Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Our closest kin, our brothers: The Oromo.

Safferz   

Xaaji Xunjuf;929984 wrote:
Carafaat oromos have nothing to do with Somalis , oromos are Ethiopians they are not closer to us than their Habashi cousins , the only oromos that have some sort closeness are the arsi oromos and we brought them islam. Somalis are closer to the Rendile and Afars and Hararis.

They are indeed the majority ethnic group in Ethiopia today, but only because of Ethiopian conquest and subjugation (like the Somalis in the eastern part of Ethiopia). Hararis on the other hand are Habesha - Semitic speakers like the Tigray/Tingrinya and Amhara - so why do you believe they are closer to Somalis than the Oromo? The Oromo are a Cushitic people like the Somali.

Carafaat   

Alpha Blondy;929995 wrote:
oromos are vile creatures. its preposterous to say we're closely related to these neanderthalic stone-age people.

Alpha, The hate for the Oromos has to stop. They are our peacefull neighbours who we have been disturbing for decades with our wars. It is the Somalis who act like vile creatures.

Safferz;929996 wrote:
... Hararis on the other hand are Habesha - Semitic speakers like the Tigray/Tingrinya and Amhara.....

what are you talking about Saffz?

Hararis are not habeshi. these people are descendants of muslim emigrants to Abyssinia.

Safferz;929996 wrote:
They are indeed the majority ethnic group in Ethiopia today, but only because of Ethiopian conquest and subjugation (like the Somalis in the eastern part of Ethiopia). Hararis on the other hand are Habesha - Semitic speakers like the Tigray/Tingrinya and Amhara - so why do you believe they are closer to Somalis than the Oromo? The Oromo are a Cushitic people like the Somali.

First of all these are linguistic branches u are talking about, there are Somali clans with in the harari ethnic group and Somalis ruled harar the hararis have afar in them turks Arabs Somali clans oromo clans.Amharic language is Semitic grammatically but heavily cushitic, even though i do not like to use those terminologies because they were introduced by European anthropologists. There is no cushitic origin or ethnicity in the conext of ethnic origin. These terms were used by those Europeans to divide Africans in branches oromos afars sahos agaws are not descendants of King kush there is no genetic proof for that. The oromos some think they are Amahra and want to be like them some in the south in jima and orma and omo oromos just act like their nilotic cousins. Oromos played a significant role in subjugating themselves Oromos fought for Menelik they were his closest allies. Somalis when the Abyssinians invaded Somali galbeed there were no Somali nomads fighting for menelik. Somalis are nothing like oromos , the gallas are submissive people and have no quality but there are to many of them they can be a threat to our region.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;930005 wrote:
what are you talking about Saffz?

Hararis are not habeshi. these people are descendants of muslim emigrants to Abyssinia.

Why do you consider Habesha and Muslim mutually exclusive?

Xaaji Xunjuf;930012 wrote:
First of all these are linguistic branches u are talking about, there are Somali clans with in the harari ethnic group and Somalis ruled harar the hararis have afar in them turks Arabs Somali clans oromo clans.Amharic language is Semitic grammatically but heavily cushitic, even though i do not like to use those terminologies because they were introduced by European anthropologists. There is no cushitic origin or ethnicity in the conext of ethnic origin. These terms were used by those Europeans to divide Africans in branches oromos afars sahos agaws are not descendants of King kush there is no genetic proof for that. The oromos some think they are Amahra and want to be like them some in the south in jima and orma and omo oromos just act like their nilotic cousins. Oromos played a significant role in subjugating themselves Oromos fought for Menelik they were his closest allies. Somalis when the Abyssinians invaded Somali galbeed there were no Somali nomads fighting for menelik. Somalis are nothing like oromos , the gallas are submissive people and have no quality but there are to many of them they can be a threat to our region.

Sorry, but there's nothing factual, historical or even sensical about this comment, it's just convoluted thinking and a racist diatribe masquerading as argument. You sound like an Ethiopian.

Safferz;930022 wrote:
Why do you consider Habesha and Muslim mutually exclusive?

i won't be swayed by your attempts to over intellectualise this discussion and further entice me into a trap that's inescapable. laakin, the facts remain harari's are NOT habeshi. thank you. Al.

Carafaat;929993 wrote:
Che,
If you refering to my little affection with Puntland. Please read my declaration of love to Puntland,

LOL that response was for Xaaji but far bukta iyo meeshii ayaa is og.

I don't buy your affection for Oromos and I don't support Xaaji's xenophobic attacts on Oromo.

