of talent, but he needs to work on his hustle. I did a google search and an image search and the only websites that come up with Hiddigo is the indiegogo page and SOL.

I already told him that, but the brother is busy with other projects as well. SOL is probably the biggest Somali forum though, with 11000+ members. If he's not getting support here he won't get it anywhere else.

Ps; do you have long and thick curly hair with a pretty face? Not hitting on you, serious question.

well i'll be damned, ma istidhi?

is this how the ''knowledge-endowed uppity pseudo intellectuals'' live out their utopian-out-of-sync-with-reality-on-the-ground-fantasies? in a comic book? in pseudo-sci-fi little stories? naga daa dee. :P

Utopian-Clueless Crew vs Inaar-Inkaar Crew for a battle to the death? y'all ready? you little abbreviated social conditions safferz?

Safferz   

Chimera;935195 wrote:
Ps; do you have long and thick curly hair with a pretty face? Not hitting on you, serious question.

Haha, why do you ask? I impulsively cut my hair short about a year and a half ago, but just hitting shoulder length again now :)

Chimera;935198 wrote:
Alpha, take your pills dear brother.

oh yeah? which ones, inaar?

oh right, do you mean the same MDMA pills you have a criminal conviction for dee? NO THANKS! NO REALLY!