Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Faysal Waraabe: Somalia government recognition grave threat

Somalia   

... and everything to blame on Siilaanyo.

UCID Chairman and next president of Somaliland region of Somalia said the following:

1. Somalia's recognition a threat
  2. Recognition is unwarranted on the part of the US :D
  3. Less communication with the international community
  4. Less communication with regional countries
  5. Dual-track policy is now finished

Hogaamiyaha xisbiga mucaaradka UCID ee Somaliland ayaa go'aanka dowladda Mareykanka ku aqoonsatay dowladda Soomaaliya ku sheegay mid jug weyn ku ah Somaliland.

AUDIO LINK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somali/war/2013/01/130119_somaliland.shtml

Given all of this, I wonder why the secessionists are trying to exploit hostilities in the rest of our nation, does the unity and support for the new president hurt them so much? No more changing focus, time to look closer to home. icon_smiley_thumbs_up_148960984.gif

Next president of Somaliland lol

He is a bit over exaggerating but its for sure triumph for Mogadishu

I don't think there is less communication with other countries though there are even doors opening in the UAE and others. But ofcourse the effect the governmental recognition Somalia got will have will have effect. When dealing with Washington. We all know Washingtons stance on Somaliland do it through the African union.

And the dual track was introduced in 2011 and i dont think SL gained allot with the dual track. Because it wasn't leading towards recognition but more about development and aid.

nuune   

In the audio, Waraabe said:

"Xukuuma Siilaanyo kala tashan meyno sidii aan u badbaadin laheyn Somaliland kuna halleyn meyno"

"Sidii uu Siilaanyo madaxweyne u noqdeyba Somaliland wey shuuqdey oo arrimihii dibada ma jirto oo ninkaa iska jawaabayo weeye(SL foreign affair reaction to Obama recognition of Somali government)"

"Mar hadii uu Super Powerkii weynaa aqoonsadey Somalia, dee adduun weynaha sidee bey ula macaamilayaan Somaliland"

The presenter asked Waraabe this:

"Waraabe, muda badan ayaad soo taagneyd oo ku soo jirtey siyaasada Somaliland oo hogaamiyaashii Somaliland aad ka mid aheyd, dhowr iyo labaatan sano dadaal la wadeyna waxba laguma gaarin, marka maxaad hadda dadka u eed-eedeeneysaa"

Wuxuu yiri Waraabe:

"Cidna eedeyn maayo, cidna kala tashan meyno badbaadinta Somaliland"

Presenter then said:

"Maxaad awood ood leedahay Waraabe ood u leedahay cidna kala tashan meyno madaxwyene la doortey ayaa jira"

Waraabe wuxuu yiri:

"Shir weyne qaran ayaan iskugu yeereynaa mutacallimiinta iyo bulshada waana ka hadleynaa badbaadinta Somaliland"

"been danbe dadka lagu seexin maayo"

^He essentially said the president's meeting with Obama was missed opportunity to have the Americans mediate among Somalis and acknowledge the existing administrations including Sland.

His remarks seem a bit contradictory.

Regardless of all I am sure Siilanyo and the Foreign minister knows something. Since Siilanyo and his foreign ministervisited Washington before Kulmiye Assumed power I was of the sense that Some sort of change will happen in this part of the Horn.