Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

Wearing white

Ibti, what u mean kushiinka gal.... u sound like a radical feminist...when did halimos start advocating gender role reversal? No wonder many modern halimos are unable to establish a family and having hard time finding a husband. walee waqtigu wuu isdabalay, our ayeeyos looked for men who could provide for them, but ibti and her crew r looking for dirac wearing and jiko going farahs, cajaaib...Lakiin anigu lama yaabayo waayo there r guys who r buying into this radical feminism ideology...In fact, someone in this thread i think it was che that said in uu cajiinka tumo/qaso, so the modern halimos shouldnt lose hope i guess...

Wadani   

Salahudin, i'm with u on preserving traditional gender roles, but since life in the West is so hard and usually requires a two income household the husband should be willing to help the wife out with the house chores if she is working full time just like him.

Aaliyyah   

Salahuddin, ma waxaad ka yaabantahay in uu che yidhi laxoox baan qasaa? oo marka waliga kijada maad galin oo cunto maad sameesan ayaan u fahmay? walee you sound like a spoiled brat! no offense intended. And since you claim to be married it is beyond me how your wife keeps up with your attitude. LOL..waaba yaab walee.

p.s providing for your family and cooking for them don't have to be exclusive..Ma aha wax lakala dooranayo.

Wadani, if farah isnt able to provide for his family, he shouldnt get married. Sxb, there are things that r not meant for women and bring check home and providing for their family is one of them. Even if they have some source of income, its theirs to keep and do not have to share it with their husbands.

Aaliya, guys can and should cook as there is an exception to everything, In fact, I have cooked for my wife when she was sick. But what we are discussing here is gender roles and whether the guys place is in the jikada.

Aaliyyah   

Salahudin;915710 wrote:
Aaliya, guys can and should cook as there is an exception to everything, In fact, I have cooked for my wife when she was sick. But what we are discussing here is gender roles and whether the guys place is in the jikada.

If your wife is a homemaker then that makes perfect sense - that is for her to do more housework than you. But, you shouldn't help her out only when she is sick. You should help her out as much as possible.

With that being said, let me give you a scenario if both of you are working? what then? Shouldnt you both do the house chores equally? or you think when she comes back from work she should cook for you since you want a warm meal on the table ? miyeyna ka wacneen in aad wax wada qabsataan guri iyo dabadba.

Aaliyyah   

Reeyo;915425 wrote:
*Shakes her head* as she reads this thread with minor shock.

Can we let this thread rest in peace. My good name has been assaulted and dragged through the mud.

I would have to apologize that we changed your thread from your intended topic.

Aaliyyah   

let me rephrase it..I took you and your wife as an example. If a couple are both working then doesn't it make sense that they share the house chores?...

Wadani   

Salahudin raggeedi baad tahay bro, cidna ha u joojin. Hadda waa iska adduunyo gaddoon oo wax walbaaba maqluubka ayay ka roganyihiin. Xumaan iyo samaan dadkii kala saari waa.

Aaliyyah   

Salahuddin, there are many women out there who work. Not every woman is like your wife, and chooses to stay at home.

Anyways, shekada halkaas baan ku jaraya. Each on his own.

Why would my wife work when I'm able, working and can provide for my family.

Woman should be contempt in their house if there is no pressing problem that forces them to leave home for work every morning.