Safferz you see oromo as one ethnic group but in reality socially politically and even traditionally and genetically and historically they are not the same.These people at the beginning have been fighting for others , its not my opinion its a historic fact that shewan oromos played a significant role in subjugating other oromos under Abyssinia. For example the likes of Muhammad ali who was an oromo the son of ras gusha he ruled much of Gonder and wollo highland Ethiopia, he later converted to Christianity. Or another oromo tribal chief Liben emede who wed his daughter to the Tigrayan king Yohannes.Or taitu betul the wife of King Menelik or ras mekonnen meneliks first cousin another oromo the father of haile selasie .Since Ethiopia is both a paternal and maternal society and there are many other cases oromos played a significant role and helped others to subjugate them under Abyssinia. Ofcourse some opposed the Abyssinian expansion like the eastern arsi oromos but it was to late there were already millions of Oromo,Amharic speakers fighting for Abyssinia and its expansion in every corner they were even the footsoldiers who fought in Somali galbeed in the late 19 century. Thats why you have till the day of today some supporting OLF and some ultra nationalist Ethiopians.These people have nothing to do with us and this is topic is an insult to Somalis,i urge the admins to delete it.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;930025 wrote:
i won't be swayed by your attempts to over intellectualise this discussion and further entice me into a trap that's inescapable. laakin, the facts remain harari's are NOT habeshi. thank you. Al.

What facts have you presented here? But if you say so...

Safferz   

Xaaji Xunjuf;930030 wrote:
Safferz you see oromo as one ethnic group but in reality socially politically and even traditionally and genetically and historically they are not the same.These people at the beginning have been fighting for others , its not my opinion its a historic fact that shewan oromos played a significant role in subjugating other oromos under Abyssinia. For example the likes of Muhammad ali who was an oromo the son of ras gusha he ruled much of Gonder and wollo highland Ethiopia, he later converted to Christianity. Or another oromo tribal chief Liben emede who wed his daughter to the Tigrayan king Yohannes.Or taitu betul the wife of King Menelik or ras mekonnen meneliks first cousin another oromo the father of haile selasie .Since is Ethiopia is both a paternal and maternal society and there are many other cases oromos played a significant role and helped others to subjugate them under Abyssinia. Ofcourse some opposed the Abyssinian expansion like the eastern arsi oromos but it was to late there were already millions of Oromo,Amharic speakers fighting for Abyssinia and its expansion in every corner they were even the footsoldiers who fought in Somali galbeed in the late 19 century.Thats why you have till the day of today some supporting OLF and some ultra nationalist Ethiopians.These people have nothing to do with us and this is topic is an insult to Somalis,i urge the admins to delete it.

Sure, and likewise the British had an entirely Somali force called the Somaliland Camel Corps whose job it was to plunder Somali villages and expand British rule. Colonialism (Ethiopian as well as European) could not have been sustained in Africa without coopting indigenous leadership and institutions, and Somalia was no different. The British called their system "indirect rule," and if you look at the numbers of whites vs. Africans, it's clear they could not have ruled us without some Somalis helping them. Who do you think made up the forces that fought Sayyid Mohamed? Do we not still have Somalis today who rub shoulders with Western powers for their own gain, to the detriment of the majority?

I'm only bringing this up because I fail to see your point here, and the vitriol you're directing towards the Oromo can be applied to us as well. When you say they are a "submissive people who have no quality," a threat because of their numbers, etc you sound EXACTLY like the people who conquered them and the language they used to justify it, and I say this as someone who has read many Ethiopian writings about the Oromo and Somali.

Are you seriously comparing the British Empire an Empire that conquered much of the world with some poorly equipped Habashas from gojjam and gonder and wollo shewa. Are you forgetting Amhara leadership were either mothered by oromo or some times they were oromo with Amhara mothers. The oromos are not disparately different than their Amhara cousins the western and northern shewans believe they are from higher pedigree than their arsi oromos and Jimma oromos and orma oromos. For the last 300 years the oromos were in the leadership of Abyssinia and step by step they were expanding and expanding and destroying the live hoods of their own people. Oromos cannot be compared with Somalis or any other nation in Africa.

Safferz   

So poorly equipped they defeated the Italians with Remington rifles? Before turning them on us, and doubling the size of Ethiopia at the turn of the 20th century?

Anyway, it's pretty clear you either have no idea what you're talking about or the hatred you have for the Oromo is so intense that you don't care for historical accuracy, so I'm just going to bow out of this circular discussion.

The Italians were outnumbered and outgunned and are you forgetting that oromos were the bulk of the army to at that time. You have no argument. But the process of expanding Abyssinia started way before Italian Abyssinian war it was done through cultural imperialism. Fact remains that the oromos killed their own fought their own these people have identity crisis. But that doesn't mean i hate them i wish them all the best luck in Ethiopia, i just want them to stay away from Somali galbeed thats all.