Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Somali and Nomad discriminatory and politically incorrect?

This "saamale" is a long standing tradition that has been recorded by Shariif 'Aydaruus Shariif 'Ali's Bughyat al-amaal fii taariikh as-Soomaali in 1955. It is not something that can be so easily dismissed.

Haatu;922541 wrote:
Interesting. Where do you get the info on Classical/Old Somali?

Afmaayga hilibka 'soo' ayaa la dhahaa, caanahana 'wan' loogu wacaa. In other words, the brother has a point. Once again it proves Afmaay in uu ka fac weynyahay Afmaxaaga.

Haatu   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;922647 wrote:
Afmaayga hilibka 'soo' ayaa la dhahaa, caanahana 'wan' loogu wacaa. In other words, the brother has a point. Once again it proves Afmaay in uu ka fac weynyahay Afmaxaaga.

Point-kaas ha inoo dambeeyee, I just wanna know his source so I can check it out. It seems interesting.

Miyir   

My understanding there is definitely some connection between the arrival of Islam in Somalia and organised Somali Qabiil names, before that you identified with your profession.

as they say Toll waa tolane.

Haatu   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;922921 wrote:
. Wada aqriso.

Eebbe ceebtaada ha dhowro, MAHADSANID! What a fantastic read. We truly are an ancient race and some deluded folks like Xaaji Xunjuf think we came from Arabs a couple of hundred years ago.

There is no reference that these people we talk about thousands of years ago were called Somalis no proof what is so ever. We need to look and investigate when we first started calling our selves Soom aali

what i always said

Historically, very little was known about the Somali people’s pre-Islamic past. Despite recent fossil and genetic evidence which strongly advocate the theory that mankind originated in Africa,

Haatu   

^You're a poor confused fellow who believes he's a Hashimite when genetic evidence says otherwise. Who will believe a word you say, yaa Haashimi?

Haatu;923417 wrote:
^You're a poor confused fellow who believes he's a Hashimite when genetic evidence says otherwise. Who will believe a word you say, yaa Haashimi?

Do you know the genetics of the Hashimites ,no you dont because some carry the E1B1C particularly the royals in morocco and UAE some carry the J1 some the J2 Haplogroups , but forget about the hashimite ancestry or anything related to that

We have no clue about this history we talk about because Somalis are a oral society we have know real written history, this all speculation, and the Land of the Punt is not just Somalia, its just parts of Puntland Somaliland Djibouti and Eritrea and parts of northern Ethiopia , its not just something of Somalis. No my friend Somali history began after islam as we know it and thats when the real Somalis were shaping their true identity.

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;923527 wrote:
Do you know the genetics of the Hashimites ,no you dont because some carry the E1B1C particularly the royals in morocco and UAE some carry the J1 some the J2 Haplogroups , but forget about the hashimite ancestry or anything related to that

We have no clue about this history we talk about because Somalis are a oral society we have know real written history, this all speculation, and the Land of the Punt is not just Somalia, its just parts of Puntland Somaliland Djibouti and Eritrea and parts of northern Ethiopia , its not just something of Somalis. No my friend Somali history began after islam as we know it and thats when the real Somalis were shaping their true identity.

Yaab baad leedahey. So how do you refute the evidences presented by the article?

Article talks about that there are similarities between ancient Egyptians and the people who live in the Somali peninsula , but that doesn't mean Somalis are related to ancient Egyptians nor were the people in the land of the gods called Somalis , nor was it exclusively the Somali peninsula , there was lots of trading between the ancient Egyptians and those in the land of the gods. So people often used each other customs, thats all. And i do agree with the article that not all Somalis are Somali by customs not all of them are xoolo dhaqato , Somali are Biyo maaal some are Tu maal , i agree with that part. Marka niyo taarikhda Somalida iyo waxan meesha ku qoran wax is leh adeer maha, dadkan identity crisis baba ku dhacday:D

Haatu   

War dad fac dheer baanu nahaye, hadaad adigu inkireyso oo aabayaashaa Carabeed ku dhegeyso, adigey ku jirtaa Xaaji.

Carab caabud iyo nus iga dheh.

Wadani   

Haatu;923682 wrote:
War dad fac dheer baanu nahaye, hadaad adigu inkireyso oo aabayaashaa Carabeed ku dhegeyso, adigey ku jirtaa Xaaji.

Carab caabud iyo nus iga dheh.

+1