Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Somalia: The S.F.G.’s Strategy of Political Conflict

^^When I coined the 'Macno Yare' nick for you, this is what I was talking about :D

I did however attempted to help your likes who after thier large arguments are squarely debunked resort to cowardly arguments of shalay saasaad tiri, iyo darraad saasaad lahayd :D. This below is what I wrote when NGONGE in an attempt to save the day for certain brothers of his in the south resurrected a year old post of mine :D

xiinfaniin;921832 wrote:
If it helps our brothers in the North, corrections has been made to the Professor Gandi's original initiative. Today Kenya is under AMISOM mandate just like Uganda. The name is no longer Azania
:D
, it is Jubbaland. Gedo and all other communities are included in the process.

On top of that, there was a mini gathering in Nairobi hotels to sort out Sheep N Shoe disagreements in the region. The leadership has been conceded to our numerous brothers who surround the region from all corners.

It is a big tent, and the strongest among us fiercely guard it

Baashi, Macno Yare's hadal caruureed aside, this is really very interesting analysis on the current political conflict in Kismayo. It shows two things, 1) that Hassan is absolutely dishonest in his pledge to uphold the constitution upon which he was sworn, and 2) his tactics as apparent by now is ineffective and quite regressive.

Maanaan garan geella doofaarku laayey buu yiri

Mario B   

^^Where is the Central government in all this, where is the meeting in which any disagreement with the FG was ironed out? Why is the FG shut out from territory it ulti mately has sovereignty over?

P.s None of this BS would be accepted by any of the countries in the region, why do Somalis always short change their government or fellow citizens...?

^^The Federal Government was invited to Kismayo , delegates were sent to Mogadishu begging the president to accept this new emerging state. Alas, the president had other strategies in mind...

But now all is clear, and there will be real political showdown with multiple players. Either the president will operate within his mandate, or he will be told to back off.

Gabbal   

Oodweyne-

Gedo boys are not in disagreement over federalism or the outline of the espoused Jubbaland state. This is a position they share with the Kamboni and the Puntland boys. Their former SNF leaders as well as even SNF/SRRC leaders are today in the midst of a unifying conference in Garbahaaray with the pro-Jubbaland conference signatories. In Garbahaaray we have Aw-Libaax, the chairman of the group of signatories to the IGAD Jubbaland project meeting with Mohamud Sayid Adan (former SNF/SRRC chairman), Mohamed Abdi Kalil (current governor of Gedo), the current mayors of Beled-Xaawo, Luuq, Dollow, Ceel-Waaq, and Garbahaaray districts (the districts of Baardheere and Buurdhuubo are still Al Shabaab held) and other interested businessmen and political/military officers.

There is no disagreement on federalism or the idea of Jubbaland as it is espouse. In fact, you could say they have pushed the idea before the political impetus that is before us. You take 90's era calculations which are no longer relavant to form a misunderstanding about the nature of their political vision or demote it by hypothesizing the office of Somali President through the office of Somali Prime Minister can "buy" them out. I have it that Shirdoon himself is a proponent of the idea but is serving as a leverage under the political radars. It is not that they are looking to be empowered by him but that he is looking to be empowered by a unified and politically enforced position they take that makes him as respecting the will of a majority.

Of issues of disagreement being worked out in Garbahaaray are:

1. When is it most approprite to participate, i.e before or after all the land has been liberated from Shabab

2. To what extent can the idea of federalism and Jubbaland be facilitated while holding goodwill with the elected government of the land

3. To what extent is Kenya playing a role and how to bring equitable guarantees that reflect the reality and not a forced hand if political legitimacy is bestowed through active participation

Those are the main three issues and they all deal with strategy not objective. The objective of realizing federalism and Jubbaland is widely shared.

The on-going Garbahaaray conference scheduled to conclude in the next couple days will outline the political trajectory of the Gedo boys with regards the current project and not anything that can come out of Villa Somalia.

As for the "JVA" of yesteryears, the former Mayor of Kismaayo under the JVA Col Yasin Nuur Gaas "Raadeer", is the deputy chairman of the current interim administration headed by Ahmed Madoobe.

nuune   

^^ I knew gabbal was misunderstood here on the boards and had his posts got twisted many times by others, it is good that you summarized everything in points, because many Solers viewed you were a die hard fan of anti-Jubbaland State.

If people from that said Jubbaland can live and share the land, then they would have no problem in sharing their political future.

^I don't think anyone is misunderstood here. Gabbal is fine with Jubbaland as long as the 'Gedo' boys are in the driving seat and the same goes for everyone else representing their respective tribes, This is problem with Somali politics, everyone wants a solution that are only benefits his group and puts everyone else at disadvantage. When people don't get their way, we are reminded of how powerful they are. The whole thing is mess.

nuune   

Maybe I wasn't reading the clan dogma but as long people can live together in that said Kismaayo and other regions, then they have no problem sharing political will together.

Jacpher   

Che -Guevara;922107 wrote:
^I don't think anyone is misunderstood here. Gabbal is fine with Jubbaland as long as the 'Gedo' boys are in the driving seat and the same goes for everyone else representing their respective tribes, This is problem with Somali politics, everyone wants a solution that are only benefits his group and puts everyone else at disadvantage. When people don't get their way, we are reminded of how powerful they are. The whole thing is mess.

Not this time. I think Gedo is on board this time but higher levels of the government are playing dirty politics. I hope they realize before it is too late.

Haatu   

I might not agree with the President's methods, but I agree with the need for a centralised federalism. It's a shame this is the strategy he took though.

NGONGE   

Che -Guevara;922107 wrote:

As the Garwoe 1 and 2 meetings proved, Somalis can settle their differences as long as there is a Mahiga in the room. Find us a Mahiga Che. :D

Haatu   

NGONGE;922144 wrote:
As the Garwoe 1 and 2 meetings proved, Somalis can settle their differences as long as there is a Mahiga in the room. Find us a Mahiga Che.

:D The ugly man sure is missed :D