Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Clan Cleansing in Somalia: A Book Review --Must Read for President Hassan

Lidwien Kapteijns’ book is an important addition to Somali studies. She uses popular poems, radio broadcasts, and extensive oral interviews to analyze the genesis, fomenting, and perpetuation of hate speech, and the employment of code words. The book is at its strongest when Kapteijns delves into the use of poetry and oral recordings to explain the violence that had engulfed Somalia in early 1990s. This is a-must-read book for every Somali who wants to know what happened in 1991. It is especially important for Somali leaders who want to bring a lasting change to Somalia because the process of uncovering the truth and dealing with it is only the beginning of the healing process.

http://www.wardheernews.com/clan-cleansing-in-somalia-a-book-review/

I realize it is a bit slippery to consider when making policies the civil war experiences and still move the country forward. The risk is rekindling painful memories that breed mistrust among the very society one wants to lead. Yet there is no practical way to avoid what took place without seeming insensitive leader who at best dismisses the collective raw feelings of an entire segments (segment here primarily means an age group) of Somali society. But there is a middle way. President Hassan needs to find one such middle course

well she excluded a lot of facts, such as the -block and clan genocide in the Jubbas, the focus on the book was .block cleansing well there where much worse cleansings in somalia such as the man made famine in Baay Caused by Morgan and Co,, the cleansing from south of somalia was much worse, a lot of -block got killed and a lot of -block got killed period, But the real victims of this conflict was reer Bay and Bakool and the minorities.

^^That is the USC narrative , oba :D

Morgan causing famine in the south is revisionist history , goes against facts as they were recorded. block killing block in 1991 is a poor come back on Oba's part :D

Waryaa , si in lagu cafiyey ma ogid maxaa ku dhibaya ?

Jacpher   

xiinfaniin;933393 wrote:
^^That is the USC narrative , oba
:D

Morgan causing famine in the south is revisionist history , goes against facts as they were recorded. block killing block in 1991 is a poor come back on Oba's part

xiin this kid was two or three when this history took place. Wuxuu kuu sheegayo waa from the mouth of Keydmedia.

It seems interesting enough book that it indulges into the nuts and bots of the wounds of Somali civil war, which most Somalis avoid by saying waa la is-laayey ee ha laga gudbo. If we're going to build a country by wax walba ha laga gudbo, history may just repeat itself.

Where do I find this book?

xiinfaniin;933393 wrote:
^^That is the USC narrative , oba

Morgan causing famine in the south is revisionist history , goes against facts as they were recorded. block killing block in 1991 is a poor come back on Oba's part

USC narrative kuye. runta miyaa diidi

We have heard Morgan on tape admitting it marka taa dhexi gali mahayo.

cafid? sxb anagu dee dhaqankiinu ma lihin oo we could've easily barked xasuuuq in xamar during the ethiopians which we all know what happened ku sii dar the Al shabaab invasion on xamar every single part of xamar except the Villa somalia area and Madiina was empty laakin the difference is we don't victimize ourself.

^^You say that and you still occupy my property and farm, Oba? Have a shame waryaa :D

War waa la is cafiyey ee buugaan Xassan Sheekh baa u baahan, who seems to have a difficulty to deal with this subject

Jacpher, I believe you can find it in AMIZOM

NGONGE   

^^ Haye. Haye. Xaga kalaad o booday miya? :D

So, tell me, are you in support of Hassan Sheikh today or do you still trust your fate to this clannish man (as your thread here implies)? Zzzzzz! :D

^^You are transparent for your attempt to create silly diversions , NGONGE. You are way smarter than this. What become of you?

Create Hassan Sheekh post so we can discuss the shortcomings of our president (if that is your angle ).

^^

lmao gurigada iyo beertada maxaan ku falaa marku ilaahay hanti badan ii siiyay alhamdulilah.

sxb dadka gobta waa reer gedo we fought the hardest and we moved on maba moodeysid dagaal baa dhacay. Just look at Macalin iyo Gabbal waa gob gobi dhashay, but you guys on the other hand calaacalkiinu maba dhamaado just look at this forum. :D

^^that is the question, why would you keep my house and farm when you, just like me, are perfectly capable of creating a halaal wealth. Oh it was not about the taking wealth , it was more about punishing me , inflicting a pain on me, Oba. I know that you know the kitchen table stories ...

So read the book, waan ku cafiyey hadda, iisoo celi xoolayahygii hana inkirn, no buts or howevers :D