Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Should I continue this short story...

She stood there, in all her glory. Full sensuous lips, full figure, tall, dark, hair reaching up to the small of her back, teeth as white as fresh milk against dark gums; the quintessential picture of a true African Queen. Except for one small detail; she was a lady of the night.

She blinked twice and sauntered into the dark alleyway where the red tail lights of a waiting car blinked. Perhaps a client? I was soon startled out of my mind's wanderings by the hooting from the next car. I had stopped in traffic to stare at her as I waited for the lights to change, but completely forgot.

Why are you staring at the Cabiid, my companion asked, Cabiid being the derogatory word Somalis use to refer to other Africans with "coarser hair". Out of a strong sense of racial pride, most Somalis regard themselves as a race unto their own; neither black African, nor Arab, no Caucasian.

We went into the usual routine of me standing up for the Cabiid and of her into her righteous indignation that I should countenance the fact that we were all African, whichever way you sliced it. I went into the usual anecdote of how in the Qurbaha nobody cared for my Somaliness; the white woman across the street always saw me as a black man, out of instinct, the white woman would invariably clutch her bag tighter on my appearance.

For some reason, this particular anecdote seemed to have a more reassuring effect on her today than usual. I wondered why...

wyre;912988 wrote:
No Thanks
:D

Is it because you are in KSA and this stuff is too titillating for you lol. The religious police might find you reading it and send you to jail?