Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

President Hassan Sheekh Addresses Mogadishu's Forced IDP Camps

Where milistar2012, who was denying the article I posted yesterday , and accusing me of clannish agenda. hear the president describe it better than I could ever do

he says : " forcing entire IDPs in camps, garages, relocating in the darkness of night , and treating them as hostages' must stop in Mogadishu.

I disagree with Hassan in many of his policies , but on this one I am with the president

^^And they thought xiinfaniin was picking on them and was particularly clannish :D

You see , Gheelle, this is what surprises me: why would a government confronted with such a major issues (humanitarian, security, lack of institution etc) spend whatever political capital it has on periphery administration that are fighting alshabaab, and securing vital regions by setting up from the bottom administrations ? I mean, it is astonishing , isn't it?

This is good and the President must lead the way otherwise it be hard to tame Mogadishu. Hadii uu madaxdi dhaanteeyo ama is indha tiro, what will you expect from the masses. Mogadishu needs a lot more to clean i and take it back the way it was pre-civil war but this is a small, I mean too small of a start, a lot of issues need to be tackled top of it is security, proper reconciliation, administration distribution and looted properties.

Mogadishu is a nightmare of a city and should be given priority right before any other Somali city.

Xiinow, astonishing indeed. In the report, awoowe, it states that the majority of those IDs in Mog camps fled from Bay, Bakool, Lower Shabelle, and Middle Juba. These are the regions government wants the locals to put their fate in government hands so it can impose its direct rule over them, yet it cant even protect poor IDPs in Mog camps. The irony of all.

Btw, where are those elders and MPs who were screaming their lungs out on certain clans mistreatment in PL? Why this news/report isnt their concern?

Gheelle.T;931750 wrote:
Xiinow, astonishing indeed. In the report, awoowe, it states that the majority of those IDs in Mog camps fled from Bay, Bakool, Lower Shabelle, and Middle Juba.

Reer Bakool kuma jiraan dadkaas. Anigaa Xamar tagay. Waxee u badanyihiin Reer Jubbooyinka, labada Shabeelle iyo Gedo.

Reer Bakool haddee qaxaan dhanka Ceelbarde, Dooloow iyo Yeed aadaan oo ku taalo xad beenaadka.

Barakacyaasha Xamar joogo qaarkood waa lagu heystaa. Laakiin it feeds itself, oo qolo gooni loo eedeyn karo ma jirto. Barakacyaasha beeraley ayee ahaayeen, but lazy life ayee barteen oo been been wax lagu cunaayo. Iyagaba inay baxaan ma rabaan, inkastoo kuwa la leeyahay xoog ku jooga si hay'adaha lacag iyo mucaawino loogu qaato.

Hay'ad Turkiga u dhalatay ayaa damacday inay ku celiso barakacyaasha deegaankee beeraha ku lahaayeen sanadkii hore dhamaadkiisa. Dad gaar ah ayee la heshiisay oo sheeganaayo magac shirkadeed inay celiyaan dadkaas, gaadiidkooda ku qaadaan. Dadka la celinaayana xoogahoo gacanta loo giliyo jidka kusii maraan. Kuwii noqon lahaa inay noqdaan ma rabin, kuwa wadaayena inay wadaan rabay. Markii dambe lagu heshiiye inay baabuurtooda raacaan oo Afgooye la geeyo lagu soo daadiyana, hadhoowna iska soo noqdaan, kaam kale barakac ah iska diiwaangeliyaan iyagoo magac kale sheeganaayo. Kuwii wadaaye lacagtooda u darneyd, iyagiina soo noqodkooda u darnaa iyo shilimaanta yar jeebka loo giliye. Hay'adii Turkiga saas lagu qiyaamay.

MMA,

It was stated in the report. It also says that the majority of those interviewed were from the regions mentioned. Read some of excerpt below:

"The accounts of people displaced from Bay, Bakool, and the Shabelle regions of south-central Somalia, who are primarily from the R***** clan and the B****minority group, show that these communities are particularly vulnerable to abuse. Gatekeepers and their militia treat them as second class citizens, and subject them to various forms of repression, including frequent verbal and physical abuse."

"A June 2012 IDP assessment in Mogadishu found that 60 percent of internally displaced people originated from Bay, Bakool, and the two Shabelle regions.[51] While an accurate picture of the famine-affected population is not available, it is believed that the majority of IDPs from southern Somalia displaced as a result of the famine in mid-2011 were from the ********* and Bantu communities.[52] Human Rights Watch’s research focused on newly arrived displaced persons in Mogadishu, therefore the majority of the interviews were with members of these communities. "

"Gatekeepers and militias profit from the displaced communities in other ways. They threaten to confiscate the tents provided to IDPs by international humanitarian agencies, to control their movement, including their ability to leave the settlements or camps. Several displaced women said that they felt as if they were hostages of the gatekeepers. As a 40-year-old woman said"

Baashi   
Warkaasu waa war fiican. Madaxweynahuna si gobonimo leh buu uga hadlay. Waxii tabar xumi iyo itaal darro ay keento waa gaar laakiin hadde waa in ficil jiraa